TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Longdogger_Pete

Battlebowl Feedback

Credits to LDP too...a promo is at least something, I would think.

Just skimmed it for now because I'm heading to sleep. But it all looks good. I gets to toss PK and get tossed in turn by Bruce Blank. Both situations have great storyline potential... so which route is LDP going? You'll just have to wait and see.

More comments next time I get online, which will be a day and a half from now as I start a new job while continuing to work the old one. (Yay.)

After that horrible ECW show, Battlebowl washed the bad taste out of my mouth. Everybody did a helluva job with their Battlebowl matches. As for the battle royal, what can I say? It rocked. I may have shed a tear or two over Mr. Warrior's early elimination, but everything after was awesome...like everyone ganging up on Gibraltar, Bruce's antics, Brannigan reuniting in a violent physical fashion with Stone and Hoff, the chant directed at Hoff, and of course, Drek Stone winning Battlebowl. Quite a ME for AS. Drek Stone vs. Alfdogg.

Other notables:

Neat logo.

Really liked Pete's idea to do his promo via a press conference. Not only was it something different, it also put over the Battlebowl concept with the impression there were media conferences during the day. If that makes sense.

Match of the Night: Hell Mel & Christian Wright vs. Bruce Blank & Tony Brannigan (Not because I was in it -- completely forgot I entered TB -- but for the story. Excellent stuff)

Line of the Night: "Hoff’s the Inebriation World Champion."

Another good show, I enjoyed the short tag matches, made them much more readable for a lazy fella like me. I hope we see more of Zan's arsenal, though.

After last year, that was a pleasant surprise. The tag matches were better this year and we had some actual stuff beside it, which I can't remember if we had last year. Possibly not. Not too many glaring continuity errors too, which is good, considering everyone wrote independently of each other.

Battle Royal took me a while...mainly because my laptop is dead, but also because I haven't wrote one for so long.

And that's all I've got really. Except ouch on the Sk8ter Boiz for baically getting murdered in seperate matches.

I got a line of the night! Fucking yes!

I've managed to read the majority of the show, apart from a couple of tags. I'll echo the sentiments of others in saying that the tags were great, and from my perspective, it was great to not only write for such different characters, but do something I've wanted to do for a long time, in putting Axel on commentary.

KC, the Battle Royal yet again cemented your status as the best writer here. I have a tendancy to kinda skim matches and look out for the important stuff, but I read the BR start to finish. All the storylines were compelling, the order of elimination was very logical, and the finish was exciting. Fantastic job.

The tag matches had a nice mix of logical short squashes (Hoff and Gilbraltar) and "I don't know who's gonna win" matches (Mel/Wright vs. Tony/Bruce), but it was the battle royal at the end that really took the MOTN honors for me. Last year's was decent, but because everyone was scrambling around writing tag matches it suffered. Not this year. Damn that Longdogger!

And am I the only one that found writing for just Cole and Coach 1000x easier than the three man booth?

Sign in to follow this