TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - July 10th, 2006

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Open invitation.

Last week, Mr. McMahon tried to get rid of his D-Generation X problem by banning the defiant Triple H and Shawn Michaels from Raw at the Wachovia Center. But what he didn't count on was their ability to embarrass him even worse from outside the arena than they could from inside. So, after last week's debacle, "The Chairman" has decided to give DX an open invitation to attend this week's Raw. What could Mr. McMahon have up his sleeve for DX?

The WWE championship is back on Raw. After pinning ECW's Rob Van Dam, (even though it was John Cena who hit RVD with an FU), what type of celebration will new WWE champion Edge throw on the final Raw before Saturday Night's Main Event? The last time Edge won the WWE championship he threw a live sex celebration to ring in his reign as champion. Does "The Rated R Superstar" have another X-Rated party planned?

And how will John Cena react to having the championship stolen from him? We know Cena isn't above taking drastic measures to make a point, as he's shown up alone at ECW ready to take on their entire locker room looking for an opportunity to reclaim what he considers his WWE championship. Now that Cena's come within inches of reclaiming what he considers his, what will "The Dr. of Thuganomics" do to retaliate?

One thing that we do know, is that two of the sexiest women on television will be in action as Raw Divas Melina and Trish Stratus will face off. The bad blood between these two has been brewing over the past couple of weeks. Just weeks after making her Raw debut, the brash Melina proclaimed that she was Raw's top Diva and that Trish was a name from the past. The former Women's champion has obviously taken exception to those words, and it has resulted in brutal physicality over the last couple of weeks. What will happen when they finally square off in the ring?

Plus, Mr. McMahon has to be reeling after D-Generation X seized control of the WWE production truck, wrecking havoc on nearly every aspect of Raw. After banning DX from entering the arena backfired last week, HBK and "The Game" ruined another Monday night for "The Chairman" without even stepping foot inside the building. What else can Mr. McMahon do to gain control of his company? Is there anything he can do to punish the duo that has made it a point to defy every order he's given?

Also, the 2006 $250,000 Diva Search will begin on Monday night. The 8 finalists have been selected, and they will be live on Raw for the first time in Sioux City. What will happen on their first day on the job?

Monday night Raw is the only place it will all be revealed. Watch Raw on Monday at 9pm/8pm CT on the USA Network.

The last two "first days" of the Diva Search have been:

Jericho says "destroy Bischoff's office" and "seduce Kamala", correct?

As bad as both were, they're never gone capture the magic of the "cum-guzzling gutter slut" promo era.

______

Also, I bet Vince invites DX to the building only to have the cops arrest them for some marijuana that he "found" in their "bags".

It seems like with every week that goes by lately, I'm less interested in Raw and more interested in Smackdown.

Guest Diablo_Dor

See the idea of watching something and flicking back and forth is a good one but I have a better plan.

Tomorrow morning I'll get up at 5:30 ish and fast forward through the 2hrs so I can leave for work around 6:30.

That unfortunately is the plight of someone who lives in Northern Ireland where Raw is shown at 2am.

Strangely it has never been an issue wether I have to leave without finishing the show (in fact lately even with ECW being shown before hand I'm still finished by 6:15)

It really says something about the WWE when it wasn't that long ago that I loved watching RAW on friday nights (thats when it was shown on Sky) with a few beers, now its a bloody chore.

They'd be fired for telling the truth and not sticking to Vince's script :)

I'm not excited about Raw considering it will be 1 hour of dick jokes by DX, 40 minutes of Diva tits, 5 minute Diva match, 10 minutes of Edge vs Cena build.

It seems like with every week that goes by lately, I'm less interested in Raw and more interested in Smackdown.

Every week that goes by, I'm less interested in Raw, less interested in Smackdown, less interested in ECW, and TNA's decent shows start seeming good and good shows seem great with as bad as WWE's product is lately.

This Diva Search is the main reason I try to avoid RAW in the summer. This D-X stuff is wearing on me and Trish is probably going to be squashed by Melina so no reason to be happy about that.

Unless she gets squashed between Melina's breasts :P

Was it necessary to have two different paragraphs about Vince/DX?

Also, I'm tired of hearing Cena was robbed. Anything goes in triple threat matches.

Tatanka is from Pembroke, NC.

I'm staying at someone else's house tonight and they aren't fond of wrestling. Sometimes I put it on around non-fans anyway and they're pleasantly surprised, but thanks to WWE's own preview, I know I will certainly not take that approach tonight.

So DX has now gone from only hogging up time on TV to hogging up the blurbs.

Seriously, re-read the preview, and notice how there's two paragraphs about DX, both of which essentially say the same thing.

Wow, definitely not going out of my way to watch this one tonight, after the last couple weeks of crap.

I've been a hardcore WWE fan for about ten years, but it's just been getting painful lately. I was never a huge fan of DX the first time around because of the childishness and repetitiveness of the gimmick, and it's all coming back now.