TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest messiahtype

Wrestlers with extreme heat and where and why it started?..

Hogan / Savage - Well, for one thing, Hogan never jobbed to Savage properly ever (pinfall) out of all their years of feuding so I can see why that would piss Savage off. Then Savage accused Hogan of having an affair with Elizabeth and blamed him for the failure of his marriage. Savage then came out with that silly rap CD saying he wanted to kick Hogan's ass. Confronted backstage by Hogan at a TNA show, Savage turned into a little bitch when Hogan offered to give him the fight he so badly wanted, LOL.

Hogan / Hart - Hogan had no interest in putting Hart over at SummerSlam 1993 because according to him, Bret wasn't a draw. Hogan also talked shit about Bret on the original Hart DVD, apparantly without having one positive thing to say about him. Hart, a guy who always looked up to Hogan over the years, felt betrayed. IMO Hogan also didn't want to do it because he didn't want to lose to a smaller guy and Hogan, asides from Savage and Dibiase, always seemed to avoid working with better wrestlers (Hart, Steamboat, Roberts, etc) and if he did, it always seemed to be a one time deal (Hennig, Rude).

Hart / Michaels - Well, HBK was always an arrogant SOB so there's a start. During his time away from the WWF, Hart was interviewed and said he didn't think Shawn was a good champion because of the way he was potraying himself. Upon hearing what Hart said, Shawn got pissed off and decided to not job to Hart at Wrestlemania 13 as was originally planned. Shawn fakes / exaggerates his knee injury to avoid jobbing to Bret. A few months later, Bret kicks Shawn's ass in the locker room for whatever reason. A few months after that, Shawn accuses Bret of cheating on his wife on national television. Shawn was always Vince's lapdog so he winds up main eventing PPVs even though he wasn't even the WWF Champion. And then there was Montreal.

Jericho / Goldberg - Goldberg refused to work with Jericho at Fall Brawl 1998, even though he was going to beat Jericho anyway in your typical Goldberg squash fashion. Seriously, it was really fucking dumb why Bill would act that way. Also, Bill had an ego so that always pissed Jericho off and Jericho would wind up handing Goldberg's ass to him backstage at a RAW show many years in the WWE.

Seriously, it was really fucking dumb why Bill would act that way

Supposedly, Goldberg was going to work w/ Jericho as the payoff to the Greenberg stuff, but people got into Goldberg's ear about how working w/ Jericho would be beneath him, Jericho is too small, not a draw, etc.

^ Yeah that's a good point, but then again, Goldberg was still squashing jobbers on Nitro / Thunder even when he was the WCW Champion. Ugh...

Yeah, it was heavily rumored that Hogan and Nash (among others) told Goldberg he shouldn't work with Jericho, even though Jericho has stated in interviews that he didn't expect to beat or even get offense against Goldberg. I remember him saying that he wanted to help make Goldberg into "more than a one dimensional wrestler."

Chris Jericho wanted to help make Bill Goldberg, and they didn't let him. And people wonder why WCW is dead.

^ Yeah that's a good point, but then again, Goldberg was still squashing jobbers on Nitro / Thunder even when he was the WCW Champion. Ugh...

"Ladies and gentlemen, tonight on Nitro, WCW World Heavyweight Champion Goldberg will take on Brian Knobs!"

Don't you remember Goldberg's five star classic with La Parka on Thunder?

I always wondered how guys like Al Green got title shots. From a kayfabe perspective, that made zero sense, but then again it was post-97 WCW, so very few things did.

Also, do Matt Hardy and Edge still have heat over the Lita thing? I like Edge a lot and don't care for Matt too much, but Matt got one of the shittiest deals in the world with that one.

Yeah, he made a silly decsion to go back to WWE. Had he gone to TNA, god only knows what life would be like for Mr. Hardy.

Matt's sitting pretty with that nice contract he scammed out of Vince because of his crying. Vince never cared about him. It's not like Matt was on the path to superstardom.

Guest messiahtype
Hogan / Savage - Well, for one thing, Hogan never jobbed to Savage properly ever (pinfall) out of all their years of feuding so I can see why that would piss Savage off. Then Savage accused Hogan of having an affair with Elizabeth and blamed him for the failure of his marriage. Savage then came out with that silly rap CD saying he wanted to kick Hogan's ass. Confronted backstage by Hogan at a TNA show, Savage turned into a little bitch when Hogan offered to give him the fight he so badly wanted, LOL.

Hogan / Hart - Hogan had no interest in putting Hart over at SummerSlam 1993 because according to him, Bret wasn't a draw. Hogan also talked shit about Bret on the original Hart DVD, apparantly without having one positive thing to say about him. Hart, a guy who always looked up to Hogan over the years, felt betrayed. IMO Hogan also didn't want to do it because he didn't want to lose to a smaller guy and Hogan, asides from Savage and Dibiase, always seemed to avoid working with better wrestlers (Hart, Steamboat, Roberts, etc) and if he did, it always seemed to be a one time deal (Hennig, Rude).

Hart / Michaels - Well, HBK was always an arrogant SOB so there's a start. During his time away from the WWF, Hart was interviewed and said he didn't think Shawn was a good champion because of the way he was potraying himself. Upon hearing what Hart said, Shawn got pissed off and decided to not job to Hart at Wrestlemania 13 as was originally planned. Shawn fakes / exaggerates his knee injury to avoid jobbing to Bret. A few months later, Bret kicks Shawn's ass in the locker room for whatever reason. A few months after that, Shawn accuses Bret of cheating on his wife on national television. Shawn was always Vince's lapdog so he winds up main eventing PPVs even though he wasn't even the WWF Champion. And then there was Montreal.

Jericho / Goldberg - Goldberg refused to work with Jericho at Fall Brawl 1998, even though he was going to beat Jericho anyway in your typical Goldberg squash fashion. Seriously, it was really fucking dumb why Bill would act that way. Also, Bill had an ego so that always pissed Jericho off and Jericho would wind up handing Goldberg's ass to him backstage at a RAW show many years in the WWE.

thanks for the insightful commentary. it was much appreciated.

HHH and Goldberg also had "extreme heat" at one point.

Extreme Heat should be what they call RAW Junior on Sci-Fi.

Didn't HHH and Hogan have heat in 2004/5 or was it kayfabed?

I thought Michaels and Hogan had heat in 2005 over the finish to their Summer Slam match. Neither guy wanted to job, but since Hogan has creative control, he got to go over. Michaels' response was comically overselling every bit of Hogan's offense to make the match look as ridiculous as possible. He did a freaking corkscrew moonsault off a head to the turnbuckle bump!

Guest JustPassinBy

Why would Matt Hardy still be upset?

IF he's mad that Edge has made it farther than him, we'll he really shouldnt be. Edge has much better mic skills and a better look, and thats just the way it is. Edge is better.

Should he still be sad that Lita dumped him? Perhaps, but think about all the arse that Hardy probably gets on the road. Lots of 18-21yr old snatch, all day all nite. Plus Matt Hardy makes in the top 1% of wage earners in the entire US.

I think he's got a good life.

Jericho was a TITLE HOLDER at the time of Fall Brawl 98. Yet Goldy was squashing Rick Fuller and Jerry Flynn every week and saw Jericho as "beneath his level" of work?

Not at first, but Bill was one of those guys who would listen to really anything that Hogan & Nash had to say at the time.

I don't think Savage thought Hogan and Liz were having an affair. I think what happened was Liz became friends with Hogan's wife Linda, and Liz confided in her that she wasn't happy with the marriage, and Linda told her that she didn't need Randy and that if she wasn't happy she should leave him. So Savage blamed Hogan and his wife for the breakup. I may be completely wrong about this. I'm sure HTQ knows. Brother, help me out!

I thought Michaels and Hogan had heat in 2005 over the finish to their Summer Slam match. Neither guy wanted to job, but since Hogan has creative control, he got to go over. Michaels' response was comically overselling every bit of Hogan's offense to make the match look as ridiculous as possible. He did a freaking corkscrew moonsault off a head to the turnbuckle bump!

Don't forget HBK selling the Big Boot by falling to the ground, then bouncing up and running half-way across the ring, and then falling again like he was hit by the Clothesline from Hell. That match is a comedy classic. HBK speaking of Hogan's "lightning quickness" the following night on RAW was the icing on the cake.

Didn't Savage think everyone was having an affair with Elizabeth?

AFAIK, Savage was notorious for being paranoid of Liz when he wasn't in contact with her. I hear he would occasionally lock her up so that "she wouldn't cheat on him".

Also, do Matt Hardy and Edge still have heat over the Lita thing? I like Edge a lot and don't care for Matt too much, but Matt got one of the shittiest deals in the world with that one.

An interview with Matt from earlier this year:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560...6060325,00.html

I'm absolutely fine with Amy, we're actually pretty close right now.

She's in a totally different place to when she was sucked in by my lying, betraying former friend.

As far as Edge goes, I don't speak to him and have no dealings with him.

Amy is very open to admit that she made a mistake and if she could go back in time she would change things. Whereas Edge has never said sorry or come across as apologetic.

The only person Matt Hardy should be mad at is himself. How could he not know that he would be turned into a jobber once returing. If Hardy thought he would get a strong push, he's blind as a bat.

I do have to wonder if Matt knows how much of a bitter bitch he sounds like whenever the Edge/Lita thing is brought up. My lord, just don't talk about the issue for your own sake man. And he looks like a pussy whipped wimp whenever he puts all the blame on Edge and totally gives Lita the benefit on the doubt. Bah.

For the Observer lovers/subscribers or whoever, is the Jericho/HHH thing something that was apparent backstage, or was it a more underlining heat?

How about Owen Hart and everyone else backstage that had refused to work with him prior to his death? Sure, it's obvious why Austin wanted nothing to do for him after the neck injury, but reportedly Michaels, Triple H, and others wanted nothing to do with him either. What was the deal there?

I would assume because of his family connections.

EDIT:

Rick Rude vs. Ultimate Warrior, 1989?

During the Ultimate Warrior/Rick Rude program, Rude came back after the match and asked Warrior to "lighten up" a bit. Warrior got right in Rude's face and said, "I don't have to, because I'm the Warrior." Rude knocked him silly with one punch and walked away.

Awesome.

He knocked him silly - well damn all these years of Warrior being weird and it's all because Rude punched him in the head ;)

I think Shawn/HHH refusing to work that much with Owen is quite obvious after Montreal and Bret and everything.

The only person Matt Hardy should be mad at is himself. How could he not know that he would be turned into a jobber once returing. If Hardy thought he would get a strong push, he's blind as a bat.

Well, to be fair to him, he had a shitload of the crowd behind him. I guess to fool him though, Vince thought "bringing him out of my limo and introducing him" would get him over.