TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest J0bber

Post Your Unpopular Political Opinions

The person who responds to Abu Gharib by saying "why aren't these people condemning <insert horrific terrorist act>!?!?" is the person I want to punch in the face.

I'm only willing to go as far as a 3-thread flame war with someone over that.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

If enough civillians get massacred for protecting people we're trying to blow up, maybe they'll turn against the people that are attracting bombs.

Anymore, as this situation has just gone on and on and on and on, I'm having to try pretty hard to convince myself that we shouldn't just bomb the middle east out of existence and take their resources.

Especially since everyone knows the worst part of this board is the top.

I'd personally vote for Graphics since no one actually uses it for such and instead it's a lame No Holds Barred backup or something

I'd personally vote for Graphics since no one actually uses it for such and instead it's a lame No Holds Barred backup or something

Masked Man of Density Rides Again

Masked Man of Density Rides Again

Pardon me for thinking that the Graphics folder should be for oh, I don't know....GRAPHICS!

Pardon me for noticing that you frequently respond to obvious joke posts as though they were serious

I never had the best sense for when someone is joking, but I don't like being insulted, that's all.

Guest Felonies!
Pardon me for thinking that the Graphics folder should be for oh, I don't know....GRAPHICS!

HIGH FIVE, DUDE!

Here's my unpopular opinion: I don't make too much distinction between some guy who blows himself up in a public cafe, killing civilians... and a guy who points a missile or grenade launcher at a building where he knows a "bad guy" is in, and he KNOWS there are civilians in it or around it that will be killed. People argue that intent is the difference, but the fact is the second guy doesn't care (enough) about dead civilians.

Yes, if you do care, people will maybe try to use this against you by shielding themselves with civilians. Its like how supervillians know that superman or batman won't kill them or care too much about lois lane or whatever so they always kidnap them, etc etc.

It's part of the burden of being the "good guy", deal with it somehow. or give up your moral outrage and rightness and stop ranting about how you're right and they're wrong, etc etc.

Also, I don't agree with using the behavior of terrorists or other evil folk as a barometer of what is or isn't right. You constantly see people use enemy behavior as some sort of barometer. Defend something horrible by trying to point to worse stuff they do. middle east countries do it with US and Israel, we do it with terrorists, palestinian supporters do it with Israel, frankly its all bullshit. The person who responds to Abu Gharib by saying "why aren't these people condemning <insert horrific terrorist act>!?!?" is the person I want to punch in the face.

yes its true, being the better person puts you at a disadvantage at times, IF YOU LET IT. If you're stupid and don't want to use your brains.

What a ridiculous belief you have here.

The only way to then deal with the terrorist threat would be to invade such a region with troops, and do door-to-door fighting, which in the end only winds up with civilians still caught in the crossfire and more of YOUR troops dead because you're playing to some silly notion that dying en mass for a group of people who are providing aid & comfort to your terrorist enemies is more right or noble.

You really don't see a difference between someone from Hamas or Hezbollah strapping a bomb to themselves and blowing up a Israeli wedding? Or a shopping mall. Or a school bus. Or any other number of purely civilian targets that Hamas / Hezbollah have targeted ad nauseam for years now.

Hamas / Hezbollah willingly places its troops / resources in civilian populated areas because they know that eventual civilian casaulties will result from it, and then Israel will have individuals with weak-stomachs such as yourself decrying Israel for being so vicious and terrorist-like in their offense against their enemy. Perhaps you should sit back and think about just how vile Hamas & Hezbollah are for willingly setting up shop amongst civilians KNOWING that doing so will cause the people they CLAIM to exist to protect (from those evil Zionists, of course) to die. You're asking Israel to tie its hands in waging a successful campaign in order to prevent the inadvertent deaths of civilians whose own people (Hamas / Hezbollah) don't give enough of a shit about to remove them from harm's way.

Hamas / Hezbollah willingly places its troops / resources in civilian populated areas because they know that eventual civilian casaulties will result from it, and then Israel will have individuals with weak-stomachs such as yourself decrying Israel for being so vicious and terrorist-like in their offense against their enemy. Perhaps you should sit back and think about just how vile Hamas & Hezbollah are for willingly setting up shop amongst civilians KNOWING that doing so will cause the people they CLAIM to exist to protect (from those evil Zionists, of course) to die. You're asking Israel to tie its hands in waging a successful campaign in order to prevent the inadvertent deaths of civilians whose own people (Hamas / Hezbollah) don't give enough of a shit about to remove them from harm's way.

I like the way you think.

I have no problem with racial profiling in airports. If only one race of people are causing all the terrorist attacks then I have no problem with searching just them.

Here's my unpopular opinion: I don't make too much distinction between some guy who blows himself up in a public cafe, killing civilians... and a guy who points a missile or grenade launcher at a building where he knows a "bad guy" is in, and he KNOWS there are civilians in it or around it that will be killed. People argue that intent is the difference, but the fact is the second guy doesn't care (enough) about dead civilians.

Yes, if you do care, people will maybe try to use this against you by shielding themselves with civilians. Its like how supervillians know that superman or batman won't kill them or care too much about lois lane or whatever so they always kidnap them, etc etc.

It's part of the burden of being the "good guy", deal with it somehow. or give up your moral outrage and rightness and stop ranting about how you're right and they're wrong, etc etc.

Also, I don't agree with using the behavior of terrorists or other evil folk as a barometer of what is or isn't right. You constantly see people use enemy behavior as some sort of barometer. Defend something horrible by trying to point to worse stuff they do. middle east countries do it with US and Israel, we do it with terrorists, palestinian supporters do it with Israel, frankly its all bullshit. The person who responds to Abu Gharib by saying "why aren't these people condemning <insert horrific terrorist act>!?!?" is the person I want to punch in the face.

yes its true, being the better person puts you at a disadvantage at times, IF YOU LET IT. If you're stupid and don't want to use your brains.

What a ridiculous belief you have here.

The only way to then deal with the terrorist threat would be to invade such a region with troops, and do door-to-door fighting, which in the end only winds up with civilians still caught in the crossfire and more of YOUR troops dead because you're playing to some silly notion that dying en mass for a group of people who are providing aid & comfort to your terrorist enemies is more right or noble.

You really don't see a difference between someone from Hamas or Hezbollah strapping a bomb to themselves and blowing up a Israeli wedding? Or a shopping mall. Or a school bus. Or any other number of purely civilian targets that Hamas / Hezbollah have targeted ad nauseam for years now.

Well if the "Minuteman" style of fighting isn't your cup of tea best not show up for the fight. I guess it works a little too well. You don't put your King in check on purpose, you know? It works both ways.

Still I gotta wonder how anyone can have sympathy for the guy with the biggest gun and still can't win. THEN he COMPLAINS about it!

That being said we are all in good hands with the weakling conservatives who just don't know how to deal with this situation. Good thing THEY are in charge.

I have no problem with racial profiling in airports. If only one race of people are causing all the terrorist attacks then I have no problem with searching just them.

This idea seems to make sense and all, but most anyone I know who's nuts about homemade explosives and guns and shit is white. Let's take a look at what color all the school shooters were... hmm... I think we should search white kids more when they get to their schools in the morning. Such a measure would make the common man shit himself with anger (and probably say something about "the blacks"), but that's what's being proposed for Arabic people.

A killer is a killer is a killer, no matter the skin tone.

Timothy_mcveigh.jpg

Harrisklebold.jpg

story.mckevitt.jpg

Ericrudolph.jpg

Fucking Arabs.

Damn them shooting up that airport or blowing up that plane.

Yeah, we'll blow up an abortion clinic, explode a car bomb, shoot up a school, blow up a building with children in it, but doing anything at an airport or on an airplane IS WHERE THE WHITE RACE DRAWS THE LINE!!!!!!!

I don't give a shit about race. Religious belief is what I'm concerned about. As I'm sure you know, Arabs aren't the only Muslim people in the world. They aren't the only terrorists, but still.

I don't give a shit about race. Religious belief is what I'm concerned about. As I'm sure you know, Arabs aren't the only Muslim people in the world. They aren't the only terrorists, but still.

If racial profiling won't stop Muslim terrorists that look Caucasian, what's the point? There are also plenty of non-Arabic or non-Middle Eastern people who appear to be in those groups at a glance. And, as mentioned, there have been plenty of non-Arabic/Middle Eastern terrorists. Racial profiling makes people feel safe at the cost of both not being effective, and not being fair. That's 2 disadvantages with no benefit.

"Behavorial assessment" profiling, by comparison, has been used successfully in Israeli airports for years.

"Behavorial assessment" profiling, by comparison, has been used successfully in Israeli airports for years.

Explain plz

Basically all the airline terrorists in the last 20 or so years have been Arab Muslim men. It's not that hard a concept to grasp.

Radical Islam is our enemy right now, and we need to do everything we can to stop it.

Securing our borders might be a good first step, since any terrorist can basically just walk from Mexico to get into the US.

Basically all the airline terrorists in the last 20 or so years have been Arab Muslim men. It's not that hard a concept to grasp.

Radical Islam is our enemy right now, and we need to do everything we can to stop it.

Securing our borders might be a good first step, since any terrorist can basically just walk from Mexico to get into the US.

1. Yes, but you can't count on the next airplane disaster to be an Arab Muslim guy no matter what your racial bias tells you.

2. Indeed. Occupying a country that did not attack us on 9-11 is not working. So something else must be tried. I suggest new American leadership. It's not that hard a concept to grasp.

3. I have no problem with this.