TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

UFC 62: Babalu Vs. Liddell...

Monson's an average cuddler, hence I picked him to beat the likes of Anthony Perrosh & BLH, but not a secretly-sweet-cuddler like Vera.

Kevin Randleman also breaks down mentally in the ring, which doesn't happen to focus and hungry fighters.

Yes it does. It happens to the best of all of them not named Fedor or Nog. Hughes broke down mentally against Penn, you can see it in his eyes after the first punch. Penn breaks down mentally after realising he just beat Matt fucking Hughes. I've saw Tito Ortiz break mentally among many other fighters I consider to be great...

Hughes wasn't as hungry as BJ Penn was in that fight. Everyone though Hughes was going to blast past BJ Penn, and Penn had that back against the wall atittude and he was set to prove everyone wrong, where as Hughes problay had alot of confidence and was prepared, but he didn't have as much to prove as BJ Penn. I don't get what your trying to prove by saying Penn broke down mentally AFTER the fight, because it's irrelevent.

Brandon Vera vs. Frank Mir has been anounced. I'm really suprised, as it looks like the UFC has officially given up on Mir, and expect to use his name to give Vera a recognizable win.

Though its only probablity of being competitive would be if Mir came in-shape (fat chance... har), I'm actually pretty excited by the prospect of Vera still getting a name win now that Buentello is gone and Monson is fighting for a title.

I don't think Mir has ever fought on two PPV's in a row so suffice to say he's all kinds of fucked in this one.

Vera by crippling leg kicks, late round one/early round two.

So assuming we see Monson get the next shot then Vera should be challenging by years end or early 2007.

There's a Countdown to UFC 62 available free on OnDemand that has the first Bonnar-Griffin fight in its entirety. I still can't get enough of that fight.

I had a co-worker of mine who's mildly into mma over the other night and showed him a bunch of fights and he was ready to leave when Bonnar/Griffin popped into my head and I forced him to stay and watch it. I'd say the word "addicted" now covers it.

Guest DRH 502

Nick Diaz is taking Thiago Alves' place against Josh Neer. Now this will be very very interesting...

Two questions: How much is the PPV?

and two... is this one worth it?

I've never ordered a UFC PPV before, but for some reason I don't really like Lidell and the special Spike TV had last night made me want to cheer for Babalu, but how are you experts expecting the undercard fights to be? If this is only like $35... I might end up ordering it.

It's $39.99.

I'm skipping this one. It's basically a two match card and I have the feeling that Bonnar/Griffin II isn't going to be half of what the original was.

Guest DRH 502

And Chuck impressive as usual. I thought it might have broken down with Tito...kinda funny Chuck calling him out...

By the way, I checked the main page, is there some sort of mandatory wait period to post spoilers??

No need to post spoilers...

Liddell was impressive tonight, but what the fuck was Babalu trying to throw a blind furry against LIDDELL?

Why was the crowd booing Griffin? He won fair and square in a close fight. Fuck I can't stand morons.

Diaz IS BACK BITCHES~!!!!!! Great fight. Diaz dominated, and proved that he is back in the WW class. Can't believe he's only 23!

Kongo is going to be a major force in the HW, his knee's are crazy. Him and Vera are the future of HW, if Vera decides to stay at HW. Kongo called out Frank Mir, he would knock out Mir at this point in Mir's career.

Franca had a really good fight. He went all out in the 3rd round and almost twisted the guys arm off!

Overall GREAT CARD, well worth my money.

Franca had a really good fight. He went all out in the 3rd round and almost twisted the guys arm off!

Franca should of won earlier in the fight when Verner was running away like a scared little girl but the ref gave him a time out instead. So is Franca auditioning to be one of the Joker's henchmen or what?

The power went out at 7:15 at the bar I went to because of a storm(the fight was starting at 9 our time) so everyone cleared out by about 830. We just sat in the dark with only water and cold beer(it was all they had) and then at 8:59 the power came back on. Unfortunately they couldn't get the satellite signal until midway through the 2nd round of the Franca fight.

I'm glad Diaz is back b/c I used to hate him but now he's become the guy I love to hate.

What the hell was Babalu doing? I did like him trying to put Big John in a leg lock though.

Are Griffin and Bonnar un-KOable or something? Jesus they threw some hard shots.

How good is Kongo really? Because I really want to cheer for this guy a lot. He just looks awesome but he hasn't fought anyone awesome in the UFC yet.

Franca should of won earlier in the fight when Verner was running away like a scared little girl but the ref gave him a time out instead. So is Franca auditioning to be one of the Joker's henchmen or what?

He never gave Verner a time out, he actually took a point away from Verner.

Guest DRH 502

Yeah..he pretty much did give him a time out dude. He was clearly on the verge of being stopped, John stopped the fight for a good 45 seconds in order to deduct the point. I honestly didn't think Franca was gonna get the win after that extended break...that armbarplata (you had to see it I guess) was very unorthodox. I was glad to see him win on his birthday.

Rob "MY SHOULDER! I DON'T THINK I CAN CONTINUE COACH HUGHES LETS MAKE A SPECIAL BOND SO I CAN WORK THROUGH THIS" MacDonald got his ass kicked, I was happy to see this. Cheick escaping that armbar was just insane. I thought it was over. I was very happy for Diaz, and you could honestly SEE Neer breaking mentally as each second passed. Babalu has the be the world's dumbest, or the world's proudest fighter. Sometimes they are one in the same...he LOOKED like he was gonna kick some ass...But damn, why on Earth would anyone want to stand up and swing wildly with Chuck Liddell? There is no way he could have actually believed he was gonna get the win that way. Something that bothered me on commentary, they mention all of Chuck's KOs, but failed to mention the fact that he knocked out Allistair Overreem. They are still pimping the Silva/Liddell fight as a possibility so who knows? Eh overall, I came into this expecting very little and was pretty decently entertained. Definately smoked the last PPV...

Kongo is going to be a major force in the HW, his knee's are crazy. Him and Vera are the future of HW, if Vera decides to stay at HW. Kongo called out Frank Mir, he would knock out Mir at this point in Mir's career.

As long as Mir's beer gut doesn't expand any further, this is probably true.

Guest DRH 502

Well for what its worth, Goldberg said that he saw Mir at the weigh ins and he was "in very good shape" so maybe Mir realised he needed to get his ass in shape? Or maybe the announcers were just talking to talk.

Well for what its worth, Goldberg said that he saw Mir at the weigh ins and he was "in very good shape" so maybe Mir realised he needed to get his ass in shape? Or maybe the announcers were just talking to talk.

Well, I hope he's figured things out. Otherwise it's an extreme waste of talent