TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Impact Thread - July/6th/2006.

The problem with Rhino's promo is that anytime you focus on the competition, or even acknowledge them, it makes you look smaller and less important.

Especially if the competition doesn't mention you.

I havent seen this promo, but in my eyes, If a TNA star TURNS DOWN a WWE offer to stay in TNA, i think its a good thing.

I saw it on Youtube, and aside from the fact that he repeated himself a bit too much, that promo was from the heart.

The E may pay their talent a lot of money but when you;re on the road 300+ days a year, is it really worth it? You weigh financial security (if you're good/over enough) against quality of life and job satisfaction. Rhino thought that it wasn't enough for him, considering everything he had to go through.

Ratings, from Mike Johnson:

In what was their most important episode from a ratings standpoint in a long time, TNA Impact scored a 1.0 rating this past Thursday 7/6. The series scored a 1.0 among Males 18-49 and a 1.12 among Males 18-34. An average audience of 1.1 million viewers tuned into Impact, which was headlined by Jeff Jarrett and Scott Steiner vs. Sting and Christian Cage. There was a slight dropoff from previous weeks. As the first episode with no UFC programming as a lead-in, a lot of eyes internally within SpikeTV were paying attention to see how the series would perform. The ratings for the timeslot put Spike in second place among Males 18-49, behind the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block and second among Males 25-34, behind ESPN.

I saw it on Youtube, and aside from the fact that he repeated himself a bit too much, that promo was from the heart.

The E may pay their talent a lot of money but when you;re on the road 300+ days a year, is it really worth it? You weigh financial security (if you're good/over enough) against quality of life and job satisfaction. Rhino thought that it wasn't enough for him, considering everything he had to go through.

Hell, and it's not even really secure anyway, at the rate that they cut guys loose.

Also - I missed the show this week, but have been catching up on TNA's Youtube site. Fucking hell are Nash, Shelley & Devine the funniest shit on wrestling today. I'm sorry, but the bodybag bit had me cracking up over here!

Also - I missed the show this week, but have been catching up on TNA's Youtube site. Fucking hell are Nash, Shelley & Devine the funniest shit on wrestling today. I'm sorry, but the bodybag bit had me cracking up over here!

I hate it when I like Nash, cause I know the moment you start liking him is the moment his ego gets huge and he starts burying people. If Nash accepts his role as the cocky, tall wrestler/manager who can't win anymore without help then I say keep him around.

Course, he'll never accept that role.

Im fairly certain that without his "clique" backstage that we shouldnt have a problem with Nash's ego.