TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DangerousDamon

Wrestlers who were really good in their first few years of wrestling

I don't know much about any of the old school wrestlers, so I can't name them. However, I remember Mike Tenay creaming his pants over how great Chris Sabin was, and he was only wrestling for 2 years.

Shingo Takagi and BxB Hulk from DRAGON GATE. They are without question the two greatest rookie workers I've ever seen in my life.

Shingo has been a pro since 2004, and was immediately thrown into the spotlight as CIMA's protege in Crazy MAX. He's more then lived up to it, and in fact has surpassed all expectations on him. Hulk's been a pro even less, debuting just a little over a year ago, but has already exceled. As Magnum TOKYO's protege, he's grown by leaps and bounds beyond where he should be. Hulk, along with Shingo have had many great matches, but their best are between each other which seemingly cannot be any less then ***+.

I seriously doubt there is anyone who can compete with these two in how far they've advanced, and achieved in just two years for one, and ONE year for the other.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Thesz, Kerry Von Erich, Brock, Randy Orton and tommy Rich were all world champs at 24 or lower

Jun Akiyama's first year pretty much murders anyone else's i can think of, he has matches barely months after debuting that top what most wrestlers will ever do.

Rick Steamboat wasn't too shabby his first few years. Had won the US title and the NWA World tag team titles twice by the time he turned 25 and had only been a pro about three years.

Guest CWMwasmurdered

Katsuhiko Nakajima

I've been hearing Nakajima's name a lot recently. Where does he wrestle?

He's worked NOAH, All Japan, and New Japan and probably others I haven't followed. He does alot of tag work with his adopted father/legal guardian (however the story goes.) Kensuke Sasaki.

Guest The Beta Male

Birchill.

once his knee is seen to he`s off to ECW, hopefully he`ll have a bit more freedom to include less piratey moves in his arsenal.

.. he`d better keep the C4 though :D

Katsuhiko Nakajima - This guy is amazing. Not only is he great alreaady but he's so you (has he turned 18 now?). His work is so mature and this guy will and needs to become a draw in Japan. The guy is amazing.

Go Shiosaki would be another young worker who's already incredibly good. I guess that's what hanging around and teaming with Kenta Kobashi will do for you.

Shinsuke Nakamura was pretty good considering his experience level. He had a really good 60 minute draw after only wrestling for 2 years and change. A match where he was the better peformer that night. He also headlined the Tokyo Dome after 1 year and a few months of experience in a decent spectacle against Takayama.

Go Shiosaki would be another young worker who's already incredibly good. I guess that's what hanging around and teaming with Kenta Kobashi will do for you.

Shinsuke Nakamura was pretty good considering his experience level. He had a really good 60 minute draw after only wrestling for 2 years and change. A match where he was the better peformer that night. He also headlined the Tokyo Dome after 1 year and a few months of experience in a decent spectacle against Takayama.

I agree that Go Shiosaki is one to watch in the future as well.