TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

HD: Tag Team World Cup announcement

TONY SCHIAVONE
Well, we promised at Battlebowl we'd have further news concerning the Tag Team World Cup tournament, and here it is!  The tournament will begin next week, as a matter of fact, we've been able to secure at least one match right here on HeldDOWN~! next week.  Here is the American Bracket:

[img=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/alfdogg/TTWCAmericanBracket.jpg]

As you can see, the #1 seed in the American Bracket will be the team representing Canada, they'll be taking on the 8th-seeded team from Antarctica, in a match that will take place right here on HeldDOWN~! a week from tonight!

JESSE VENTURA
Now we should point out that when we say "American bracket", that represents North AND South America, and not just these United States!

TONY
That's exactly right, and the winner of that match will take on the winner of the 4-5 matchup where the fourth-seeded Cuban team will take on the team from Ireland, who received the fifth seed in the American Bracket.  Our third seed in the American Bracket is the team representing Germany, and they'll be taking on the sixth-seeded Poland team.  And our final matchup features the #2-seeded Mexicans taking on the #7 seed, Switzerland!  You got a favorite in this bracket?

JESSE
Well, I'm not too acquainted with these teams, Tony Schiavone, but I'm going to take the safe bet and go with the Canadians!  If they were seeded ahead of Team Heyross, they must be something, I'm very anxious to see what they've got next week!

TONY
Yes, of course Team Heyross will compete in the Asian Bracket, we'll get to that in a little bit!  The finals of the American bracket will eminate from New York's Shea Stadium on Saturday, August 5th!  And now, a look at the European Bracket:

[img=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/alfdogg/TTWCEuropeanBracket.jpg]

As you can see, it's the U.K. drawing the #1 seed, and a showdown with the eighth-seeded Portugese team!  From there, the winner faces either the French team, which drew the fourth seed, or the fifth-seeded team representing Argentina!  Sweden will be the #3 seed, and will meet #6 Denmark, while the Italians, the #2 seed, take on the seventh-seeded Jamaicans, what do you think about this bracket, Jess?

JESSE
Well Tony, I've got to think this is the year of the Italians, they just won the Soccer World Cup, I think they make it 2-for-2 and come out of the European Bracket!

TONY
OK, Jesse Ventura, the finals of the European Bracket will be held at Wembley Arena on Saturday, August 5th!  And now, onto the Asian Bracket!

[img=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/alfdogg/TTWCAsianBracket.jpg]

The Asian bracket is led by the Japanese team, they'll be taking on the team from Belgium, which will be the 1-8 matchup, the winner of the 4-5 matchup awaits the winner of that one!  At the fourth seed, it's the Aussies, and they'll be meeting Spain, who drew the #5 seed.  Our 3-6 matchup in the Asian bracket will feature the Chinese team, who will be challenged by sixth-seeded Greece, and of course, Team Heyross representing these United States got the #2 seed in this bracket, and Hong Kong will be their first rival as the #7 seed.  Jesse?

JESSE
You know who I'm goin' for, Tony Schiavone!  USA all the way, Team Heyross takes it!

TONY
The Egg Dome in Tokyo will be the site for the finals of the Asian Bracket, and once again, Saturday, August 5th is the date!  Our last bracket is the African Bracket!

[img=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/alfdogg/TTWCAfricanBracket.jpg]

And some more controversy here, as the Egyptian team, the top representative from Africa, did not receive the #1 seed!  That instead went to Lithuania, who will face India as their opposition in round 1!  In the 4-5 matchup, the team from Finland will be challenged by the fifth-seeded Koreans!  The #3 seed in the African bracket will be the team from Iran, who will go up against the Brazilians, and Egypt of course draws the #2 spot, and will take on the team from Thailand in our 2-7 match!  Who ya got?

JESSE
Well, Tony, you mentioned the controversy in this bracket, but I think the Lithuanians will prove that the committee made the right decision, and they'll walk out of this bracket the winner!

TONY
And the site for the finals will be the Stadium known as Soccer City in South Africa!  We mentioned that the tournament begins next week, there will be a week in between rounds, and, as mentioned, the finals of each bracket will take place on Saturday, August 5th, as the OAOAST is working on a TV deal that would bring us all four matches for you viewing pleasure!  The winners of the brackets will be re-seeded to compete in the semifinals and finals of the tournament at AngleSlam on August 27th!  It's going to be a very exciting event!  Right now, let's go to...

Sign in to follow this