TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Sony is a bunch of assholes

I saw this at ctrl-alt del..

it's not shocking really.

OOh.. white chick grabbing a black woman... ooh... racism.. ooh...!

Seriously, this isn't even an American ad campaign, so just move on. If it we some play with a skinny guy and fat guy, you'd all have a laugh at it.

..besides.. looks like Sony might be "assholes".. but c'mon, marketing is a fuckin genius since we're talking about the ad and what it represents (..the new white PSP which will sell thru the roof..)

Who is that supposed to appeal to exactly? It makes me NOT want to buy a PSP, if anything. Of course, I'm not white or European so maybe I'm missing the appeal.

I will say it's better than the 'two rats' campaign that we got in the States.

Guest DaGoodz

They're just promoting a new version of the PSP, not bringing back slavey.

And that means it can't be offensive? :huh:

There's obviously one fucked up subliminal message in there if one were to choose to take it that way. Which I'm sure most would.

If they wanted to go with that campaign, it would have been more effective to have two people of the same race (most likely they would have been white) one wearing white, one wearing black, that simple. Doing it the way they did, just like this thread, of course racism would be brought up.

Guest Smues
OOh.. white chick grabbing a black woman... ooh... racism.. ooh...!

I suppose once you see the black woman in the ad it all makes sense. Honestly I some how saw that thing twice and never noticed the black woman in it until you mentioned it. God I'm blind.

And that means it can't be offensive? :huh:

There's obviously one fucked up subliminal message in there if one were to choose to take it that way. Which I'm sure most would.

If they wanted to go with that campaign, it would have been more effective to have two people of the same race (most likely they would have been white) one wearing white, one wearing black, that simple. Doing it the way they did, just like this thread, of course racism would be brought up.

If it were obvious I might actually see where the problem is.

Just more people flipping out about being politically correct. Sunrise, sunset.

It's also a part of a series of three. One where they are equal, one where the black side is dominant and then the one that everyone sees. I think it's just kind of a stupid advertisement in general, but not with some racist overtone to it. It is funny though how I can't really seem to find much of any reference to the other two parts of the series, and have only seen them once when they were being discussed on Tucker Carlson's show. joystiq.com has pictures of all three.

Guest wildpegasus

That's got to be the most racist ad I've ever seen in my life.

Guest Princess Leena

There's no way to know it's a series of three, though...

I have no problem with it, because if the sides were reversed, nobody would give a shit, as it should be.

But, yeah, people will bitch. Maybe not as much in Europe, but they have their share of extremists and reverse racists, as well.

I'm not actually offended by it at all. I think it's hilarious that a huge company like that would be audacious enough to put out an ad like that. But you really have to be a major asshole to do it.

I agree that if the roles were reversed, and it was a black woman holding a white woman by the throat, hardly anyone would care, and those that did would be called ignorant (which is a word that is tossed around WAY too much these days). It's an advertisement. It's intention is to grab your attention, and it did it's job well. Get the fuck over it.

Guest Felonies!
That's got to be the most racist ad I've ever seen in my life.

Oh, you're kidding me. This shit is child's play compared to advertisements of the past.

is that like an inverted pull-up?

I see what he's saying: there's no such thing as "reverse racism," it's just plain racism, but I'm beginning to notice that Star Ocean 3 is very pedantic. I feel threatened.

Sony is a bunch of assholes

Well duh. *done in a voice from The Critic.*

is that like an inverted pull-up?

I see what he's saying: there's no such thing as "reverse racism," it's just plain racism, but I'm beginning to notice that Star Ocean 3 is very pedantic. I feel threatened.

awesome

There's a reason they only put it in a specific country and not other countries.

HINT: look at the racial makeup of said country.

not to mention the ad agency who made it is known for 'shock value' disruptive ads... which means yes they were fully aware of the 'controversial' racial implications, history of slavery, all that stuff. In fact, they were specifically going for it. Which makes the people who don't see the problem with the ad either a little disengenious or just plain stupid.

And the "nobody would care if it was the other way around" argument is pretty fucking stupid. Use your brain and you might figure it out.

I hate Super Sensitive America.

Can we go back to before everyone had to let everyone else know what offends them? Also how bout we just get over ourselves and stop letting every single fucking thing in this world offend us.

NEWS FLASH! Somewhere on earth people are doing and saying things that you might not like, and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it. Deal.

I hate Super Sensitive America.

Can we go back to before everyone had to let everyone else know what offends them? Also how bout we just get over ourselves and stop letting every single fucking thing in this world offend us.

NEWS FLASH! Somewhere on earth people are doing and saying things that you might not like, and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it. Deal.

cartmen8.jpg

Sony is a bunch of assholes for alot of reasons, but this isn't one of them. I don't think there is as much as a social background to this in Europe as it would be say in the south here, so its really no big deal.

Now if this is how they chose to sell PSP's in South Carolina or Alabama, then I could see that as being pretty fucked up.

Ooh...there's going to be a WHITE PSP????

SWEET...

I hate my black PSP...it's lazy and I think it's stealing from me.

Its probably buying Crack, Fried chicken, and teeth grilles.

Would it have been better if it was someone in a full white body suit beating on someone in a full black bodysuit?

It has nothing to do with race. It's trying to show that the white PSP's dominance over the black one so they can sell more copies. They had a white person holding a black person because they wanted something all white beating something all black.

It has nothing to do with race. If you're offended you're being oversensitive.

Now it'd be a different story if the white woman was hanging the black one from a tree or something.