TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Transformers The Movie

Transformers is supposedly (although its been denied by everyone affiliated with the movie so probably not) going to be released on PPV July 3rd in conjunction with theatres. The catch is that

its $50 on PPV.

Michael Bay - "Total bullshit. Probally a scam putting old movie on."

As nice as it would be to make

$50 a pop

per buy, would you really want to run the risk of essentially giving people a perfect quality version of the film to bootleg? Seems like a double-edged sword if you ask me.

I hate how America's cartoons are making more of an effort to look like anime. It pisses me off.

I hate how America's cartoons are making more of an effort to look like anime. It pisses me off.

You do realize that Transformers, with the exception of the two Mainframe series, WAS anime, right?

You do realize that Transformers, with the exception of the two Mainframe series, WAS anime, right?

Well i never considered the orginal series to be "anime".

In all honesty it could just be I don't know the line between whats "anime" and whats "manga". Probably due to my ex refering to things I would have considered "manga" as "anime" (i.e. Naruto - which by the way, is garbage.)

Well i never considered the orginal series to be "anime".

In all honesty it could just be I don't know the line between whats "anime" and whats "manga". Probably due to my ex refering to things I would have considered "manga" as "anime" (i.e. Naruto - which by the way, is garbage.)

"Anime" is the TV broadcast of a cartoon series. "Manga" is the print version of that same series (looks like an oversized comic or paperback book a lot of times). Two different formats.

The Transformers theme for the movie fucking sucks! Its by some band I never heard of and their version of the song sounds like complete shit.

Apparently there's a new 2-D Transformers cartoon coming out.

Here's a pic:

tromcart1.jpg

Suddenly, the Transformers in the movie don't look bad.

Reminds me of Loonatics.

And Ironhide's a beast.

Loonatics? Not at all.

The show, featuring character designs by Derrick Wyatt of “Teen Titans,” will blend classic “Transformers” characters with brand-new ’bots. Twenty-six half-hour episodes, plus the special, will make up its first season.

Bingo. I expected as much.

Does Optimus Prime require a ridiculous looking, top-heavy/tiny-waist torso? It makes the concept seems even more implausible.

FINALLY! A show where Optimus Prime will get to have big huge googly eyes and a wide open expression after being stunned!

The Transformers theme for the movie fucking sucks! Its by some band I never heard of and their version of the song sounds like complete shit.

Dude, you can never top "The Touch"

Dude, you can never top "The Touch"

After "The Touch" anything else is bound to fall on its face

I'm checking it out tonight at midnight. I'll tell you how it is tomorrow.

Just got back from the Early Showings at 8pm. And all I can say is... WOW.

Superb effects + 80's Love + A plot inspired from the Cartoon = A mess in my pants.

Just give the movie a chance and forget everything that you know when you were a kid, and prepare to fall in love again. :wub:

Just saw it...go see this flick..it's badass and funny...can't wait for the next one...and I really want to know just what the hell was the preview that came on just before the Transformers started...it was a "Bad Robot" movie (as in Lost )...it looked crazy!

The trailer just before TFs is for JJ Abram's new movie currently title "Cloverfield" and damn if I don't want to know more about this movie....

Sorry, I hated this. I could really give a shit about the human actors, and this film focused way too much on them. I fucking hated that first fight with Bumblebee at the Junkyard where they show the beginning of the fight, cut to Shia LaBeouf doing his stupid shit, and then they don't show the robots again until the fight is over.

I am seeing this flick after work tomorrow. My best friend saw it tonight and said it was great. From the reviews I have read thus far, it is seemingly everything a big budget summer blockbuster popcorn flick should be.