TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - July/3rd/2006.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
A powder keg waiting to explode.

Monday night Raw is sure to see plenty of fireworks when it rolls into Philadelphia just one day before America's Independence Day.

But according to WWE chairman Mr. McMahon's latest announcement, D-Generation X won't be providing any of the aforementioned fireworks. After being embarrassed and literally put down in the dumps by DX last week, "The Chairman" has banned Shawn Michaels and Triple H from the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia. But DX's motto has always been to defy authority. What will that mean for Monday night Raw?

Last week, John Cena looked to have the WWE championship won before Edge ran in and broke up his STFU on Rob Van Dam. The "Rated-R Superstar" then laid out both Cena and Van Dam. Edge also popped up at ECW on Sci-Fi and speared RVD after his match against Kurt Angle. All three will square off July 15th at Saturday Night's Main Event in a Triple Threat Match for the WWE championship, but they will get a small taste of what that will be like in a "Pick Your Partner" Triple Threat Tag Team Match. Each superstar will get to choose their own partner. Who else will participate in the match? We'll find out when Raw hits the air live at 9pm/8pm CT on the USA Network.

The Intercontinental championship will be on the line tonight as well. Johnny Nitro, who won the gold in a Triple Threat Match at Vengeance, will put his gold on the line against Carlito. Some might say that Nitro stole the gold from Carlito at Vengeance, when he pinned Shelton Benjamin after Carlito hit the back cracker. Plus, last week Nitro and the lovely Melina got in former Women's champion Trish Stratus' face, but Carlito saved the day and came to her rescue. With the bad blood building over the last couple of weeks, and with the gold on the line, this is sure to be a brutal contest.

And the divas will be in action this week as well. Last week Torrie Wilson showed off her new WWE Magazine Summer Special cover for everyone to see. Edge and Lita crashed the party, though, stating that it should be Edge that is on the cover of all the magazines. This week Lita will go one on one against Torrie Wilson. Will Torrie be able to get revenge for last week, or will the former Women's champion Lita back up her man's words?

Plus, The Highlanders will be making their Raw debut this week. With Rory & Robbie McAllister being newcomers to America, there's no better place to make their debut than in the cradle of Liberty itself, Philadelphia. It's sure to be a debut you won't want to miss.

Tune into the USA Network Monday night at 9pm/8pm CT to see the fireworks explode.

I bet RVD picks Angle, Edge picks Orton, and Cena picks nobody...or maybe he'll pick Hogan.

It's kinda sad that the only two possibilities I can see are Kane or Carlito, because the face side of Raw is abysmal in the uppercard and I can't see Cena running around with HBK or HHH, because mixing those two storylines is bad news.

If it's Kane, he best be wearing the mask. If it's Carlito, well, he better prove himself worthy (as a face) of being in a Main event.

I'd say Kane will team with Cena. Regardless of how much they want us to forget Carlito's past heel actions, he DID have Cena stabbed in a nightclub. If you were Cena would you team with that guy?

Unless RVD is a moron he'll pick Sabu. That said, if RVD and Sabu do team against two makeshift teams they better fucking win that match.

Damn, no more Highlanders vignettes.

Robbie: Aye Rory

Rory: I'm Rory

Robbie: This is the great extreme crappy bingo hall

Rory: Whats Bingo?

Robbie: It's a game that VFW wifes play while the men get drunk

Rory: BRILLIANT!

Seeing RVD & Sabu tag again would be cool, since they already have established double-team moves they can use for the match.

I think we are missing the genius that would be...

Rob Van Dam & Sabu

vs.

The Co-Hardcore Champions Edge & Mick Foley

vs.

John Cena & Ric Flair

The only problem with that scenario is it would desperately want me to knock Cena/Flair from the match, because Sabu/RVD vs. Edge/Foley would be a RAW Classic. (Well, If it is an EXTREME RULES match)

They wouldn't hype him on SD as coming back on the 7th only to have him show up 4 days early on the OTHER show.

I wouldn't put anything past them when it comes to taking Smackdown's stars away.

This is a Supershow. Cena picks Batista.

Cena gets the only superstar that has less talent them him, the Great Khali.

DX being banned from the building means they will be seen outside the arena destroying Vince's car. Bet on it!

Monster truck, tank, cement mixer, DX bus???

DX being banned from the building means they will be seen outside the arena destroying Vince's car. Bet on it!

Wow, that would surely keep the "unfunny" skit streak alive.

RVD has to pick Sabu. If he does that, the match will be awesome even if Cena picks Lita and Edge picks Andre the Giant's corpse.

As for who Edge and Cena should pick, I admit it would be fun to see Batista out there, but that would make him the de facto biggest face in the match (it would be his return), and I'm afraid that RVD and Cena might look bad by comparison.

Therefore, I think the Edge/Foley, Cena/Flair thing sounds downright perfect.

I'd say Kane will team with Cena. Regardless of how much they want us to forget Carlito's past heel actions, he DID have Cena stabbed in a nightclub. If you were Cena would you team with that guy?

Unless RVD is a moron he'll pick Sabu. That said, if RVD and Sabu do team against two makeshift teams they better fucking win that match.

actually it was never confirmed that Carlito had him stabbed, remember there were onlky rumor sthat someone had seen Jesus (his bodyguard) there.

anyhow, Cena if he is smart (kayfabe) should pick someone like Kane or even Umaga since hes "unbeatable" but probably will pick Kane or Flair maybe

"My name is Armando Alejandro Estrada haha my Samoan Bulldozer haha is going to be the Rated RRRRRRRRRRR Superstarrrrrrrr tag parter in this very ring haha tonight on Raw haha."

The match up should be RVD/Sabu vs Edge/Umaga vs Cena/Flair then on Sci-fi its gonna be RVD/Sabu vs Edge/Cena with Foley doing the run-in to end the show.

Haha

I was thinking they might do the "DX invades WCW" thing again.

Okay this has me stoked now. RVD/Sabu vs. Cena/Flair vs. Edge/Foley. I thought about Edge/Orton but that team just...sucks.

The funny aspect of this is Raw would be the first RVD/Sabu teaming like 6-7 years, and I bet JR and the King don't put it over or give a shit.

I was thinking they might do the "DX invades WCW" thing again.

Its ashame ECW isn't running until Tuesday...maybe they show up for that anyway..

Okay this has me stoked now. RVD/Sabu vs. Cena/Flair vs. Edge/Foley. I thought about Edge/Orton but that team just...sucks.

The funny aspect of this is Raw would be the first RVD/Sabu teaming like 6-7 years, and I bet JR and the King don't put it over or give a shit.

If it happens...I called it.

I think we are missing the genius that would be...

Rob Van Dam & Sabu

vs.

The Co-Hardcore Champions Edge & Mick Foley

vs.

John Cena & Ric Flair

I like it

When the audience boo all of the teams JR will say "We are getting mixed reaction tonight".

If Flair tags with Cena, that saves his ass from getting booed out of the building.

Is anybody forgetting how over Sabu & RVD will be Monday night? They won't get booed.