TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

SWF Storm 7-14-2006

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation presents...
swfworldtour2.jpg
SWF Storm!
Live, Friday, July 14th, from Milliways, the Restaurant At The End of the Universe!
(7pm PST, 10pm EST; check local listings)
(Send all promos/marked matches to chirs3)

milliways.gif

Posting a description of Milliways on this card would be impossible (joke intended!), so for more detailed settings (should you choose to incorporate them), click here, and skip to Chapter 14. The chapters aren't terribly long, and 14, 15, and 16 should give you some fun stuff to work with (if you want). :P

The short version: Milliways is a restaurant that exists in a time bubble, in the moments just before all of creation ends. You get there by travelling through time, and through the windows you can watch the Universe begin to collapse and crumble while you enjoy your meal, then travel back to your time whenever you like.

-=-=-=-=-

THE MAIN EVENT - TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Tom Flesher and Charlie "GRAPPLAH" Matthews vs. Kerry Staunton and Scott Rageheart

-> Kerry Staunton and Scott Rageheart - two technically sound athletes with some solid victories, including a recent win for Scott over the CRUISERWEIGHT MASTAH, Wildchild. Tonight, these two take their shot at Team MatFlesh, who took the titles of the Doomtopians just a few short shows ago! Will the still-green team of StauntHeart rise to the top in short order? Or will MatFlesh... um... pin them... and retain the titles? (I've totally run out of things to say here)
Rules: Standard tag match. TAG ROPES OR DIE.
Word Limit: 5500
Send to: Evolution

-=-=-=-=-

TAG TEAM MATCH
The New Doomtopians vs. Michael Stephens and Landon Maddix

-> You've gotta be kidding me.

Seriously, it was funny at first, but come on.

Stephens and Maddix?

A TEAM?

I don't buy it.

But apparently the fans do - at least, according to Joseph Peters and his wacked out logic. So tonight, one of the oddest odd couples we've seen in a while will take on the ex-champion Doomtopians!
Rules: Standard tag match. Use the tag ropes (pretty please)!
Word Limit: 5000
Send to: chirs3

-=-=-=-=-

CRUISERWEIGHT MATCH (non-title)
Grendel vs. Michael Cross

-> Grendel's still got plenty of ANGER directed at Tom Flesher, and Joseph Peters has a decent amount of anger directed at Cross, considering who ran down in the main event in Smarkdown. Not Akira, though, the other guys. Yeah, them.

In any event, Peters sees this as a good opportunity for both men. If Grendel can't directly put the screws to Tom, a decisive victory over the man holding the title Tom wants might be a good way to go about it. And a decisive win for Cross would give him a great deal of momentum for his next defense!
Rules: Cruiserweight Rules - 20 count outside, no throwing over the top rope.
Send to: Ace309

-=-=-=-=-

SINGLES MATCH
"Hollywood" Spike Jenkins vs. Amy Stephens

-> Innit!

Haven't heard that in a while, just felt the need to get that out there.

SO ANYWAY, Spike Jenkins, one of the competitors looking to get his grubby little paws on the International Title, is not about to take the show off before the big match(es)! Tonight, he takes on the less-than-ladylike-lady Amy Stephens!
Rules: Standard singles match.

-=-=-=-=-

HARDCORE MATCH
Mike Van Siclen vs. Bruce Blank

-> Against all odds, MVS bravely took on the fearsome cardboard menace, and came out the victor! Nevertheless, he and Peters are still at odds, and Peters won't be giving him an easy time. Van Siclen's next opponent - the self-proclaimed King of Pain himself, Bruce Blank!
Rules: RULES ARE FOR SISSIES!
Send to: Secret Agent

-=-=-=-=-

SINGLES MATCH
Trent Hawk vs. Zyon

-> A number of people showed up during Smarkdown's main event who were not invited - Akira Kaibatsu, for one, and Ciro and Trent as well! Zyon's chance to take back the Cruiserweight Title was squashed, and the Unique Youth is not about to take it lying down! Tonight, Zyon looks to put the newcomer in his place!
Word Limit: 4500
Send to: hhh6294

-=-=-=-=-

SINGLES MATCH
Insane Luchador vs. Ciro Vitale

-> The Insale Luchador returns from vacation... although really, we just travelled in time to the point when his vacation ended, then brought him here. That worked pretty well. In any event, he takes on the newcomer Ciro Vitale!
Word Limit: 4500

-=-=-=-=-

CRUISERWEIGHT MATCH
Wildchild vs. Ced Ordonez

-> Scott Rageheart pulled out a surprise win against Wildchild on Smarkdown. Has the Bahaman Bomber gotten rusty? Let's hope not. In any even, he'll attempt to sharpen (or resharpen) his m@d cru1s3r sk1llz tonight against the DDR-crazed Ced Ordonez!
Rules: Cruiserweight rules - 20 count, no throwing over the top, etc.
Word Limit: 4000

-=-=-=-=-

OPENING SQUASH OF GREAT SQUISHINESS
JJ Johnson vs. Martin Hunt

-> JJ's back! When did this happen? I'm not sure, but that's not the point. The point is, he's back! Hooray for JJ! On Smarkdown, he called out Michael Stephens for a World Title shot, but Joseph Peters wants to be certain that JJ's fully recovered from his injury. What better way to do that than with a Hardcore match? NONE, says I!
Rules: HARDCORE~!
Word Limit: 4000

-=-=-=-=-

Opening Promo: Bruce Blank.

-=-=-=-=-

NEXT WEEK - INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH(ES)!

-=-=-=-=-

Since this has actually worked pretty well, I'm just going to start declaring that anyone left off the card is free to request I add a match for you, provided you clear it with your prospective opponent. And if anyone wants a stip added to their match, same deal. :) Edited by chirs3

Lest there be an appearance of impropriety, let me assure both Grendel and Mike Cross that I have no stake in who wins this match, and that the winner will be determined solely and completely by the amount of bribe money I receive.

Send me a tear-sheet so I'll know how much to enter in my check register.

EDIT TO CLARIFY: What this means, of course, is that if you have a problem, please talk to Chris, and I won't be offended, but assuming you're comfortable I am.

Edited by Ace309

Wait... isn't J³ Kerry Staunton? Is he pulling double duty, or did he sell the rights to the character to Tom Brandi? :huh:

For the moment, it is double duty. Rest assured, however, there will be no dual-character title-monopolying-ing going on. Safeguards are in place.

yeah JJ is splitting off from Johnson to form his own seperate entity

Oh and I'm saddened and then saddened some more by the distinct lack of Hardcore matches on the Hardcore show :( or are all three shows now just generic shows with no themes?

So sad :( (now if Mr. VS would like to add a stip I'm cool with that)

Yo... you should fix your times Chirs... there are only 4 time zones in the states, so there shouldn't be 4 hrs difference between the two coasts... so it would be either 6pm Pacific, 9 PM Eastern, or 7pm Pacific, 10pm eastern. there's only two time zones between the coasts, not 3.

just a helpful hint.

Hell, you can book Spike/Amy if you want a slightly more credible opponent. I very much doubt I'll have time to write, but it's better than jobbing Myers AGAIN.

i would like to ask bruce blank publicly if he is MAN ENOUGH to make this a hardcore match. because, you know, it's what the fans want to see.
Oh alright, much against my will you have dragged me kicking and screaming into a Hardcore match - Be gentle with me ;)

yeah JJ is splitting off from Johnson to form his own seperate entity

Oh and I'm saddened and then saddened some more by the distinct lack of Hardcore matches on the Hardcore show :( or are all three shows now just generic shows with no themes?

So sad :( (now if Mr. VS would like to add a stip I'm cool with that)

House Rules was near impossible (tee hee!) in this locale, so no-go there, and as for other stips... I hesitate to use stuff like Ladder, Last Man Standing, Cage, First Blood, etc. on normal shows because those seem more like PPV calibur matches to me.

Plus, I was kind of hoping this "if you want a stip, just ask" thing would take off (and it looks like it is, in a pinch). People who want stips now can get them, and they'll be getting ones they want, rather than ones I randomly stick them with.

Spike/Amy will be edited in momentarily.

Edited by chirs3

Cross never said said anything about being in it and that Raynor had something "Special" in mind for the 8th spot.

ANd it's official in the way that those are the people that have publically indicated that they want in the match.

If you're talking about the Cross promo on Smarkdown, then honestly I couldn't really make heads or tales of the last third of the promo with jumps in logic and all I just kinda stopped reading before the "International" reference

And hey Cross in this thing *is* special - he's be the only guy in this thing I haven't beaten yet, so that'd qualify as special I suppose B-)

Too bad I no-showed our only match.

*Considers sending in the same Sly vs. Spike match if he draws him in the opening round.*

Guest longcat

I'm actually planning on showing this week. I've learned a few things about this place. One, do not procrastinate unless you're someone who's well motivated. Two, don't try to rest your eyes when you have a deadline to meet. And three, don't delete what you have after deadline has past. :P

Guest longcat

That's true. But you're also the one who brought me here.

Own3d.

And that's mainly because I haven't posted yet. Which I probably should, I don't want to look like the loner kid who doesn't talk. :P

That's true. But you're also the one who brought me here.

Own3d.

And that's mainly because I haven't posted yet. Which I probably should, I don't want to look like the loner kid who doesn't talk. :P

I already nailed that down.

Guest longcat

Well, then, I guess I don't have to worry about being labeled that. Thanks Mikhail.