TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
benn

The OAO 7/7 Smackdown! Thread

I don't get the point of having Batista kick the shit out of Mark Henry tonight. In theory we're supposed to pay to see exactly that at GAB. I am begging and pleading for that match to be no DQ however. The last thing we need is some lame DQ because Batista uses chairs or whatever like last year at GAB. Let him crush Mark Henry and then hopefully go after Booker T. for the title.

This might sound deranged, but I am kinda interested in the Punjabi prison match. It's at least something...different?

I read a while back that UT might reform the Ministry. Could Khali be his first recruit after he "kills" him at GAB and he's reborn? Get Mark Henry for the Viscera fat black dude role, maybe The Pittbulls as the Acolytes type tag team. Then you can have the "Smackdown Superpowers" group of Batista, Rey, Lashley, London/Kendrick oppose them.

You know its been months since I watched SD so I decided to tune in tonight and it was pretty good. Now, I can see why people are posting that its better than RAW even with the lack of starpower. Nice to see Booker T get another chance at a PPV main event, I hope he wins. When did Kennedy come back?

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

There will be a contract signing next week between Mark Henry and Batista for their match at The Great American Bash. I don't think they've ever done that before.

They'll be a contract signing next week between Mark Henry and Batista for their match at The Great American Bash. I don't think they've ever done that before.

It'll end with Batista trying to do some power move to Mark Henry thru the table, and he'll get injured again.

I don't get the point of having Batista kick the shit out of Mark Henry tonight. In theory we're supposed to pay to see exactly that at GAB. I am begging and pleading for that match to be no DQ however. The last thing we need is some lame DQ because Batista uses chairs or whatever like last year at GAB. Let him crush Mark Henry and then hopefully go after Booker T. for the title.

This might sound deranged, but I am kinda interested in the Punjabi prison match. It's at least something...different?

I read a while back that UT might reform the Ministry. Could Khali be his first recruit after he "kills" him at GAB and he's reborn? Get Mark Henry for the Viscera fat black dude role, maybe The Pittbulls as the Acolytes type tag team. Then you can have the "Smackdown Superpowers" group of Batista, Rey, Lashley, London/Kendrick oppose them.

That would pretty much be fun as hell. You could also have King Booker's Court as a tweener-heelish splinter faction.

I guess you can throw Regal/Finlay into that tag feud with London/Kendrick and the Pitbulls, then toss in some funny skits of King Booker surveying his kingdom on SD as UT and the Ministry wreak havoc. Batista can turn to Booker for help after his guys start getting decimated, with Booker not really turning face but realizing that the Ministry is a greater threat to him than anyone else on SD.

I guess you can throw Regal/Finlay into that tag feud with London/Kendrick and the Pitbulls, then toss in some funny skits of King Booker surveying his kingdom on SD as UT and the Ministry wreak havoc. Batista can turn to Booker for help after his guys start getting decimated, with Booker not really turning face but realizing that the Ministry is a greater threat to him than anyone else on SD.

Book it!

Do you involve guys like Matt Hardy and Mr Kennedy or leave them to their own devices?

Hardy is probably way too over with the fans to think about keeping him out of it, especially if the super-face team of Batista/Rey/Lashley/London & Kendrick all start getting destroyed. I dunno about Kennedy, he seems to work best as a heel or tweener but I think sticking him with a group like the Ministry would hurt his character. Maybe align him with the face group as a lone wolf type deal to end the Ministry's domination and then have him turn on them at the conclusion of the angle, breaking out and claiming that he was the turning point of the conflict (kinda fits in with his 'single-handedly changing Friday nights' deal) to set up an upper card feud.

Guest Human Highlight Reel
Has it been explained what a "Punjabi Prison match" is yet? I'm guessing that's just WWE code for "no count outs, no DQs."

From the GAB graphics, looks to be some sort of cage match.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

This is sad:

Raw Thread-23 pages

Smackdown Thread-3 pages

:(

Well, Raw this week also had the whole RVD situation fueling it, so it was a bit longer than usual.

Anyway, I hadn't considered guys like Hardy and Kennedy. If anything Matt could be that one guy who is at first an ally of Rey and Batista, but at some point gets brainwashed and joins the Ministry. He can go back to the brooding goth look.

As far as Kennedy, I'm not sure. I might have him as a lone wolf at first having matches with guys on both sides, until one night on SD he has a match with someone from the Ministry (Jamie Noble, doesn't really matter) and the entire group attempts a major beatdown and then a "sacrifice." Batista, Lashley and Co. hit the ring and Kennedy joins them in running off the Ministry.

Has it been explained what a "Punjabi Prison match" is yet? I'm guessing that's just WWE code for "no count outs, no DQs."

From the GAB graphics, looks to be some sort of cage match.

I'd guess it'll be something like a HIAC match. It's probably a good idea for them to keep Khali from having to climb anything.

Guest JustPassinBy
This is sad:

Raw Thread-23 pages

Smackdown Thread-3 pages

:(

Two viable reasons:

#1. Its a friday nite

#2. Some of us dont get UPN (at least I dont). I havent seen Smackdown in like 3 years.

Only negative about stables vs stables, is when it turns more into "who's jumping" or "who's joining" instead of the actual competition between the two. If I never hear "battle lines are being drawn" again it will be too soon.

Mark Henry main eventing The Great American Bash. Dusty, Flair, and Sting are having strokes.

You think Henry/Batista will go on last or do just consider that to tbe the co-main event with Rey/Booker?

Henry and Batista will go on last.

Send the fans home happy. After Booker wins the title. All the advertisements have been for Henry and Batista. And THAT match is having a contract signing, not the World Title match (?!??!?!?!).

I am positive it'll go last unless the booking changes. I still don't see how Booker's title reign is going to last any longer than one month, considering the guy has 5 wins all year and has lost repeatedly every week on Smackdown.

Well let's face it, it is time to end the Rey title experiment. Booker will likely end up being Mr. Transition to Batista anyway. I mean take a look at that Booker/Rey matchup:

--One guy has jobbed every week to the US champ, then suddenly gets a title shot via winning a battle royale that had nobody in it.

--The champion has been largely a joke, having lost clean in non title matches to Mark Henry, Great Khali, Van Dam (ok that one wasn't a pathetic loss), and via countout to Angle.

The Henry/Batista match should be an absolute maiming. Henry should get no more than token offense. It should be in the vein of the Batista/JBL match from SS last year.