TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampiro69

Click

Anyone see this movie yet? I saw it last night and was quite surprised at how serious the movie got towards the end. I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet, but I think that this is easily one of Sandler's best movies.

The movie actually has a serious life message at the end of the film, and most surpirsingly there were scenes in the movie that actually had some of the people in the theater with tears in their eyes.

Looks like another typical Sandler affair. I feel for the guy, though. He tried to branch out and get away from the stale character he's basically played in all of his movies and it got crapped on by his so-called fans (re: Punch Drunk Love).

A serious message towards the end isnt something I didnt expect. I suppose the movie came off as Bruce Almighty 1.4?? Not that thats a bad thing cause I dont really care, Imma see the movie regardless.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Yeah, people were crying towards the end at the theater where I saw it too. I really liked it. One of Sandler's best.

Guest wildpegasus

Was this the same idea as the hilarious Weird Science episode that featured the remote control?

Which reminds me Scream used the same concept for a movie that Weird Science used for one of their episodes as well.

I saw it last night.

I disagree with most of you and thought it kind of sucked. I'd give it *1/2 out of *****. It was an incredibly unfocused screenplay with actors on cruise control throughout. It was like they had two different scripts; one wacky typical Sandler comedy and a melodrama with a message. I thought if they wanted to do a melodrama, they should have gotten a better actor than Sandler and if they wanted to do a wacky Sandler movie they should have lightened it up a bit. I also thought the dramatic scenes felt forced. Don't get me wrong, I'm a pretty big Sandler fan and I admire him for taking chances with his projects but this one just didn't do it for me. I thought the premise was a decent one ( a remote control that controls your entire life) but the execution rather poor.

I dunno, I think Sandler is a good actor when he wants to be and he did good. I too was suprised how dramatic it got. Heck, I cried at the end. I wasn't expecting that at all. Good stuff.

The last half of the movie where Sandler learned his lesson was just awful and the ending was a total cop-out.

Not one of his best

PDL or Click?

Click.

Never seen PDL

Resist the pressure, Bob. So many people on this board made it sound like the best movie ever, but I was sorely disappointed when I finally saw it. Maybe I just couldn't align myself to its unique style of quirkiness, but I absolutely don't get what was so great about this movie.

How are you surprised at how serious the movie got?

ALL Adam Sandler movies get serious at the end. They're all the same fucking schtick.

Sandler and Carrey alike.

I'm convinced that anybody who doesn't love Punch Drunk Love the way it deserves to be loved has no business watching movies. Or doing much of anything else, for that matter.

Guest NYankees

I just read that David Cassidy from the Partridge Family's daughter is in the movie click. She plays the daughter all grown up at the end. I also read that she is dating that loser Jesse Mccartney. So fuck her. Click wasn't that bad of a movie but you knew the ending was going to be a feel good ending at the end with a second chance.

This movie brought tears to my eyes. Seriously. It feels like two different movies, like an hour long unfunny Sandler film and then 30-40 minutes of amazingly well-written, sad, but awesome film.

Agreed. Granted I have a lot of crap in my life going on and it touched a damn chord after the movie was over. Stupid damn movie making me cry.

I hate you Adam Sandler.

Plz. PDL was typical PTA pretentious tripe.

And I haven't seen Click, but I'm imagining Schneider's cameo involves him saying "You can do it!"

He's heavily disguised in his cameo surprisingly. I didn't even recognize that it was him until his scene was almost over. He played some Saudi prince named Prince Habubi, that Sandler made fun of his name.

As you can guess, the cameo was HI-LARIOUS!