TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sandman9000

Sports Announcers You Don't Want To Stab

I think it'd just be easier to list guys I do want to stab, since there's less, but I'll stick to the rules.

Anyone on TNT basketball

Mike Breen

Bill Walton

Tom Tolbert

Mike Tirico

Sterling Sharpe

Adrian Healy

Tommy Smyth

Actually, I don't have problems with any of the World Cup guys

Al Michaels

90% of CBS and FOX football

Ones I most want to stab:

Screamin' A

ESPN Sunday Night Football

John Madden

Tim McCarver

The White Sox guys on WGN

Guest Princess Leena

I'd list tennis announcers, but you don't blah blah...

Someone said Dick Enberg. While he used to be great, with every month that passes, his dementia grows more and more. Those awkward moments when he says something that makes absolutely no sense are painful. Please make him retire.

I like the Astros play-by-play guys, both on TV (Jim DeShaies and Bill Brown) and on the radio ("Crazy" Milo Hamilton and two new guys whose names escape for the moment).

Those guys would be Brett Dolan and Dave Raymond. They've been ok thus far. You can tell they're still trying to figure out how to gel together. I miss Ashby though.

Milo, on the other hand, is old and senile and needs to quit. He "miscalls" at least one or two plays a game and his ridiculous homerism is as irritating as ever.

I doubt anyone on here has heard of them, but John Forslund and Tripp Tracy are very good. They are the Hurricanes' announcers and I believe they are one of the best announcer duos in the NHL.

I heard them a couple of times on internet broadcasts. I would agree with this.

Sadly, one of my favorite announcers -- Mike Lange of the Penguins -- just got fired. He wasn't a homer at all, seemed to call the games pretty well, and was just quirky enough to make you love him.

I really despise the old ESPN Sunday Night crew, but thankfully, I think they're gone. I love to hear Al Michaels, even if he's ranting with Madden about some random crap. I really don't like many announcers, to tell you the truth; most of the CBS guys kinda suck for NFL, and though baseball announcers tend to be somewhat better, meh.

Said Steve Tello, the vice president and general manager of FSN Pittsburgh: "Mike has done a tremendous job over the years. We had a contractual option. We have looked at Steigerwald for some time and believe he brings a different and fresh set of eyes to a new team."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06181/702334-61.stm

Goes on to say that Lange was offered Steigy's old job as the radio pbp man, and I hope he takes it. Lange is great.

I doubt anyone on here has heard of them, but John Forslund and Tripp Tracy are very good. They are the Hurricanes' announcers and I believe they are one of the best announcer duos in the NHL.

I think they're alright. Forslund can carry the game on his own.

I like the Astros play-by-play guys, both on TV (Jim DeShaies and Bill Brown) and on the radio ("Crazy" Milo Hamilton and two new guys whose names escape for the moment).

Those guys would be Brett Dolan and Dave Raymond. They've been ok thus far. You can tell they're still trying to figure out how to gel together. I miss Ashby though.

Milo, on the other hand, is old and senile and needs to quit. He "miscalls" at least one or two plays a game and his ridiculous homerism is as irritating as ever.

I like Milo. He's charming. He's been the Astros announcer as long as I've been following Astros baseball. There's something familiar about him, but it is true that his mind is gone. I'd be lost trying to figure out what's happening in a game just listening to him call it, but watching it on T.V. and listening to his call is great.

I did miss Ash, too, but I'm warming to the new guys. Ash and Larry Dierker have their own radio show where they talk Astros baseball. I can only imagine the terrible, bitter things they have to say.

It could be. His wife passed away last year, and he's gettin' up there in age. He stopped doing road games this year and he's finished writing his memoirs, so all signs point to either this being his last year or retiring sometime in the next few years. He'll probably stick around for at least another year to kinda help get the new guys in order before he steps away completely.