TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Eclipse

Futurama is back...

Guest Felonies!

The Critic > Futurama

C'mon, Jay's dad sitting in his study, quietly reading the New York Yellow Pages is great.

I can't wait for the new episodes, it sounds like they won't be rushed if they're not going to aired until 2008. Gives them some serious time to sit down and write episodes as good as I know the Futurama team can.

"I know that Monkey, his name is Donkey!"

"Donkeys can't be Monkeys, stop messing with my mind!"

The Simpsons Prime> Family Guy Originals>The Critic>Futurama

Futurama is one of those things that is way overhyped by the internet fans. It's funny at times, but there is no way that any of it comes close to The Simpson's in it's prime. If The Simpson's stopped in it's prime Futurama wouldn't even be mentioned in the same discussion.

I see it as Futurama is to The Simpsons like American Dad is to Family Guy.

Go watch old episodes of The Critic and find out how they don't hold up at all. I love the show, but cheap Arnold jokes about 15 year old movies aren't something I'm eager to go back and watch. No way is it better than Futurama.

And AD is better than Family Guy at this point.

The hell it is, look at the first seasons of both and see how they compare. You can't compare the first seasons of a show to the later seasons of another.

Arguing about what's funny or not is pointless, as everyone has their own sense.

That said; anyone who doesn't think Futurama is funny is a stupid dickhead.

Now that was not that great. Obviously I'm not gonna prejudge new episodes on that, but weren't those basically the same graphics from Homer Cubed?

It's a promo by an outside studio. He's marking out for the return of the show. Jeez.

Go watch old episodes of The Critic and find out how they don't hold up at all. I love the show, but cheap Arnold jokes about 15 year old movies aren't something I'm eager to go back and watch. No way is it better than Futurama.

Exactly (about the Critic). I loved that show too, but most of the jokes are terribly dated now. Plus, Comedy Central ran the show in re-runs for a long time, so I feel like I got more than my fill.

Watched a download on Friday, decided it was worth buying the DVD for. I enjoyed the commentary track on said DVD. The commentary on "A Terrifying Message from Al Gore" is really good too.

I didn't necessarily find this hilariously funny, but it was a really interesting story and I thought it played out great.

Watched the movie on Tuesday. While it didn't have any huge laughs, it never dragged, and it pretty much had all the things I loved about the show; some funny moments ("Farnsworth? Why, that's me!"), super-cool musical numbers, and some good emotional stuff. And it translated to a feature length movie quite well. I look forward to the next movies.

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face

The hypnotoad gag is the only thing I ever liked about this show.

The movie was good. It was, however, not THAT funny. It was one of those things where I wasn't laughing much, but I was entertained the whole way through watching it. The actual STORY was actually strong enough to keep it going - which is something a show like, say, Family Guy could never do.

I think it tried a little too hard trying to replicate "Luck of the Fryish" and "Jurassic Bark" and I saw the Lars twist coming - but it was still pretty good. I like the screen-time Bender got.

http://www.tv.com/futurama/show/249/story/...om_clk=gumballs

An interview with David Cohen about this(and future DVDs)

TV.com: Are you discussing the plot of the other three movies yet?

David X. Cohen: Yeah. The second one--all of these titles are tentative, they may or may not stay the same--is called, The Beast with a Billion Backs. And it is guest starring David Cross as its monstrous planet-sized alien from another universe who has a love affair with all living beings in our universe simultaneously. So it's an interuniversal love story. Brittany Murphy is also in that one and Stephen Hawking is returning for his second guest appearance.