TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Sony is a bunch of assholes

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Ooh...there's going to be a WHITE PSP????

SWEET...

I hate my black PSP...it's lazy and I think it's stealing from me.

Its probably buying Crack, Fried chicken, and teeth grilles.

Thank you Scroby, that was the joke.

SWEET...

Its probably buying Crack, Fried chicken, and teeth grilles.

Thank you Scroby, that was the joke.

Well I try :cheers:

SWEET...

All of those :lol: icons +1

*Too bad the PSP doesn't have a joystick so a comment about its size can be made.*

I'm offended. What a bunch of bullshit.

White is already here oppressing other races and cultures.

Madonna used to do that in her videos all the time.

Oh no, a white woman is holding a black person by the chin. Dear god, it can clearly only mean she is oppressing them.

It's not like she's holding a whip and giving them lashes.

Guest wildpegasus
Madonna used to do that in her videos all the time.

Oh no, a white woman is holding a black person by the chin. Dear god, it can clearly only mean she is oppressing them.

It's not like she's holding a whip and giving them lashes.

Are we talking about the "Like A Prayer" video? If so, that's on a completely different situation with a completely different form of media. I actually don't remember any of Madonna's videos being racist and in fact I remember them being the exact opposite to tell you the truth.

On the other hand, that advertisement sign is the most racist ad I've ever seen in my life. The very fact that there's this long a discussion about it proves that it is sending racist signals to everyone out there wether one believes it is or not.

Guest Marvel Man X
It has nothing to do with race. It's trying to show that the white PSP's dominance over the black one so they can sell more copies.

I don't know if you were being sarcastic or what but you basically pointed it out. Also, I don't get how the white one is better then the black, just because it's white, like white automatically is better. Unless, I'm wrong and this new white one has more features.

I mean this is a country (and in Europe) where white folks believed (and some still do) they had dominance over blacks for the longest.

No I wasn't being sarcastic. The fact that it's being broken down into a racial thing is absurd.

They're advertising the white PSP over the black PSP. It's a machine. It's not a human. They're not saying anything about white people or black people at all.

The two people represent the fucking PSP's not a white and black person.

Like I said...on a billboard in South Carolina, it would have an entirely different meaning to it. It is a European campain, thus doesn't have the same meaning so no big deal.

And as for the Madonna comment, she did kinda dance around in front of burning crosses in that video. I am going to go out on a limb and say THAT was what the controversy was all about.

Fuck the pseudo-racist ads, this is why Sony is a bunch of assholes (taken from AOTS Rewind):

Sony has issued a new patent for the PS3 which would block the console from playing used, rented or borrowed videogames.

Thank you Sony but Mr. Gates here is my money, please continue your conquest of the world.

EDIT: Upon further review, supposedly this is indeed was a rumor and nothing but reported by the crack (smoking) team a G4

It has nothing to do with race. It's trying to show that the white PSP's dominance over the black one so they can sell more copies.

I don't know if you were being sarcastic or what but you basically pointed it out. Also, I don't get how the white one is better then the black, just because it's white, like white automatically is better. Unless, I'm wrong and this new white one has more features.

I mean this is a country (and in Europe) where white folks believed (and some still do) they had dominance over blacks for the longest.

Seriously. Stop talking. There are also ads with the black woman beating the white one down (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/kilodelta/black-psp-europe.png), and an other ad with both of them in an equal stance (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/kilodelta/pic-1.jpg). It has nothing to do with saying that the white one is better. As stated - it's about selling more copies. It's an AD CAMPAIGN you dolt.

OMG raycism

sony_whiteiscoming_web_3a.jpg

Beat that white bitch!

That's the most racist thing I've ever seen! I'm offended!

It wasn't meant to be racist. It's not like the white chick was going "I'm not racist! I have black people in my family tree! They're still hanging there today!" (btw that joke was told to me by a black guy. actually most of the racist jokes i know came from this black guy in HS)

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Come on now. Who really thinks there's a coincidence that there is a "black" person dressed in all black fighting a "white" person dressed in all white in an advertsiement for a white PSP?

Come on now. Who really thinks there's a coincidence that there is a "black" person dressed in all black fighting a "white" person dressed in all white in an advertsiement for a white PSP?

Yes, and the same people are dressed the same way in ads for the black PSP. Your point is?

Guest Felonies!

This ad campaign is the pinnacle, that means it reigns supreme and it's nototrious it'll crush X-Box like a jely bean.

Guest BOOT

I don't see it as racist exactly, but it does seem pretty uninspired and cheap.

Yes, and the same people are dressed the same way in ads for the black PSP. Your point is?

My point is that Sony is resorting to race and controversy to sell video games. They REALLY don't need to do that.

Umm.... I'm nototrious I'll crush you like a jely bean?

Sony has announced that it is pulling the ads due to pressure from a California lawmaker along with the NAACP.

Thank god they didn't use their original ideas for an ad campaign. I know someone at Sony who mentioned the original lineup of ads was

1) A black slave being whipped by a white nicely dressed master, WHITE IS COMING

2) 3 black gangsta "thugs" with gold chains pointing guns at a scared white family, BLACK IS COMING

3) and the soon-to-be-announced Yellow PSP, which has a bunch of Fu Manchu esque asians scheming