TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Transformers The Movie

Fucking awesome. They should let him.

And get Vince DiCola to the soundtrack.

do any of you guys actually have the original movie soundtrack? I certainly do and you bet it's in the mintiest of conditions!

Good God! Amazon wants 40 bucks for it!

do any of you guys actually have the original movie soundtrack? I certainly do and you bet it's in the mintiest of conditions!

I do indeed have a copy and it gets regular plays too. Particularly "Instruments of Destruction".

I do indeed have a copy and it gets regular plays too. Particularly "Instruments of Destruction".

yes!

I liked "Hunger" and "Nothing's GOnna Stand In Our Way" as well.

well, I like the whole album, but yeah...

TFMAuto.jpg

TFMDecep.jpg

A friend of mine got these off of 4Chan for me.

If these are real...they're simple, yet effective.

Though a friend of mine wishes they'd change Megatron's look.

The movie has definitely come along way, but what drives me up the wall is that the hype machine has already started. In a two hour span, I saw four commercials for this movie and its three months away. :huh:

yes!

I liked "Hunger" and "Nothing's GOnna Stand In Our Way" as well.

well, I like the whole album, but yeah...

Damn, I think I'm going to have listen to it now.

I don't know why, but that poster of Megatron is giving off a Shredder vibe.

It kinda looks like the G1 helmet from the profile shot but from the front, I get a Beast Machines Megatron vibe from him.

Spoiler

Don't worry, If it bothers you at all, He won't be around for the sequel.

Per G4TV, Hugo Weaving will be voicing Megatron in the movie. Just thought I'd throw that out there. If it's old news, sorry.

I can live with that

I thought Welker was doing it?

Welker's actually going to voice Megatron in the game, so I guess they are going the "star power" route. I don't mind Weaving (I'm pretty sure he can do menacing), but if you've got Welker hanging around and willing, you've gotta use him. Missed opportunities.

All the talk about the soundtrack made me dig around and find it for my Ipod. I forgot how much I loved "Dare" when I was a kid. Lion did a pretty good version of the theme too, even if it was a hair-band rendition.

Lion had a KICK ASS track on the soundtrack to "The Wraith" (any of you youngsters remember THAT movie?) called "Never Surrender"...awesome awesome tune.

The Wraith... Hmmm... Undead drag racing Charlie Sheen, right? Never saw it (was only like 10 or so when it came out I think). Might have to fire up LimeWire and dig around a little bit. I think it's safe to say that I never thought I'd be trying to find tracks by Lion on the internet.

The Wraith... Hmmm... Undead drag racing Charlie Sheen, right? Never saw it (was only like 10 or so when it came out I think). Might have to fire up LimeWire and dig around a little bit. I think it's safe to say that I never thought I'd be trying to find tracks by Lion on the internet.

if you can't find it, I have it on a cd...I'll rip it and upload it for you. It's a must have track.

Quick note:

Last time I wanted to watch a Michael Bay movie it had Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johannsen, greatly enhanced by a Phillip k. Dick plot. It 2/3rds sucked ass. I don't expect Transformers to be any better.

The one thing good that could come of this is giant bumper stickers that you have to rub.

'Oh shit, this car's a decepticon. I better not fuck with it after rubbing it for 5 minutes.'

Exactly my point. It wasn't that bad. I wasn't, like, furious I watched it.

but with those two leads, and Michael Clarke Duncan, and the premise,

That's the most awesome first third of a movie, and averything else. Jus, ... well... Shit.

I mean has ther ever been a GOOD Michael Bay movie?

Look at Con Air. Honestly the best cast I've ever seen.Seriously look at that cast. And... Just pure, unadlturaterd shit.

Bad Boys was probably his best work...and even that's not saying much.

Bad Boys 2 was HORRIBLE...we waited 10 years for THAT? Total Michael Bay jizz job there.

Armageddon is a fun popcorn flick, but the dialogue is so cliche riddled, it makes you vomit.

Pearl Harbor...vizually stunning, but the wrong guy goes over in the end, therefore it makes the whole movie suck...well suck more than it already does.

Eh, I had a feeling Affleck was going to get over when I went to go see PH. The movie was at his high point and Bay had already had him going over Bruce freakin' Willis in Armageddon. Josh Hartnett didn't stand a chance.

People forget The Rock. It's got Sean Connery kicking ass, people. How can you not love that?

True. Probably my favorite Bay film. Kickass Connery, sarcastic nerd Cage, young(er) hot Vanessa Marcil, Ed Harris owning every scene, and of course Michael Biehn doing what he does best in film: dying in a suitably heroic fashion.

I mean has ther ever been a GOOD Michael Bay movie?

Look at Con Air. Honestly the best cast I've ever seen.Seriously look at that cast. And... Just pure, unadlturaterd shit.

Michael Bay didn't actually direct Con Air; that was Simon West, the guy who did Tomb Raider. I often forget that myself, though; it's basically a Bay-clone. Fucking love that retarded, retarded movie.

Sean Connery kicking ass is an irritating movie staple. Esp. as he can only do it with one accent.

his Russian accent in Hunt for Red October left a lot to be desired.

Sean Connery kicking ass is an irritating movie staple. Esp. as he can only do it with one accent.

Don't forget his "Irish" accent in The Untouchables.

Don't forget his "Irish" accent in The Untouchables.

That's the one! What an absolute twat.