TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

Video editing software

Something free or something that I could possibly crack? Just looking to fiddle around with video editing, creating DVDs, etc.

PC environment, preferably. But I also have a Mac.

If you are video editing, Macs are the way. Download Final Cut Pro from either a P2P or bittorrent and do the wonders of cracking. That is what I did.

Dunno about him, but I could use a little advice here too.

I've got a video file I need to move from one PC to the another. It's 701 megs, but the CDR's I have only hold 700 (don't have a DVDR drive).

There any programs I can use to just hack off the first minute of the video or something, to cut the size down?

Might want to be more specific. Are you looking for video editing programs like Premiere and DVD authoring programs like Nero?

Video editing. As I said in the subject. "Creating DVD's" would be what I would be doing after editing the video, and isn't part of the inquiry. ;)

Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 -- it has the ability to create/burn dvds from the program, so far as I've read. Look into it.

I've got a video file I need to move from one PC to the another. It's 701 megs, but the CDR's I have only hold 700 (don't have a DVDR drive).

There any programs I can use to just hack off the first minute of the video or something, to cut the size down?

This is an easy one. Split the file using WinRar (add to archive, cut it however you want - like 350,000,000 or something) then burn both files to disk. Copy both files to the same directory in your other computer, Extract, and it'll come out as one movie.

I do a lot of file sharing, particuraly using sendspace, which is an absolute bitch when it comes to upload limits. ^_^

Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 -- it has the ability to create/burn dvds from the program, so far as I've read. Look into it.

This is an easy one. Split the file using WinRar (add to archive, cut it however you want - like 350,000,000 or something) then burn both files to disk. Copy both files to the same directory in your other computer, Extract, and it'll come out as one movie.

I do a lot of file sharing, particuraly using sendspace, which is an absolute bitch when it comes to upload limits. ^_^

Worked like a charm. Thanks! :)

Magix Movie Edit Pro is the EASIEST movie editing tool by far that I have seen.

http://site.magix.net/english-us/home/vide...ie-edit-pro-11/

There are several torrents floating with it for download and also, for DVD ripping, I would give DVD Shrink a try, which can be found via Google on several sites.