TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest J0bber

Post Your Unpopular Political Opinions

Louis Riel is Manitoba greatest hero...and villian, at the same time.

3 points for the Louis Riel post. :cheers:

Never expected to see a statement made about Louis Riel.

Louis Riel is Manitoba greatest hero...and villian, at the same time.

3 points for the Louis Riel post. :cheers:

Never expected to see a statement made about Louis Riel.

Ditto. Probably one of the most exciting figures in Canadian history. There's a comic-strip/graphic novel biography by Chester Brown that is a very great read.

All non-profit organizations should not get a dime of taxpayers money. I don't care if it's NPR or the Boy Scouts...don't give them any money. Let them raise it on their own.

We can solve the marriage debate very easily as well...the states/counties/cities can stop issuing marriage licenses. The only reason they do is for tax reasons anyway. If it's such an issue about God, let the churches decide who gets married and who doesn't. And no civil unions either. Take the state and the government out of the picture.

I'm all for disagreeing political opinions and all that. However, when it comes to the fight against Islamo-fascists, I have a serious problem with politicians who seem to not like the war just because the other side is running the show. If they don't have a legit reason to be against the war, they should be hanged for treason.

And finally...I'm not for guest program workers on illegal immigration. If you are in this country illegally, they should round them all up and deport them. If they want to come to this country, they can do it legally. I'm willing to throw more money at the INS, the system is broken. Plus...we need walls up on both the Canadian and the Mexican borders.

If they don't have a legit reason to be against the war, they should be hanged for treason.

First someone needs to come up with a legit reason for being for the war.

The PBS/NPR/NEA thing is such a rabble-rousing issue when it accounts for such a tiny tiny amount of the budget.

If five bucks of the thousands and thousands of dollars I pay the feds go to Masterpiece Theatre or a starving artist instead of a fucking cruise missle, GOOD.

And EVERYONE knew that NO was fucked if a hurricane came its way. I remember reading articles about it while I lived in NO. It's as much a part of the corrup local gov'ts fault, but this 'no one knew what could happen!' shit infuriates me.

In fact, I think a lot of the data from the Scientific American or Nat'l Geographic or whatever article I read came from the Army Corp of Engineers.

There's a straight up lie you can attribute to Bush. "No one knew what could happen!" Fuck you. that's why everyone with a dollar to spare left the city whenever a hurricane came calling, is it?

Bush DEFINATELY knew, they have recordings of him meeting with folks before the hurricane. He knew the levies would give. He lies every time he says he didn't know about 9/11 or Katrina

Some of the last few posts seem to be built around the notion that the president either reads or is well-informed.

Some of the last few posts seem to be built around the notion that the president either reads or is well-informed.

He was briefed. We have recording of him being briefed about Katrina. And I hope that at the very least someone read that presidental briefing to him, the "Bin Laden determined to strike in the US" one that Rice claims was historical

The Katrina thing is far more vile in my book.

Everyone knew that there were terrorist threats to the US. No one could have predicted 9/11. It was unprecedented, and though the 'my goat Bob' or whatever thing shows himseld as incompetent, we already knew that.

The Katrina thing shows he LIED. He could've said, there were higher priorities, we made a mistake...

He lied about that shit. Forget selective intelligence, whatever.

I'm outraged by Nagin just as much, and everyone who came before him. Everyone knew that city could be fucked.

When a hurricane missed us, and it was just a tropical storm, I slep in my fucking car on the second level of the Tulane parking garage. I called my parents. They laughed at me and said I was overreacting. Then the Hurricane hit. I'm lucky not to have been buried in two feet of feces.

Yeah, there's that one tape where Bush is being briefed and all he says is "We're praying for you folks". Seriously.

Maybe it would've been nice if he did more than pray, and actually did something to help, since he's, you know...the president of the United States, and it's his job to protect the American people.

I was saying with Vietnam, I think he's as good if not a better than JFK.

Although it's really not saying much, since IMO, JFK wasn't around long enough. I can't really judge if he was a good president.

LBJ seemed to be a mediocre president with a few good ideas.

And I'm saying if JFK didn't get shot, he's a better president than LBJ. And, while this is certainly an opinion thread and not a debate thread, putting LBJ against JFK to indicate that LBJ is a great President is sort of strange, given that no legitimate political analyst ranks JFK anywhere near the top 20.

Hello, friends! :wub:

Red and Blue politics is an utter failure and only achieves basic compromises to the needs of the average person. We need true born leaders to step up and lead instead of special interest puppets who are easily manipulated.

There are far too many humans.

Work needs to be less spirit crushing and more of people doing what they're best suited to do, be it leading an army or picking turnips. Everyone should be made to feel important, no matter what their role is, because they are. Cut out all the middle men and bullshit paperwork and we could probably get the same amount of work done in half the time, and we'd be a lot happier.

Upwardly mobile again we must be. Now we think art is great if everyone likes it. Screw that; that'll get us Britney Spears. What we need is art that great minds think is great. Everyone else needs entertainment (pacifiers) anyway.

Death to the class system. Your salary does not determine your worth or intelligence, although there are some correlations.

Ethnic separation. Two cultures cannot coexist in the same place, and culture is our only defense against valuelessness (what most yobs call "nihilism").

Death to the class system. Your salary does not determine your worth or intelligence, although there are some correlations.

Fuck the poor. Most who are poor are so because they are dysfunctional

Ethnic separation. Two cultures cannot coexist in the same place, and culture is our only defense against valuelessness

The genders do not serve equal roles equally. Death to feminism, and death to machoism.

Scumbags of low ethics and money morality need bullets. Why do we consider it "bad" to say that?

The #1 reason to stop working so damn much: our kids need parents, both role models and affection. Is there a higher value than making our children feel loved?

We do not need freedoms; we need sanity and sane leaders. We do not need many perspectives; we need a correct one.

Burn down all the malls. Failing that, turn them into a complex with a library, arboretum, meeting place.

The above is said with no anger, hatred, superiority complex, insanity.

This post brought to you by love, hugz, and Sacramentum's Far Away From The Sun

As long as Baron's referring to mid 1800's Canadian figures, I wouldn't mind seeing a report, a la Lord Durham in 1837, about our country and it's people written by alien.

Guest InuYasha

There should be a gov't paid employee who does nothing except keep Ann Coulter "stimulated," so as to prevent the rest of the world from having to deal with her.

I just love the idea of segregating races. Going back sixty years is amazing progress I think. Some would disagree, but sometimes we make mistakes as a society and the only way to correct them is to completely reverse our stance on certain issues. Desegregation is one of them.

Let the niggers keep to themselves and let the whites have their own neighbourhoods. I have been spouting that for years. I'm just glad to see someone finally agree with me.

That's why it was my favourite.

He was briefed. We have recording of him being briefed about Katrina. And I hope that at the very least someone read that presidental briefing to him, the "Bin Laden determined to strike in the US" one that Rice claims was historical

It would help if I knew what the contents of the briefing were.

Oh look, a "Bush is dumb" joke. Haven't heard enough of those over the last 6+ years.

Unpopular opinion: People need new material.

Oh look, a "Bush is dumb" joke. Haven't heard enough of those over the last 6+ years.

Unpopular opinion: People need new material.

I beleive you misunderstood me. I wasn't making a "Bush is dumb" joke, I was making a "Bush doesn't read and isn't very well informed" joke, and those types of jokes have only been around since he started a war based on false information his defenders claimed was the only info he had access to. The man seems to be missing huge pieces of key information on the occupation of Iraq, Iraq's WMDs, FEMA's response to Hurricane Katrina, etc., all because no one bothered to inform him. He didn't even know he owned part of a lumber company until John Kerry told him.

Here's a nice political taboo that you'll never hear a politician spit: I have no idea why we care so fuckin' much about Israel. You can say that we're trying to support a country that was created for ethnic reasons, but we haven't busted our asses or had our balls busted nearly as much in regards to other ancestry-rooted nations that were created out of thin air.

Reasons I get from people whenever I bring this up:

"There were six million of them killed in the Holocaust." - This is less and less valid as that generation dies off.

"All of the countries around them want them wiped off the face of the planet." - There are a LOT of nations with many enemies, what makes Israel different? This also makes it sound like they're a tiny, defenseless country. They've got the best of military equipment from the West and are (currently, anyway) the only nation in the area with nuclear weapons. That and they also tend to kick the ass of anyone that messes with them.

"You're just an anti-Semite." - No, I just want to know why this little country gets so much of our attention when we can't even get shit right in our own nation.

"It's their homeland." - That's very well and groovy, but again, we don't go to bat for other homeland based countries nearly as much.

So really guys, what is the big freakin' deal about Israel where we can't just treat them like any other country?

We care about Israel because they're a democracy and a friendly power in a strategically vital region where both of those qualities are rare.