TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

Mark Henry injured at SNME

A guy I work with and I discussed this.

Batista goes over Finlay and Lashley in a 3 way dance for the Summerslam #1 Contendership. Finlay and Lashley beat each other enough that they can't continue, Batista pins Finlay, but this keeps Finlay/Lashley from being ruined.

Booker jobs the title to Batista at SS, after beating Rey at GAB. Its tim to wrap that up.

First off, Henry's a piece of shit.

Second, I disagree with you guys about Batista getting the title anytime soon. I think they should have him chase for it up until Mania to build up the heat.

Too bad for Mizark. I have really warmed up to the guy since he came back earlier this year. I thought his match at Wrestlemania was entertaining also. Oh well...there goes my dream Mark Henry year long title run. :(

From PWInsider:

During the WWE Great American Bash press conference today, it was acknowledged that due to Mark Henry's injury, Batista has no opponent for the Great American Bash. Batista said he was going to offer an open challenge to "any sucker" who wants to accept it. Batista joked that Henry's knee hurts because he is afraid of what Batista would have done to him on Sunday.

I wish it would be someone like Brock Lesnar. :lol:

Well, there's no one credible left on the Smackdown roster who doesn't already have a match, so I would assume it's someone from ECW. Maybe Big Show, but it would be really stupid to job him or Batista at this point.

Well, Mark Henry might get the award for being the best-booked wrestler of the year, but he still wasn't good on his own merit. I won't be sad not to see him, but if he had to get hurt he should have done it before the Rumble so we could've avoided this push altogether. Batista was going to squash him at the Bash anyway, so I don't see any benefits to him getting hurt a week earlier.

The only real downside now is it forces WWE into panic booking, which they are historically not good at.

I wish it would be someone like Brock Lesnar. :lol:

Seeing how it is an open challenge, I'd be laughing my ass off if Coach accepted to try to get revenge on Batista for the Taboo squash. And then Batista squashes Vader to keep his number one contenders spot.

Considering how concerned Vince is about his workers getting hurt and banning/eliminating tons of moves creating the "WWE style" it seems that there are more injuries these days than in the past. Are guys just working stiffer or what?

Guest J0bber
Seeing how it is an open challenge, I'd be laughing my ass off if Coach accepted to try to get revenge on Batista for the Taboo squash. And then Batista squashes Vader to keep his number one contenders spot.

Someone how I can see this happening.

Considering how concerned Vince is about his workers getting hurt and banning/eliminating tons of moves creating the "WWE style" it seems that there are more injuries these days than in the past. Are guys just working stiffer or what?

Actually IIRC during a meeting with some indy talent they where told that "strong style" wrestling wouldn't be tolerated. Most wrestlers who come into the E soften their style (RVD I'm looking at you) I think it's just that there are more hoss style bodybuilder wrestlers who lack alot of flexibility than in the past.

It might also be that guys are thinking so hard about being careful that they make mistakes they wouldn't normally make. If they're so worried about getting injured, they might tense up for something, and wind up doing exactly what they are trying to avoid.

How about Finlay challenging Batista. Just have Finlay and Regal beat Lashley by DQ after nearly murdering him and Batista is backstage checking on his buddy in the trainer's room where Finlay walks by and has a hearty laugh at Lashley's expense and Finlay makes eye contact with Batista.

Batista challenges Finlay "I hear you like to fight. I don't know if you were aware but I'm looking for a fight." and Finlay says sure and that'll make sure that Batista shares a room with Lashley at the hospital that night.

That would be funny if it turned out to be Big Show and Batista beat him for the ECW Title.

Actually I expect something like that. Show is kind of like the showcase wrestler of ECW now. ECW was hanging around Raw during Vengeance to get some rub on the PPV, now that SD has a PPV, ECW inserted themselves in the picture. Tuesday, I expect Khali to show up and cause a DQ in the match (ugh). Then either on SD or the PPV, Show shows up and helps Khali, then you enter Kane or Batista in the picture to help Taker. If it's Batista, then he challenges Show for the ECW title under ECW Rules. Of course, this leads to a Khali/Show match at Mania.

Guest wildpegasus
Batista issued an open challenge at the press conference, and the Bash website has his match now changed to "Batista's Open Challenge."

So who's it going to be guys?

From PWInsider:

WWE announced this evening that Mark Henry underwent surgery today under Dr. James Andrews and was not expected to return to the ring for at least eight months, which would be in the area of March 2007. Henry tore his patella tendon completely off the bone, and also split his knee completely in two during the Smackdown six man tag bout on Saturday Night's Main Event in Dallas, Texas.

And this:

We just got a call from Justin H. at the Smackdown taping. He said it was announced that WWE has announced Ken Kennedy as Batista's opponent for Sunday's Great American Bash PPV.

From PWInsider:

WWE announced this evening that Mark Henry underwent surgery today under Dr. James Andrews and was not expected to return to the ring for at least eight months, which would be in the area of March 2007. Henry tore his patella tendon completely off the bone, and also split his knee completely in two during the Smackdown six man tag bout on Saturday Night's Main Event in Dallas, Texas.

And this:

We just got a call from Justin H. at the Smackdown taping. He said it was announced that WWE has announced Ken Kennedy as Batista's opponent for Sunday's Great American Bash PPV.

I don't wish injury on anyone, but I am NOT sad to see Mark Henry off my TV for the rest of the year. Anyone want to start taking guesses on how long it will take him to reinjure himself once he returns?

Batista vs Kennedy make much sense on paper, and comes across as just what it is, thrown-together. I guess it's just a quick squash to reestablish Big Dave as a monster headed into Summerslam.

I heard Kennedy did something to piss off the locker room, thus his losing to Matt on Smackdown!.

Can someone explain this:

I think it was about how he blamed Super Crazy for their terrible match a couple of weeks back.

It's too bad that a lot of people are taking these shots at Mark Henry. The man gets a serious, career threatening injury and people are calling him a peice of shit. Anyone who posts something like that is an asshole who is not worthy of the "smark" nickname that consider their birthright.

Henry has been a very solid heel for Smackdown as of late. He broke his knee cap in half and tore the Patella tendon completely off the bone.

He's facing an 8 month rehab and shitheads show their class by blasting the guy.

Dinks!

It's easy to be an idiot when you're anonymous. I think jealousy is part of the reason some want to take down a wrestler on here any time they can, whether it's Henry, Orton, HHH or whoever. I'd say nearly all of the ones doing the bashing and happy he's injured get exercise only when Mickie comes on the screen, or for some, CM Punk or Benoit.

You've gotta feel bad for Henry. Every time he's on the cusp of something big, bam! Life smacks him upside the head once more.