TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Spiderman 3 Trailer...

I didn't think about this until I saw the trailer again today before Superman:

Anyone else notice the irony in having Kirsten Dunst, a blonde, dye her hair red to play MJ while having Bryce Howard, a redhead, dye her hair blonde to play Gwen?

Yes, I know Dunst was around for the older films, but still.

And I wouldn't mind a bit if they pulled the switch and killed off MJ. Dunst has been the black eye on an otherwise enjoyable movie series.

I didn't think about this until I saw the trailer again today before Superman:

Anyone else notice the irony in having Kirsten Dunst, a blonde, dye her hair red to play MJ while having Bryce Howard, a redhead, dye her hair blonde to play Gwen?

Yes, I know Dunst was around for the older films, but still.

And I wouldn't mind a bit if they pulled the switch and killed off MJ. Dunst has been the black eye on an otherwise enjoyable movie series.

It was mentioned back when the news of Bryce Howard being cast as Gwen Stacy first came out. I also don't see the problem with Dunst - she does just fine.

Guest NYankees

How do they explain the sandman killing Uncle Ben when I thought they clearly showed it was the goon from the wrestling arena in the first one.

I'm happy to see no sign of Venom in there, leaving hope that it won't be complete overkill with him, Sandman, & Goblin II. I assume the ending of the movie would obviously be Brock becoming Venom, though.

Guest Smues

Sandman killing Uncle Ben is lame, but damn if that trailer wasn't awesome. Is it May yet?

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I don't like it. It takes away part of his whole character motivation.

"Your uncle wasn't killed by the man you let run away by being irresponsible, but by something totally unrelated that you couldn't have stopped anyway, so your great power bore no responsibility".

I'm still optimistic about it panning out in a positive way, though.

I think they may be able to spin it into part of Parker's change that allows the symbiote to get in. Rather than a moral responsibility, now Spiderman has changed his motivation to vengeance and power. I think they'll tie it to Harry's quest in that way.

I hope the CGI isn't done because that shot of Spiderman coming up against the American flag looked like shit. The shot of Spidey in the back suit back-flipping off the buildings and the sequence after that looked rough as hell too.

the American Flag thing might have been a TV thing or something (first thing I thought when I saw it was they were doing a Hulk Sell Cars thing, but with Spiderman)

Keep in mind that this is coming from someone that has absolutely no interest in Marvel characters, I thought the trailer was very underwhelming. Just to compare, the trailer for Spiderman 2 even got me interested.

I guess alot has to do with the fact that the only thing that I was looking forward to,Gwen Stacy, was non-existent in the trailer.

The Sandman thing...I can see how it is supposed to push Peter under the influence of the symbiote to giving in to revenge and all. (Sandman, then, would be the equivalent of Rhino in the TAS version of the Venom story, but they tagged on a reason for Spidey to wail on Sandy)

But I do hope it proves to be a swerve of some sort, and I can see it being so, actually. Otherwise, it reeks of "Joker killed Thomas and Martha Wayne," yet is nowhere as unintrusive as that really was for Batman '89. That really wasn't THAT big of a retcon. On the other hand, with Spidey, yes, first we saw the thug in the first movie, albeit not doing the killing. Second, yeah...if Peter didn't stop the WRONG guy, is he really guilty of causing Uncle Ben's death? And thus Spider-Man should NOT exist???

If Sandy = killer is anything but a swerve/something that proves to be a lie, the only way to fix this is to make him and the unnamed thug accomplices somehow. Raimi doesn't seem to be the kind of guy to Schumacher us, so I am clinging to the hope that this will have some logic to it as it plays out in the movie.

My theory, based on nothing (i'm avoiding spoilers) is that Harry somehow sets up the ruse to fuck with Peter's head bigtime. That would be hardcore evil.

I'm also thinking of that first Sandman teaser poster, which showed him protecting a kid or something. Seems like an awfully sympathetic shot for someone who is supposedly ben parker's killer.

Yeah, one would think that such a storyline point being given away in the trailer (instead of a lame twist the audience groans at when it's revealed during the movie, like when Raiden said he was Shao Kahn's brother in the second Mortal Kombat movie - sorry, just felt like bringing up that awful film which I've watched multiple times, as recently as Monday... what was I saying here?) indicates it's actually part of a bigger storyline twist (like Met said, possibly involving Harry) or at the very least, faux motivation for him to fuse with the symbiote.

The other weird thing I noticed in the trailers was the symbiote suit being in a drawer. That just seemed weird, but probably was not fully bonded yet. I just recall in TAS (my only real source of reference outside of the internet and talking with friends for Spider-Man mythos) that it acted as his everyday clothes.

I'd have to say that Sandman being the killer will be a plot by someone. The Sandman seems VERY sympathetic in the trailer(running from someone and saying "what does it matter" when confronted about Parker and Spiderman holding his head Neo style in front of the subway)...I have a feeling that Sandman, like in the comics, will help Spiderman in the end against the Goblin and maybe Venom or at least against the suit...overall I just can't wait for this movie...best by far in the Marvel(and DC) line.

The Sandman looked like someone found some left over graphics from "The Mummy Returns" and spun it into a storyline. I was really not liking him. Everything else looked ok I guess, the Ben thing has got to be a twist like something to force Spiderman to hunt Sandman or something.

And what is it with all these villians being like sympathetic? Why can't we have a villian who doesn't have a reason, he's just a villian. Not "oh an accident killed my wife" or "oh they are taking away my life" or anything like that. Venom seems like he might be the thing but the Venom storyline feels like it's just going to lead to Carnage in the fourth one.

I'm still going and I hope it doesn't have EMOSOUNDTRACK2007 like part 2 had.

Well Sandman, comics wise, did go from bad to good to bad and etc. I doubt that is what they are trying to capture there, but he is one of the few villians to have extended bouts of hero time.

It would also seem odd that Sandman would have killed Ben, given that in the comics he had/has the same kind of relationship with his own mother that Peter had for Ben. Also in the comics, which is ironic given the other villians in this film,

Venom kills Sandman

Guest traveshamockery

I apologize if this has already been posted, but a different version of the trailer was leaked today. I'm not sure if it is the Comic-Con trailer or not. It is full of unfinished special effects but does feature something very interesting at the end. I will just say that it may be considered a very big spoiler to some people. Anyone who has tried to avoid spoilers has been warned.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=78ZX0YP1

EDIT: It looks like it has been posted on YouTube as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvuddPuAp9Q

Didn't Raimi say he'd never do Venom?

I think it was all bullshit just to swerve internet fans. I mean c'mon, Spider-Man without Venom?

I just watched that comi-con trailer, and the end of it is freakin sweet!

I marked out like a mother fucker!

May cant come any sooner.