TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

2006 NBA Draft

Bob, let's be honest here. This is Darius Washington we're talking about. I think we all know what his iconic moment in history is, don't we?

But then I'm a U of L fan. :rolleyes:

I thought Memphis just made out like bandits. They gave away a nice backup in Shane Battier... to get Rudy Gay, a man who was thought by some to be the #1 pick for a while. Throw in Kyle Lowry and I think Memphis and getting back Stromile Swift (who I've always liked for some reason) and I think Jerry West did a good job here. This team may be able to run up and down the court now with Phoenix and Dallas (I didn't say they were better, I just think they can keep up the pace). Now let's see if we can win ONE playoff game this coming year.

So has Cena's Writer weighed in on the Knicks' awesome draft yet?

If you're a Bulls fan you should thank us now for getting you Ty Thomas this year and probably Oden next year, all for that immortal in the making, Mr. Eddy Curry. Isiah has a special place in hell reserved for him. I shudder to think how much worse next year's draft will be when the Bulls get the # 1 overall from us and we draft another bust in the low 20's.

Bob, let's be honest here. This is Darius Washington we're talking about. I think we all know what his iconic moment in history is, don't we?

But then I'm a U of L fan. :rolleyes:

I was surprised no one picked Dean either.

And come on- how could you pass up Pittsnoogle?

And you factor in the possibility of trading for KG, however remote that may be...shit. The Bulls could be winning titles by the time the decade's out.

Oh god, please don't Isiah leave the Knicks. There are just too many easy jokes to be made, and ESPN is finally getting around to making them.

On that same note, I'm putting the Knicks 1st-round pick on repeat in my DVD player. From the fan bashing Francis, to everything the announcers said about Isiah, to the sadistic smile Stern had throughout the entire announcement (especially when he said "....we have a trade"). Don't let this end.

Washington officially goes undrafted.

What a dumbass...

Good thing he hired that agent. He really helped him get his career in order.

Just got off the phone with my friend the Sonics fan, who couldn't watch the draft this year:

Sonics fan: So who did Seattle draft?

Me: Saer Sene

Sonics fan: Who?

Me: Some guy from Senegal. He's tall but is going to be a project.

Sonics fan: How much of a project?

Me: Fran Fraschilla said he was teaching him how to do layups at Eurocamp last summer.

Sonics fan: .... awesome.

Pittsnoggle will likely end up somewhere as a free agent. A big man who can shoot like that?

As far as Dean goes, sadly I wonder if the constant injuries at U of L soured teams on him. That and the fact that he spent most of his college career playing point, when he's more of a shooting guard.

I'm baffled as to what people see in Rajon Rondo though. I knew he'd go 1st round but I don't get why exactly. At UK he'd tank it half the time (even to the point where Tubby Smith benched him for BRANDON STOCKTON). He can't shoot for shit either. Hell, Darius Washington is better.

I didn't get to see the Knicks pick. Any chance you think ESPN will show that shit all over again?

Alright guys... who wins the draft? Memphis, Portland, and the New York Knicks as top candidates for that slot. :D

Just got off the phone with my friend the Sonics fan, who couldn't watch the draft this year:

Sonics fan: So who did Seattle draft?

Me: Saer Sene

Sonics fan: Who?

Me: Some guy from Senegal. He's tall but is going to be a project.

Sonics fan: How much of a project?

Me: Fran Fraschilla said he was teaching him how to do layups at Eurocamp last summer.

Sonics fan: .... awesome.

Well we don't have any current center projects.

:huh:

That pick gave me a weird feeling. If Jordan could teach Morrison to harness his emotion and turn it to the defensive end....damn. Morrison's going to be as good as a player playing in Charlotte could be.

The way Morrison plays reminds me of Paul Pierce, but with more emotion.

So, does Roy win ROY? I think he's the most complete player in the draft and Pubes might not get to put up huge numbers if Okafor misses most of next year and the defense can double him.

The more pressing question, will JJ Redick end up being more like Jeff Hornacek than Ashton Korver? I'm guessing no.

Pierce used to have as much emotion as anyone, but now it almost seems like he's given up on ever winning anything with the Celtics. I try not to give Antoine Walker too much credit because I don't particularly like him, but Pierce just hasn't been able to cut it without him there.

Sefolosha being graded an F at that pick? Come on. He's everything the Bulls need in the backcourt and can supplant anyone the Bulls will trade in the coming weeks. Whether it's Deng, Gordon or Chandler who's going, the two guys they picked up tonight will fill that hole immediately.

I can't believe the Rockets gave up Rudy Gay for Shane Battier.

And then one of the idiots on the ESPN crew said Battier will bring veteran leadership to the team. Uh, hello? Half the team is over 50!

More trades! Yay!

Toronto trades the rights to Edin Bavcic to Philadelphia for cash considerations.

San Antonio trades the rights to Damir Markota to Milwaukee for a future second-round pick.

LA Lakers trade the rights to Cheick Samb to Detroit for Maurice Evans.

Dallas trades the rights to J.R. Pinnock to LA Lakers for a future second-round pick.

The Battier-Gay deal has apparently still not been cleared by the league, and I've seen nothing including Swift in the deal.

Also, I really don't think that was a bad trade for Houston, although I'm obviously in the vast minority. I think it was a good deal for both teams.

I've heard and read a lot about how well Gay can take over a game when he gets assertive. Houston already has two guys like that, Yao and McGrady. As much as I love Pau, you can't really say the same about Memphis.

The Rox have plenty of shooters and scorers. What they needed was a guy who is primarily a good perimeter defender and, when needed, a good outside shooter who will get lots of open looks, and Battier gives them all those things. I know that sounds redundant, but what I mean is that they have lots of good shooters, too, but none of them can really do anything else.

Meija gives the Bulls a C- and a F for their picks. Yay.

naiwf, the ROY was made for Roy.

I'm happy with the Bulls picks. I wanted Morrison, but that was just for mark out reasons.

Thomas could develop into a solid player, and Sefolosha gives Chicago a bigger shooting guard.

These picks also give Chicago a little depth at the 2 and 3, just incase the Garnett deal is still on the table. Personally I'd trade Chandler, Deng or Gordon, and a jobber, or one of these picks for KG, if the T-wolves throw in Mark Blount I'd bust a nut.

Stephen A Smith gave me a headache. I had no idea he was such an annoying douche.

Portland sure were busy today. Getting Aldridge, Roy and clearing out a sizeable chunk of a roster in desperate need of an overhaul is good with me, only way it would have been better was if they could've dumped Miles and Randolph out in one of their many trades but i guess you can't have everything you want.

They were going to be bad next year anyway but at least now they'll be crap with hope for the future, particularly if their shittiness is rewarded with Greg Oden in a years time.

So from compiling everything, here's the Blazers list for today:

In:

Aldridge

Roy

LaFrentz

Dickau? (pending injury)

Sergio Rodriguez

Future 2nd-round pick (Grizzlies)

Two future 2nd-round picks (Pacers)

Out:

Telfair

Ratliff

Khryapa

2008 2nd-round pick (to Boston)

Cash (to Phoenix for Rodriguez)

Coming in with the #4 pick and little else.

The Battier-Gay deal has apparently still not been cleared by the league, and I've seen nothing including Swift in the deal.

Something about Battier being a Base Year salary player screwing up the numbers. Plus, since both teams are over the cap, they have to wait for the new cap number to come out on July 12th before the trade can be announced. Something like that. Don't worry West's raping of the Rockets will be made official in due time.

BTW alf, the Rockets do not have shooters. Jon Barry retired. Bob Sura's about to retire due to injury, and he was more of a slasher anyway. Wesley isn't the consistent shooter he was when he was younger (back during the Ford administration). Alston couldn't hit a large red farm building with any consistency if he were standing on it. To be honest, out best shooter outside of McGrady (when healthy) is Luther Head. Not good. Novak had better carry over his deadeye shooting, otherwise the Rockets are in for a long season of Yao being double teamed and the lane being clogged. I'm hoping the Rockets manage to somehow talk Mike James into taking the midlevel exception to come back, but I doubt it seeing as how he's spent the last season and a half bitching about wanting to get paid.