TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

NHL 2006 Off-Season...

i like zherdev. but he seems to be a yashin-like player. a yashin without the results.

He's 21!

exactly. i didn't say he wouldn't achieve the results. he's an offensive player who doesn't back check & believes he's more valuable than he currently is. he has to prove himself before demanding a fat contract.

I'd really like if Montreal went after Ronald Petrovicky, Brad Isbister, Mike Leclarec, Mark Recchi, Radoslav Suchy, Jim Dowd, Jaroslav Svaboda, Nathan Dempsey, Ken Klee, Erik Rasmussen, Justin Papineau, Martin Rucinsky, Dean McAmmond, Scott Young

Why? None of those players are better then anyone we already have, including the rookies that haven't been given a chance to shine... Recchi, and Klee will serve the whole NHL better if they just retire. Martin Rucinsky sucked for us 5 years and has only gotten worse. Brad Isbister is a very poor man's Mike Ryder, and everyone brings nothing to the table. In all, I'd be dissappointed if we got any of those players, with possibly Scott Young being the exception.

You know Steve Begin can't do all of the toughness for forwards. I mean ya we got Mike Johnson, but I mean put Klee with Rivet or Komisarek and you got a pretty strong second line defence. Thats why there's guys like Isbister and Leclarec who can give us some size.

Jim Dowd is one of the best faceoff men in the league, something that is Montreal weakness.

Rucinsky played very well with Montreal for his five years, sure not his peak performance, but I mean a second big guy scorer would be able to help Montreal.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=171859&hubname=

Panthers kill an Eagle. Looking more and more like Alex Auld is going to be a starter next season...

So Eddy's done now, right? He's gotta be, eh?

Not that I'm, celebrating it, but come on. Pack it up, Eagle.

If Detroit signs a different goalie, I think it could very well be the end for Belfour.

I'd really like if Montreal went after Ronald Petrovicky, Brad Isbister, Mike Leclarec, Mark Recchi, Radoslav Suchy, Jim Dowd, Jaroslav Svaboda, Nathan Dempsey, Ken Klee, Erik Rasmussen, Justin Papineau, Martin Rucinsky, Dean McAmmond, Scott Young

Why? None of those players are better then anyone we already have, including the rookies that haven't been given a chance to shine... Recchi, and Klee will serve the whole NHL better if they just retire. Martin Rucinsky sucked for us 5 years and has only gotten worse. Brad Isbister is a very poor man's Mike Ryder, and everyone brings nothing to the table. In all, I'd be dissappointed if we got any of those players, with possibly Scott Young being the exception.

You know Steve Begin can't do all of the toughness for forwards. I mean ya we got Mike Johnson, but I mean put Klee with Rivet or Komisarek and you got a pretty strong second line defence. Thats why there's guys like Isbister and Leclarec who can give us some size.

Jim Dowd is one of the best faceoff men in the league, something that is Montreal weakness.

Rucinsky played very well with Montreal for his five years, sure not his peak performance, but I mean a second big guy scorer would be able to help Montreal.

HAVE YOU SEEN KEN KLEE PLAY HOCKEY IN THE PAST 2 YEARS?!?!?!?!

The guy is a joke... every single defensemen we have is leaps and bounds better then him...including Streit.

Markov-Rivet

Souray-Komisarek

Boullion-Dandenault

Streit

Where does Klee fit in there? Who would you take out? I live in Ontario, hell I think we went to the same college, so I'm sure you saw Toronto play, and you still think KLEE is good enough to replace one of those guys???

And Isbister... where's he going to play? same as Rucinsky? we have our wingers now.. and those guys would be 3rd or 4th line guys that we already have set in our system for much cheaper... and Jim Dowd would be our like what 6th centremen, we already pay our 4th line centre like 2.5 million, I just don't see the point. I was so hoping you were kidding like the other guys said.

Linden will be back with Canucks

Jul, 20 2006 - 8:20 AM

VANCOUVER/CKNW(AM980) - The Vancouver Canucks are expecting Trevor Linden to return to the lineup.

GM Dave Nonis says a roster spot awaits the unrestricted free agent, and they'll sit down next week to discuss a new deal.

The Canucks didn't exercise a 1.5-million-dollar option after Linden slumped to 16 points last season.

Meanwhile, Anson Carter's agent says the free agent won't accept the Canucks' current offer, believed to be 1.8-million dollars a year.

Excellent news

Cuban, Marino bid for Pens rejected

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=172078&hubname=nhl

It appears Mark Cuban and Dan Marino will not be the saviors of hockey in Pittsburgh.

According to the Pittsburgh Tribune Review, the group headed up by New York City financier Andrew Murstein had their bid of more than $170 million US rejected by the Penguins.

"We increased our offer significantly, and it was not accepted," said Murstein, whose group has made it known they would like to keep the team in Pittsburgh. Cuban and Marino are both Pittsburgh-area natives.

Hartford businessman Sam Fingold appears to be the frontrunner with a bid in the neighbourhood of $175 million US. Fingold has discussed the possibility of moving the team to Kansas City.

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Fingold could sign a letter of intent within days to negotiate a deal. But Massachusetts developer Larry Gottesdiener, who has talked about moving the team to Hartford, is still in the picture as well.

A group that considered moving the team to Hamilton, Ontario appears to have dropped out of the running.

The Penguins ownership group, including former team captain Mario Lemieux, would like to finalize the sale of the team before the start of the 2006-07 campaign.

Ryder signed with Montreal for one year 2.2 million.

Ryder for Briere???

You know I really wonder what is the logic behind Gainey signing everyone for one year and Boullion three years.

HAVE YOU SEEN KEN KLEE PLAY HOCKEY IN THE PAST 2 YEARS?!?!?!?!

The guy is a joke... every single defensemen we have is leaps and bounds better then him...including Streit.

Markov-Rivet

Souray-Komisarek

Boullion-Dandenault

Streit

Where does Klee fit in there? Who would you take out? I live in Ontario, hell I think we went to the same college, so I'm sure you saw Toronto play, and you still think KLEE is good enough to replace one of those guys???

And Isbister... where's he going to play? same as Rucinsky? we have our wingers now.. and those guys would be 3rd or 4th line guys that we already have set in our system for much cheaper... and Jim Dowd would be our like what 6th centremen, we already pay our 4th line centre like 2.5 million, I just don't see the point. I was so hoping you were kidding like the other guys said.

Klee would have fit as a rotating seventh d with Streit and I would have let go of Boullion, or pushed him to play forward.

I don't think Bulis is going to put up numbers like this year again.

We do need a second good face off man and a good defensive centermen (something Montreal lacks of) and Dowd can fit in perfectly and can help players like Higgins, Plekanc etc... Ribs can't play defence.

Like I said with the addition of Johnson does help with size and strength, Isbister can do the same as well if Bulis does not get signed.

Hey, Klee was alright his first year with the Leafs, but it is true that he is crap now. He wouldn't be worth signing unless your team has a real lack of depth at D.

Hey, Klee was alright his first year with the Leafs, but it is true that he is crap now. He wouldn't be worth signing unless your team has a real lack of depth at D.

I don't think I'd have minded Klee. He's a good defensive D-man and can kill penalties. We're going to need someone to fill that role (Streit, maybe Bouillon) since Montreal has begun to over-do it's need from two years ago for a PP quaterback.

That being said, get one more forward like Bulis provided he doesn't resign. As much as I like Samsonov, I'd like one more sniper for peace of mind, mostly on the grounds that just about everyone on the Habs had a career year last year.

The D Pairing should go like this for Montreal.

Souray-Markov

Rivet-Komisarek

Dandenault-Streit

on the PowerPlay

Souray-Markov

Komisarek-Streit

PK

Souray-Rivet

Streit-Komisarek.

Souray-Rivet

First Line

Samsonov-Koivu-Kovalev

Bulis-Riberio-Ryder

Begin-Bonk-Sundstrom

Plekanic-Higgins-Perezoghin

They should be called Montreal Europeans with only three players from Canada.

Colorado, but god he would look so sweet the Les Habitant jersey.

I want him wearing the crown, but I think 5 million is an awful lot of money for a player who's had one great half season in a very uptempo offense. I'd rather wait to see what goes on with Connolly or Zherdev.

Too bad left-shot Bulis can't play with the Sedins.

The Nucks will be stuck with King or someone equally useless missing open nets while the Henrik and Daniel cry.

What's the deal there, by the way? Rucinsky, Sanderson and Carter were all supposed to fit perfectly with the Brothers Sedin. What's the missing ingredient?

This is just my opinion, but I think it was the Sedins ability to come into their own this season that has caused Carter to think his value is high. The Sedins ability to cycle the puck was what enabled Carter to have a big year. All Carter did was wait for them to cycle, free himself up into an open position and push the puck in. Unless Nonis has a salary dump or two lined up, I think they're done for this offseason.

Too bad left-shot Bulis can't play with the Sedins.

The Nucks will be stuck with King or someone equally useless missing open nets while the Henrik and Daniel cry.

What's the deal there, by the way? Rucinsky, Sanderson and Carter were all supposed to fit perfectly with the Brothers Sedin. What's the missing ingredient?

Rucinsky - Soft, sucks.

Sanderson - Blazing speed, but the guy was only around for one playoff run before he bolted. He wasn't exactly a great shot either, somewhat inconsistent.

Carter - The best linemate they had, but still managed to miss open nets to the point where it was no longer surprising.

They need a right winger who has good enough hands to consistently convert, and someone physical enough to be able to survive in front of the net. Those types of players are highly priced, and the Canucks have never bothered to spend the money to give the Sedins the threat they need. I mean, Rucinsky? Come on.