TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

OAO ECW Week 4 on Sci-Fi, July 4th

For the record, the crowd WASN'T silent at the Big Show win.

There were LOUD "You Sold Out!" and "Fuck you Vince!" chants there.

Sounds like there was a lot of censoring by Sci Fi.

Oh, and I may have been on TV. On the W side of the ring, wearing an American Flag bandana and an ECF'NW shirt.

ANYWAY...Dark matches:

1: Roadkill d. Tony Mamaluke by a top rope splash (5:55)

2: C.M. Punk d. C.W. Anderson by submission with I guess what's his regular submission. (5:58)

3: Sabu d. Stevie Richards in Extreme Rules via Arabian Skullcrusher through a table. (6:32)

4: Tommy Dreamer d. Justin Credible by pin-fall via Dreamer DDT (didn't time this one properly)

Also, when Hat Guy came out to ringside, he got a standing O.

A chant that wasn't mentioned about here, towards Show:

"YOU'RE NOT ANDRE!"

I found it funny that they aired an ad for the "Rise And Fall of ECW" during the show. I wonder after this shit is all over with, will they re-issue it as the "Rise And Fall And Rise And THE ULTIMATE, LAST, NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN, FINAL Fall of ECW".

Whatever the case with having to get the belt off Van Dam ASAP, this was the complete wrong move tonight on top to do. TBS got really awful go away heat in Philly a few weeks ago at the ECW house show and for Vince/Dunn to decide to now rush this move of Heyman/Show rejoining as the focal point of the companies current direction is out of nothing but pure spite to the old fans of the product and more in particularly, to the same people at that house show that i would have assumed the company thought would be here tonight. They made it crystal clear tonight this is the WWE "new" ECW, not the "old" ECW, from top to bottom you could tell they were trying to drive that point home to the crowd and "fanbase" in general more than any other week. It was the strongest potential killing/burial of a brand as a whole we'll probably ever see, really making the WCW deal in Tacoma seem like an afterthought due to the whole Philly dymanic of the crowd tonight in how most of them, by the end of the night, were clearly shitting on the product as a whole for the most part. Examples of insanity that was tonight.....

-Night starts with a small chance of the hour being at least an attempt to capture Hammerstein-like interest in the show, since they should have seen that the ECW Philly crowds demanded something less insulting than the house show, with Styles trying to mention Philly is the home of ECW.....but gets cut off by production. I'm sure there was a point there to be made in the writing of the show tonight. Its like WWE's way of saying "out with the old, in with the new"

-Kelly Kelly? Followed by a Mike Knox squash, oh boy. Guido gets to do the job this week, himself, Mamaluke, Doring and Roadkill, (all of the last four guys in the company that held the tag titles) have all done consecutive squashes in the past 3 weeks on the shows......suppose there is an underlined point the company is trying to make there as well? I'd be surprised if any of those four still have jobs by months end.

-Test returns to take on Al Snow in a squash. We even get the old Test WWE theme to make sure we dont forget we're supposed to be watching......ECW? Any semblance of interest in a rehashed Head gimmick for Al Snow dropped QUICK....again, fuck the old, in with the "new"

-WWE having Justin Roberts again calling the matches in Philly after the negative response that recieved the first time.

-Tony Devito doing some one time gimmick and the Tazz/Styles not even mentioning the guy used to be an ECW regular - ie "insulting the intelligence of the former ECW fan" or should I say, be able to?

-Speaking of the announcing, it seemed blatantly obvious lines were being fed all night to them, putting over Big Show as this great thing when the crowd is audibly shitting on him during rest holds?

-The main event in general, crowd reactions were telling of things. Heyman himself even had the company paycheck face with the heel turn, as call me crazy, but you could almost SEE Heyman did NOT want to do it and he looked sheepish in front of that Phily crowd, as he knew they would hate it and not in a "wow that was killer heat" way. But even Heyman himself has to go along with it or suffer breach of contract, it's all a very surreal situation where Heyman has to play a character now taking a direction that will only hurt the product as a whole. All seemed so forced, hotshotted, and downright WRONG. It's a huge strike against this attempt for a "new" ECW and either WWE can accept they fucked up (which they won't), allow Heyman the full book before its too late, or else the company will start a pretty quick plummet downward, probably killed by end of the summer, would be my prediction.

On a side note.......between the Jarrett shit in TNA and this, instead of those two companies trying to compete, its a game of who will drop lower by the end of the summer versus higher. These two companies are going to be fighting for even a 1.0 if this keeps up. Within the last two weeks, both companies made really mind blowing bad moves in their choices of heel world champion runs, be them tranistional or not is irrelevant. In both cases with this and with TNA, the crowd clearly is shitting all over the guys the companies want on top. TNA's only hope is if they can use Sabu and Van Dam soon and really can take advantage of this mess the ECW brand is in right now.

Well, I opted to see fireworks instead of what sounds like another lame ECW show. I must say I'm curious as to how bad this show gets before it is inevitably canned at the end of it's time on SciFi. I regret not watching more WCW in 2000, so I will be sure to tune into the train wreck that is the new ECW. Not like my viewership matters without a neilsen box anyway.

Also, I don't know why the fans threw garbage into the ring at the end. Well, scratch that. I know why, but they just didn't think it through. WWE is obviously going interpret this (either through stupidity or self-delusion) as a massively successful heel turn.

Since I plan on being quite sadistic and reveling in this failure, I hope to see a Show/Test title program.

1. I regret not watching more WCW in 2000, so I will be sure to tune into the train wreck that is the new ECW. Not like my viewership matters without a neilsen box anyway.

2. Also, I don't know why the fans threw garbage into the ring at the end. Well, scratch that. I know why, but they just didn't think it through. WWE is obviously going interpret this (either through stupidity or self-delusion) as a massively successful heel turn.

1. I do too. For one, there was some good matches in between the horrible Crash TV, and, there were some amazing Scott Steiner promos.

2. Yeah, everybody in Stamford is gonna think this is BATB 96 all over again.

I was there tonight.

It was not only the worst live wrestling show I have ever seen, but also the most insulting to any fan. Certain long-time ECW workers in dark-matches cutting WWE-written "from the heart" promos should be ashamed of themselves.

I will never view the WWE presents ECW again.

By the way, CM Punk's theme music is Orton's ill-fated Killswitch Engage theme from Wreckless Intent.

If Big Show becomes the new ECW champ tonight then this will be my last time watching this show or any WWE crap ever.

I haven't got through the thread yet, but I guess this is your final time watching a WWE product.

CM Punk doesn't sound like he use to, Test is getting another pointless push, Show ditto, and Sabu talks, yup this is the last time I'm watching this crap.
So, see ya back here next tuesday?

I was not a regular viewer of the old ECW. Thought it was cool, but just never got into the habit of watching it every week.

Having said that, at this point, I just feel bad for the die-hards. You deserve better than this.

So, I take it RVD got BUTT-fucked out of the ECW Title, too?

Basically, yeah. And then suspended for 30 days.

Hey, I'm the poor bastard who had to endure a Test vs. Samoa Joe match because Super Dragon missed his flight. When I met him last year he was more orange than Hogan. Hopefully that's not the case anymore.

Test vs. Joe? Did Test even KNOW how to sell for Joe? That's a broomstick match for Joe if I've ever heard of one.

Did...

Oh, I'm not getting started.

How was the match? The combination of wrestlers is so odd, I have a strange desire to hear more.

Man, this month is truly going to suck, The only worthwhile thing on the hrizon is the impending King Booker title run, short as it will be. Hopefully, RVD can bounce back from this.

ECW is fucking dead now. They are jobbing out everyone from the old ECW, made it WWE with an apron change(why the fuck do I need an extreme rules match? its fucking ECW!). This product sucks shit and I'm kinda mad now that I'm not even gonna get to see RVD at Saturday Night Main Event when I go.

For the record, the crowd WASN'T silent at the Big Show win.

There were LOUD "You Sold Out!" and "Fuck you Vince!" chants there.

Sounds like there was a lot of censoring by Sci Fi.

Oh, and I may have been on TV. On the W side of the ring, wearing an American Flag bandana and an ECF'NW shirt.

ANYWAY...Dark matches:

1: Roadkill d. Tony Mamaluke by a top rope splash (5:55)

2: C.M. Punk d. C.W. Anderson by submission with I guess what's his regular submission. (5:58)

3: Sabu d. Stevie Richards in Extreme Rules via Arabian Skullcrusher through a table. (6:32)

4: Tommy Dreamer d. Justin Credible by pin-fall via Dreamer DDT (didn't time this one properly)

Also, when Hat Guy came out to ringside, he got a standing O.

A chant that wasn't mentioned about here, towards Show:

"YOU'RE NOT ANDRE!"

They should have aIred the dark matches! Sounds a hell of alot better than what they showed on T.V.

I watched it, and I have to say this: Fuck you Vince. You have officially ruined ECW. Oh, don't give me that "Well, just give it time" bullshit. Enough of giving it time, just forget about it. This is not ECW, this is just Vince pissing off the fans even more. This is the kind of shit that makes you want to quit watching wrestling altogether.

Besides, what's the point of bringing back ECW? It's best days (95-97) are never going to come back, and at this point the new ECW is just going to suck more.

Basically, this is Invasion angle levels bad. This is just more proof that Vince really has now clue how to do this, kind of feels like him just stroking his ego more. This guy really does hate the fans, doesn't he?

Again, fuck you Vince.

I only get to see highlights from the ECW show because I live in Australia but this shit sounds worse than the Invasion turned out.

Tommy Dreamer after his dark match with Justin Credible that got chants of "This match sucks":

"You know, ECW fans, a lot of people in this business claim that the Hammerstein Ballroom fans are the craziest fans in this business. I need you to show us that Philly has the craziest M-F'ers in wrestling tonight when we go live on the Sci Fi Channel."

3 things:

Fuck Tommy Dreamer for basically saying fuck Philly and prove me wrong.

"M-Fers?!?!?" MF-ers? That's not Tommy Dreamer.

Tommy Dreamer: Sci Fi Channel whore.

_______

THERE WERE COTTON CANDY VENDERS IN THE CROWD.

There was a 3-minute WWE DIVAS Music Video played during a commercial.

THEY SHOT FUCKING T-SHIRTS OUT OF THE CANNON for 3-minutes straight...TWICE!

_________

They had the balls to tell the "ECW" crowd:

"We're live in 2 minutes! Everybody hold up your signs and posters!"

I actually fell asleep after Test's match. In a seat. I saw the Phillies play earlier in a terrible game and stayed awake for THAT. Not during his match, after all it was only like 40 seconds. But afterwards I dosed off, during a predictable backstage promo, I believe, between RVD and Heyman, or RVD/Show. Something was on the screen, anyways.

Tonight was a really bad 1-hour Raw with horrible nostalgia. I'd take Benoit swinging a singapore cane at Tajiri in an "ECW Rules" match from last year over tonight.

_________

Oh, and there were several small children, boys and girls, no older than 5-7, who came in fucking Kurt Angle shirts and RVD shirts with "ECW SCI-FI!" and "RVD RULZ!" and "ECW! ECW!" signs.

I was there tonight.

It was not only the worst live wrestling show I have ever seen, but also the most insulting to any fan. Certain long-time ECW workers in dark-matches cutting WWE-written "from the heart" promos should be ashamed of themselves.

By the way, CM Punk's theme music is Orton's ill-fated Killswitch Engage theme from Wreckless Intent.

How long did the live show actually last? What happened that wasn't on TV?

Tommy Dreamer after his dark match with Justin Credible that got chants of "This match sucks":

"You know, ECW fans, a lot of people in this business claim that the Hammerstein Ballroom fans are the craziest fans in this business. I need you to show us that Philly has the craziest M-F'ers in wrestling tonight when we go live on the Sci Fi Channel."

3 things:

Fuck Tommy Dreamer for basically saying fuck Philly and prove me wrong.

"M-Fers?!?!?" MF-ers? That's not Tommy Dreamer.

Tommy Dreamer: Sci Fi Channel whore.

I don't blame Tommy. He's getting old,he has a family and is desperate to keep that office job or get an office job of any kind within the WWE. I hope he does, be a shame for him to push this so hard knowing he has no control and then get fired.

The fans are not the problem. They're plenty willing to get involved in the show if the product presented to them isn't garbage.

Exactly. The fans now that this is not really ECW, so of course they are going to boo it. They aren't going to cheer something that's a poor imitation of what thwy once loved so much.

It almost feels like Vince brought it back simply to ruin whatever legacy it had.

- Sabu squashed Stevie, won with an Arabian Facebuster through a table. Crowd chanted "We Want Tablez!" like lemmings.

- Roadkill and Mamaluke had a snoozer. Roadkill's music was awful. He won with a splash.

- CM Punk defeated CW in the battle of the guys with "C-something" initials with a submission. Crowd popped for both men's knife-edge chops and nothing else. CM used "This Fire Burns" (Wreckless Intent) and CW had terrible music.

Stevie Richards "ECW-Tron" was ALL WWE clips.

Test's "ECW-Tron was ALL WWE clips, naturally.

Justin Credible (with 2001 Alliance jobber theme) lost to Dreamer (with AiC knockoff). "This match sucks!', "Boring!", and "Tommy, Tommy!" chants. Also "Justin Asshole!" chants briefly.

Brief Dreamer promo. Please pop for our intro.

Justin Roberts and the "bazooka-t-shirt-gun" guy were ridiculed mercelessly.

Tazz and Joey (huge "JOEY!") chant out to Tazz's last ECW theme.

Videos: WWF/WWE/WCW/ECW big moments, WWE Divas, GAB promo, Sabu (TALKING?!?!?!?!) promo, ECW book

There were about 2,500-3,000 people at the show.

I watched it, and I have to say this: Fuck you Vince. You have officially ruined ECW. Oh, don't give me that "Well, just give it time" bullshit. Enough of giving it time, just forget about it. This is not ECW, this is just Vince pissing off the fans even more. This is the kind of shit that makes you want to quit watching wrestling altogether.

Besides, what's the point of bringing back ECW? It's best days (95-97) are never going to come back, and at this point the new ECW is just going to suck more.

Basically, this is Invasion angle levels bad. This is just more proof that Vince really has now clue how to do this, kind of feels like him just stroking his ego more. This guy really does hate the fans, doesn't he?

Again, fuck you Vince.

I watched this show not out of choice, but because I had to. There was one TV in the house I was at, and the computer I posted from. So, like a fucking moron, I decided that I would watch this with the rest of the people there. Boy, that re-confirmed my decision that I can never watch wrestling again. If I watch it, it will be in tape form. That's it.

Sad.

This is absolutely pathetic. I was going to keep an open mind for the 12-week trial run, but this show has gotten so pathetic so fast, I think I'm done.

This is not an acceptable version of ECW. It's fucking WWE with new letters pasted over it. Not only is it a pathetic version of ECW, it's fucking boring as shit.

I watched the show with a group of friends and we were all about to fall asleep during it.

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to stop watching wrestling forever. It's one thing for Vince to take his company and bore me with it. That's fine. It's his company and he can do whatever he wants with it.

But to dig ECW's corpse out of the grave and totally piss on my memories of my favorite wrestling promotion goes beyond boring me. It's now become insulting and makes me hate wrestling.

I'll now be treating ECW on SciFi for the last 8 weeks via recaps the way I treat Raw, Smackdown, and PPV; I'll read about it and if there's anything I want to see, I'll download it.

All I can say is they better be glad they didn't run this show in the ECW Arena.

What's so sad about all this is that this new ECW is being marketed to 10-year-old John Cena fans who become marks for Sabu and call themselves ECW fans.

I want to throw up.

I was there tonight.

How long did the live show actually last? What happened that wasn't on TV?

Check the very top of this page

Anybody else impressed with RVD'S 3 verbal spots? I thought he was great. Hope that it has been the WWE keeping the mic out of his hands, and not Rob being desperate tonight just trying to keep his job.