TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

7/20 & 7/27 Impact Spoilers

I don't think the tapings are done yet, but here's early results from this week's show:

Impact Hour One Results

The Naturals def. Matt Bentley & Frankie Kazarian

Rhino def. Unannounced opponent

Rhino called out anyone to come out and face him, Samoa Joe answered the challenge and they will wrestle in hour two of Impact!

AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels came out and said that they had open contracts with all TNA tag teams for an open title shot. Outside the ring, Konnan complained about LAX not getting their respect in TNA. Daniels, showed them the contract but then LAX jumped them and signed the contract against Styles and Daniels in Daniels' own blood.

NWA Jeff Jarrett defeated Jay Lethal. Earlier in the show, Lethal talked with Sting and Sting gave his blessing for Lethal to use the title shot to use against Jarrett.

credit: WO

I think Jarrett and Lethal should be a fun match and I love the pairing of LAX and Styles and Daniels. Rhino and Joe should be a great TV main event, but there's no way that match has a finish. I'm guessing it ends in a big schmooz when Steiner and Brown run-in, leading to a big tag match the next week on Impact.

TNA IMPACT SPOILERS

by Mike Johnson @ 9:20:00 PM on 7/17/2006

Richard Trionfo called in the following spoilers from tonight's TNA Impact taping Orlando, Florida:

Impact for July 20

*Jeremy Borash was outside Sting's locker room. Jay Lethal comes out of the locker room. Borash asks him about his promised title shot tonight. Lethal said that he spoke to Sting, who advised him to go for it all, so he's going to challenge Jeff Jarrett for the NWA championship tonight.

*Jeff Jarrett and Scott Steiner come out to the announce table and says that he knows Sting is behind everything, trying to get the title off of Jarrett. He says that Steiner will be with him at all times.

*The Naturals defeated Kazarian and Matt Bentley. Shane Douglas began browbeating the Naturals after the match.

*Outside Sting's locker room, Eric Young comes up to Jeremy Borash and is trying to come up with ways not to get fired and wants Borash's ideas on how to save his job.

*Rhino defeated ?. Rhino issues his open challenge again and Samoa Joe comes out and says that they have a match next week on Impact, and why wait for a PPV. Joe suggested that they do it right now and they start brawling until security splits them up.

*Jeremy Borash interviewed Team 3D and discuss their loss on Sunday. Brother Ray and Devon say that they are taking a break because they haven't accomplished their goals of being the Tag Team champions but they'll be back. They tell Runt to behave and not to do anything too crazy.

*Jeremy Borash interviewed America's Most Wanted and Gail Kim. AMW were fighting with Kim trying to keep the peace.

*NWA Tag Team champions AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels came to the ring and said that they understand Team 3D's comments from a few weeks ago about being the future. They said that if the situation was reversed, they would understand why 3D would be bitter about not being the Tag Team champions. Styles said that they have open contracts for anyone to face them at Hard Justice. Konnan got on the mic and asked if the LAX was one of those teams and challenged them to a match at the Hard Justice PPV. Styles and Daniels head towards the Spanish announce table and are attacked by Homicide and Hernandez. They brawl back to the ring where Styles is hit with the Ciopkilla. Konnan signed the contract in Daniels' blood.

*Backstage at Sting's locker room, Larry Zbyszko (wearing a wig) shows up and says that the Rhino vs. Samoa Joe match should be on PPV not on Impact and was critical of Jim Cornette's decisions. Slick Johnson showed up to make fun of Larry.

*NWA champion Jeff Jarrett defeated Jay Lethal after Scott Steiner interfered. The lights go out and when they come back on, Sting is in the ring for the save.

*Backstage, Christian Cage was at Jim Cornette's office, saying he needed to speak to Cornette.

Impact for July 27

*Eric Young was in the back with The James Gang. BG James tells Young not to worry about being fired and he wants Young to be with them later tonight.

*Inside the Impact Zone, Abyss and Brother Runt are fighting down the ramp into the ring. They battle and Abyss gives Runt a Black Hole Slam on a chair.

*Jeremy Borash interviewed Monty Brown, who said he is mad that he has unfinished business with Rhino after Victory Road and is mad Rhino is facing Samoa Joe later on.

*Petey Williams wins a Four Way over Johnny Devine, Shark Boy, and Sonjay Dutt. Alex Shelley and Kevin Nash were watching the match.

*Jeremy Borash interviewed Brother Runt, who challenged Abyss to a match at the Hard Justice PPV.

*Christian Cage comes to the ring and said that he was there to apologize for doubting Sting. He said that he was too busy dealing with his own agenda while Sting was talking about getting rid of the cancer in TNA. He said that he wants to be in Sting's corner at Hard Justice, but Jim Cornette said that only Sting could agree or turn that offer down. Sting came out and said that TNA is the top promotion and he wouldn't give Christian an answer because he had to think about it.

*Eric Young & The James Gang defeated America's Most Wanted & A-1.

*Samoa Joe vs. Rhino went to a no contest when Monty Brown came out. There was a referee bump. Rhino was preparing for the gore when Brown pulled him out of the ring. They fought up the ramp. Rhino set up a table. Joe began choking Brown out when Rhino gored them both through the table.

Xplosion:

*Sonjay Dutt & Chris Sabin defeated Senshi & Petey Williams.

*Ron Killings defeated A1.

Glad to see Petey on a winning track again. Also good to see Kazarian and Bentley together.

Abyss vs Spike. Awesome. I love seeing Spike get his ass kicked. He has it down to an art.

Guest flair4thegold

sounds like decents shows. With good build up to the next PPV.

I wonder if they are setting up a 3 way at HJ between Rhino/Joe/Brown??

Sounds like a logical step for a Monster's Ball. I believe the three have done them on house shows (or it might be Abyss/Rhino/Joe who have done them). Obviously if that's the case, it's Joe over Brown somehow.

I could easily see Steiner being fed to Rhino if they're drifting Joe away from him for the time being.

"he's going to challenge Jeff Jarrett for the NWA championship tonight."

Good, logical.

"The Naturals defeated Kazarian and Matt Bentley."

Horrible. Kazarian and Bentley would never lose to those two wastes.

"Eric Young comes up to Jeremy Borash and is trying to come up with ways not to get fired"

Why does he assume he's going to be fired? He's popular and Cornette hasn't promised to fire anyone has he?

Wow, way to waste a potential big $ Joe/Rhino bout.

LAX Vs. AJ Daniels should ve really good.

"Larry Zbyszko (wearing a wig)"

Get him off TV.

"he wants Young to be with them later tonight."

Kid James finally gets 2 men at once?

Could they telegraph Christian's turn a little more please.

Sounds like a decent couple of shows. Good build up to the PPV. Love that LAX is going for the titles but is it only going to be one show of are they going to feud and ultimatly win? I hope that Homicide brings out the Cop Killa soon. It is a great move and TNA fans would pop big time for it!

"he's going to challenge Jeff Jarrett for the NWA championship tonight."

Good, logical.

"The Naturals defeated Kazarian and Matt Bentley."

Horrible. Kazarian and Bentley would never lose to those two wastes.

"Eric Young comes up to Jeremy Borash and is trying to come up with ways not to get fired"

Why does he assume he's going to be fired? He's popular and Cornette hasn't promised to fire anyone has he?

Wow, way to waste a potential big $ Joe/Rhino bout.

LAX Vs. AJ Daniels should ve really good.

"Larry Zbyszko (wearing a wig)"

Get him off TV.

"he wants Young to be with them later tonight."

Kid James finally gets 2 men at once?

Could they telegraph Christian's turn a little more please.

Let's see if I can cover all the bases here:

1)Kazarian and Bentley haven't teamed in a while, and they weren't exactly the superteam of TNA even during their heel push. So storyline wise, there's your reason (rust/time off affects performance). Legitimately, Bentley hasn't been used in a while, Kazarian just came back, so doing some jobs to put a team you plan on going all the way with over isn't going to affect either guys career.

2)Cornette promised that everyone was on his watch, and that if he'd fire his friend Earl Hebner, no one would be exempt from his wrath if they deserved it. Young's whole gimmick is that he's paranoid, and despite being browbeat by his former Team Canada teammates, he probably feels that the team being dissolved is just one step closer for him to be unemployed. In the storyline, he's just recently begun the face turn. Saying "he won't get fired because he's loved" means nothing. The fans cheer for Abyss despite being a sadistic heel...would you take that into storyline account?

3)Joe/Rhino sounds less like a waste and more like a setup for a Monster's Ball, as I've mentioned. They aren't programming a major singles match between the two yet. Plus, it's almost like saying Rocky Maivia beating Triple H for the IC belt in '97 ruined their chances at drawing real money in '98-'00. Guys can have still fought each other and still have a big money/dream style match.

4)Hernandez is a 50/50 talent from what I've seen of him in Wildside and ROH, but he's in there with three solid workers, and so far they've played to his strength as far as him being the badass enforcer type.

5)Agreed on Zbysko, he does nothing for me.

6)They really need to decide if the James Gang are gonna be heels or faces. I'd prefer heels, if only because the much anticipated NAO reunion got dragged out way too long, and by the time they got them together, no one gave a shit.

7)Honestly, this appears to be a swerve setup with Christian. It looks like the simple, ages-old "ask to help babyface, turn on babyface, insta-heel". Instead, I think Christian WILL help Sting get the title off of Jarrett, THEN turn heel on him.

7)Honestly, this appears to be a swerve setup with Christian. It looks like the simple, ages-old "ask to help babyface, turn on babyface, insta-heel". Instead, I think Christian WILL help Sting get the title off of Jarrett, THEN turn heel on him.

I agree that it doesn't make sense for Christian to help Jarrett retain. He's entire time in TNA he's been talking about Jarrett being played out. I think we'll see Christian help Sting win, then decimate him either during the celebration, or Impact the next week.

Guest nokia

This is from the LAX segment;

"They brawl back to the ring where Styles is hit with the Ciopkilla"

It's a typo, the Cop Killer (Vertabreaker) was used !!

"1)Kazarian and Bentley haven't teamed in a while, and they weren't exactly the superteam of TNA even during their heel push. So storyline wise, there's your reason (rust/time off affects performance). Legitimately, Bentley hasn't been used in a while, Kazarian just came back, so doing some jobs to put a team you plan on going all the way with over isn't going to affect either guys career."

Don't give me that kayfabe bullshit. For YEARS Kaz & Shane *dominated* the X-Division scene. Remember the 1st 3 hour PPV? Remember the 1st match? I do. And that team DOMINATED every X-Division star in it. Remember when AJ Styles was being pimped as the big time exciting player on FSN when they moved there? I do, and it was Frankie and Bentley who took the belt off him, TOGETHER. So don't gimme that "they weren't that pushed" nonsense. They were always pushed. From the very first Ultimate X match, to Michael Shane's (undeserved at the time) super push from hell, to the wars with Sabin, to the previously mentioned things. The TNA fans for some reason think themselves as "smart" fans (ha!), so I don't think they'll like this, and I don't see how putting the shitty Naturals over Shane & Kazarian helps anyone.

Whatever, long-term booking it's fine. But it pisses me off. Put the Naturals over another X team that lacks a future.

TNA Booking SUCKS.

Whatever, long-term booking it's fine. But it pisses me off. Put the Naturals over another X team that lacks a future

The non-kayfabe reason for the decision might have had something to do with that fact that both are recently removed from the TNA doghouse, though the Nats were headed there too over the haircuts. IIRC, Bentley had heat for missing a few house shows, which is why he was on TV, and Kazarian had been trying to get back in for awhile, but TNA decided to focus on the guys that stuck around. During the PPV, Tenay keep saying how much the bar had been raised since Kazarian came back, which I don't remember him doing when Senshi came back a few months earlier. That told me Kazarian wasn't in line for a big push.

It's about time they busted out the most devistating moves. The fact that Homicide used The Cop Killa on one of the most over players in TNA makes it that much cooler. I am a huge AJ fan but I would root for Homicide over almost everyone else, except maybe Jerry Lynn. Homicide should be world champion. He has been overlooked for so many years. He's the reason I am a fan of LAX, it sure ain't that no talent Konnan.

I hope LAX wins the tag titles.

"1)Kazarian and Bentley haven't teamed in a while, and they weren't exactly the superteam of TNA even during their heel push. So storyline wise, there's your reason (rust/time off affects performance). Legitimately, Bentley hasn't been used in a while, Kazarian just came back, so doing some jobs to put a team you plan on going all the way with over isn't going to affect either guys career."

Don't give me that kayfabe bullshit. For YEARS Kaz & Shane *dominated* the X-Division scene. Remember the 1st 3 hour PPV? Remember the 1st match? I do. And that team DOMINATED every X-Division star in it. Remember when AJ Styles was being pimped as the big time exciting player on FSN when they moved there? I do, and it was Frankie and Bentley who took the belt off him, TOGETHER. So don't gimme that "they weren't that pushed" nonsense. They were always pushed. From the very first Ultimate X match, to Michael Shane's (undeserved at the time) super push from hell, to the wars with Sabin, to the previously mentioned things. The TNA fans for some reason think themselves as "smart" fans (ha!), so I don't think they'll like this, and I don't see how putting the shitty Naturals over Shane & Kazarian helps anyone.

Whatever, long-term booking it's fine. But it pisses me off. Put the Naturals over another X team that lacks a future.

TNA Booking SUCKS.

There is a reason that in ROH the fans cheered for Paul London over "Michael Shane." They fought for a contract and Shane won the match but ROH kept London because the fans went crazy for him. They didn't care for Shane. Did they have good matches together, yes, but that can be attributed to London. There was always something a little off with Shane (Bently, whatever) that I didn't like about him. The only, ONLY reason he was over in TNA was Traci.

This is from the LAX segment;

"They brawl back to the ring where Styles is hit with the Ciopkilla"

It's a typo, the Cop Killer (Vertabreaker) was used !!

Why is this shocking? It's TNA...more than just flat back bumps are allowed.

Sounds like a good couple of shows. Im just surprised to the lack of JJ/Sting build up.

Sounds like a good couple of shows. Im just surprised to the lack of JJ/Sting build up.

It's been building since January. They can devote some time to the pairings that are just starting, like Styles and Daniels vs LAX or Rhino, Joe and Monty, because, in theory, the fans already wanna see Sting kick Jarrett's ass.

Valid point. But JJ is on the booking team remember. Dont get me wrong im chuffed that JJ's not all over this, but it just wouldnt feel like impact if it wasnt 60% JJ.

It's been building since January. They can devote some time to the pairings that are just starting, like Styles and Daniels vs LAX or Rhino, Joe and Monty, because, in theory, the fans already wanna see Sting kick Jarrett's ass.

But does it make sense to slow down the build up right before a title match and their big one on one match?They could of did it 3 months ago when nothing was on the line. This should be the time to push it strong to get people excited. I don't even want to see the two on tv but at least give me a reason why I should buy this match(am going to buy the ppv anyway but still).

First show looks good

Second show looks terrible