TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Worst match you've seen live

May 22, 1998: Ernest Miller pinned Yuji Nagata...Chris Jericho defeated Super Calo...World Television Champion Fit Finlay pinned Jim Neidhart...Jim Duggan defeated Brian Adams by Disqualification...Perry Saturn pinned Van Hammer...Horace Boulder pinned Juventud Guerrera...World Cruiserweight Champion Dean Malenko defeated Chavo Guerrero Jr....Lex Luger defeated The Giant by Disqualification.

Ah hell, just pick a match. Definitely, the worst wrestling show I ever saw live. It was, of course, a live Thunder. And I don't remember a thing from Malenko/Guerrero.

Ha, I had to watch Arn Anderson job to the Renegade at GAB 95!

I wasn't there live for that KOTR 2002 main event but I did rewatch the HHH/UT match a while back. To be honest it's not all THAT bad. It's at least competent. If you want a shitty UT match from 2002, I suggest the Backlash match vs. Austin.

JHawk, since you were there live at KOTR 2002 tell me this....did the crowd go totally dead after Brock beat RVD for the KOTR title?

Until The Rock came out during the main event, yeah, pretty much. And despite how it sounded on TV they had been pretty hot all night.

May 22, 1998: Ernest Miller pinned Yuji Nagata...Chris Jericho defeated Super Calo...World Television Champion Fit Finlay pinned Jim Neidhart...Jim Duggan defeated Brian Adams by Disqualification...Perry Saturn pinned Van Hammer...Horace Boulder pinned Juventud Guerrera...World Cruiserweight Champion Dean Malenko defeated Chavo Guerrero Jr....Lex Luger defeated The Giant by Disqualification.

Ah hell, just pick a match. Definitely, the worst wrestling show I ever saw live. It was, of course, a live Thunder. And I don't remember a thing from Malenko/Guerrero.

Wasn't that the night Chavo finally took a swing at Uncle Eddy during the whole "Chavo is Eddy's slave" thing? I seem to remember being there live for that moment and was definitely at that horrible taping.

If we're including indies, then the All-Star Wrestling show I saw in Leamington had plenty, the worst being "Brooklyn Brawler" Julio Torres vs Kid Cool. The only memorable thing about it was Brawler yelling "YEAH!" in between every move. Like a horrible imitation of wrestling.

As for the WWE, seeing the hot 6-man match of Rev D-Von/Ron Simmons/Crash Holly vs Chuck Palumbo/Bill DeMott/Shannon Moore at a house show in Sheffield wasn't really a highlight

Probably Kronik vs Native Blood at WWA: Revolution PPV just awful. actually there were a few awful matches that night. Devon Storm vs Sabu was 20 mins of crappy "high flying" (mostly blown) spots. Reno(from the natural born thrillers in wcw) vs Alan Funk (the former kwee-wee as the funkster- a hogan ripoff).

Last WWE show I went to (RAW in august 04 the lita-kane wedding), had a unexpectedly awful Edge-Jericho IC title match that had a false finish, then a terrible dq finish (the ref dqed edge for dropping Jericho crotch first on the roopes- I mean what the hell is that about?) the whole show including heat had only 5 matches and none of them were any good, save for maybe the regal-flair match and even that was kind of boring.