TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gWIL

What do you want to see at Bound for Glory?

Some debate has sprung up, over this so I figured we could use a thread on it. This is what I'd like to see...

NWA Heavyweight Championship

Jeff Jarrett vs. Samoa Joe

The logical payoff to Jarrett having the title is seeing him get choked the fuck out.

Christian vs. Sting

If they can hold this off till Bound for Glory, Christian could be put over huge as a heel at their biggest show of the year.

X-Division Championship

Senshi vs. Jay Lethal

Have Lethal win his first title at the big show.

Monster’s Ball Match

For the #1 Contendership

Monty Brown vs. Abyss vs. Rhino vs. Scott Steiner vs. Raven vs. Brother Runt

Make it into a 6-way match gets Raven on the card and he wouldn't have to do much. Runt could be there just to get his ass kicked and take some sick bumps. Gets all these guys on the card and it being for the #1 Contendership gives it meaning and gets the hardcore match on the show, that TNA seems to like to have.

NWA Tag Team Championship

Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles vs. the Naturals

The Naturals go on a roll and get their shot at the titles. Simple enough booking.

Chris Sabin vs. Kevin Nash II

If they can keep those two out of another 1 on 1 match till Bound for Glory, this could give Sabin a huge win.

Alex Shelley vs. Eric Young

Both these guys deserve to be on the card somehow.

LAX vs. The James Gang

It be nice to have LAX on the card and here The James Gang can put them over.

Then they would likely have some sort of X-Division elimination match to open the show.

Left off: Ron Killings, AMW

Id agree with pretty much all that, but i wouldnt have LAX against the James Gang. Sure, put LAX on the card, but not against them again.

ANd you need Killings on the card, put him in the monsters ball match instead of Runt. Or, add him in and have the return of Jeff Hardy.

And alex shelly vs Eric young just wouldnt makes sence, but they DO need to be on the card.

I like Joe/Jarrett and Sting/Christian as the top two matches for BFG. Other than that, I don't know what direction they'll go. Obviously, Rhino's got to have a big match since it'll be his homecoming, so maybe they'll blow off his feud with Monty is some gimmick match. I could see Styles and Daniels facing Kazarian and Bentley, or the Naturals. Outside of that, who knows?

Bound For Glory needs to end with Joe choking someone out for the title.

I'd prefer it be Sting...but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

If they can keep Sting and Christian apart and have their first match at BFG...that would be pretty cool.

We have two more ppvs before BFG but since we all know those ppvs is consider throwaways we mightest well skip them. This is not a dream card just a prediction.

Joe vs.JJ seems to be the number 1 plan. I think the match should have a clean pinfall without interference or weapons.

Sting vs.Christian seems to be in the plans

Monty Brown vs.Rhino vs.Abyss vs.Killings vs. Steiner in a monsters ball match, I know for sure TNA will do this match.

AMW vs. James Gang with AMW finally breaking up

AJ/Daniels vs. Naturals for the tag titles seems highly possible

Nash vs. Sabin part II seems highly possible

Senshi defending his title in a Gauntlet against Williams,Dutt,Homicide,Kazarian,Bentley,Lynn,Runt,Lethal,Devine,Shelley, with a Jeff Hardy return. Probably will happen

Young vs. Roode with D'Amore

Just a prediction card

As long as Joe wins the title in the best way possible than nothing else really matters.

Joe vs JJ vs Sting for the NWA championship

X Division gauntlet match to be #1 contender

Rhino vs.Abyss vs. Steiner vs Christian in a monsters ball match

Naturals vs AMW the losing team must break up and the winner gets title shot against AJ/Daniels later in the show

Senshi vs Homicide for the X division championship

Monty Brown vs Ron Killings

A1 vs Hernandez opening match

-Sting© vs Joe vs Jarrett For the World Title

This is where Joe wins the title and he chokes out JJ to do while Sting is being destracted by Christian who just won the #1 Contender

-AJ/Daniels© vs Homicide/Hernandez in a final battle

LAX gets the win here with the help of Konnan and become the new Tag Team Chamions

-Senshi© vs Jay Letal for the X-Division Title

Senshi takes the win with The Warriors Way. Jay Lethal gets a rematch on Impact and wins there

-Bently/Kazarian vs The James Gang

Bently and Kazarian go over here

-Brother Runt vs Abyss in a Full Metal Mayhem Match

Brother Runt takes the beating and he looses due to a returning 3D turning on him

-Raven vs Killings vs Rhino vs Steiner vs Christian Cage for the #1 Contender for the World Title

Christian gets the win here and it leads to his turn on Sting...finally in the main event

-X-Division Gaulntlet for the Gold #1 Contender match

This is really up in the air. It depends who is brought in and who is being used but I will say Sunjay Dutt gets the win

-Bobby Roode vs Eric Young

Grude match with EY picking up the win due to a mixup in communication between Roode and his new manager

-The Paparazzi vs Chris Sabin and Jerry Lynn

Keven NAsh isn't there due to health resons and Sabin/Lynn pick up the win so each man can move on to a new feud

Pre-show match:

-A-1/Random Partner vs The Naturals

Their push goes nowhere and they win here and still are getting browbeat by Shane Douglas

Guest Chris Xtreme

Samoa Joe vs Jeff Jerratt for the NWA World Title

Joe makes Jerratt tap to win the NWA World Title.

Christian Cage vs Sting

Christian Cage defeats Sting.

Chris Sabin vs Kevin Nash, in a loser leaves the x division match

Sabin gets the blow off win over Nash

Alex Shelly vs Senshi for the X Divison title

Shelly defeats Senshi for the X Divison title

Rhino vs Stiener vs Ron Killings vs Abyss in a Monsters Ball match for the new created World TV title

Abyss wins and becomes the first World TV champion

LAX vs Styles and Daniels for the tag titles

LAX defeats Syles and Daniels to become NWA Tag Team Champions

Naturals vs AMW

The Naturals defeat AMW.

Team 3D Vs Diamonds In the Rough

Team 3D defeats Diamonds and the Rough ( leading to their break up)

Sunjay Dutt vs Jay Lethal vs Petey Williams vs Austin Starr In an ultimate X match

Sunjay Dutt win the match to become the number 1 contender to the X title

Pre Show

James Gang vs Monty Brown and Jerrelle Clark ( Monty destorys Clark afterwards in a storyline where he searches for a good partner)

I think it's really foolish for TNA to have so many "big match payoffs" potentially setup for a show in October, when realistically they need to be delivering big matches every single month.

They don't have the luxury being the WWE and having a "filler" period in between January and April every year where they can just wait for the big match payoffs.

For what they're paying for big contracts like Nash and Sting, as well as lower contracts like Christian and Team 3D, they need to be justified THIS WEEK, NEXT WEEK, and every PPV. But sadly with 1 hour of TV each week, this can't possibly happen.

Joe vs Jarrett World Title Match

- Joe beats Jarrett cleanly

Sting vs Christian

- Christian beats Sting thanks to Bobby Roode and A1, his new lackeys

Winner gets shot at Styles/Daniels later in the show

LAX vs Team 3d vs AMW vs Natuals vs James Gang

-Winner is LAX

Chris Sabin vs Kevin Nash

-After some tension with kevin nash, Alex Shelly turns on Nash and helps Sabin get the pin

LAX vs Styles/Daniels

-LAX wins with help from Konnan

Rhino vs Brother Runt vs Monty Brown vs Abyss in Monsters Ball

-Rhino wins

Sonjay Dutt vs Petey Williams vs Alex Shelley vs Jay Lethal vs Senshi in Ultimate X

- Alex Shelly wins the X division title thanks to Johnny Devine

Pre Show

Johnny Devine and Austin Starr beat Kazarian and Matt Bentley

Guest Chris Xtreme
I think it's really foolish for TNA to have so many "big match payoffs" potentially setup for a show in October, when realistically they need to be delivering big matches every single month.

They don't have the luxury being the WWE and having a "filler" period in between January and April every year where they can just wait for the big match payoffs.

For what they're paying for big contracts like Nash and Sting, as well as lower contracts like Christian and Team 3D, they need to be justified THIS WEEK, NEXT WEEK, and every PPV. But sadly with 1 hour of TV each week, this can't possibly happen.

I think TNA is doing a great job with their ppvs. I enjoy them much more than the WWE ones. Everyone feels like an event to me. Sure there is always room for improvement, but I just don't get all the hate for TNA PPVS. When the WWE PPVS are the ones that seem bland to me, except for a few occastions.

I think TNA is doing a great job with their ppvs. I enjoy them much more than the WWE ones. Everyone feels like an event to me. Sure there is always room for improvement, but I just don't get all the hate for TNA PPVS. When the WWE PPVS are the ones that seem bland to me, except for a few occastions.

THis year ppvs have been pretty average compare to last year's when they were giving us at least 4 great matches per show. Victory Road did not have a great match at all. None of the ppvs this year had MOTYC which is NOT like TNA. TNA only care about the major ppvs this year which is a BAD idea. Like the other poster said, they don't have the luxury of a WWE to pull that off.

Sure the ratings is up but according to Meltzer the ppv buyrates is down except for the major ppvs(Lockdown and FR which both feature the return of Sting).

This is true that TNA's PPVs this year have not been any where near as good as last years, but they've still been enjoyable (unlike WWEs)

Not matter what match Rhino is in, he'll win. And i like the idea of Roode vs EY, and LAX getting the gold.

Sting vs. Joe (World Title)(The problem with JJ/Joe is that it would mean Jarrett would go over Sting, and that fued hasn't been going on for nearly a year for Sting to just lose in his first one-on-one match with JJ. Sorry, Jeff, but you gotta put over Sting at Hard Justice, and no, you can't just win it right back. Sting putting over Joe is just as well)

Christian vs. Jarrett vs. Raven (#1 Contender) (Christian would win when Raven knocks out JJ and lets himself get pinned just to keep JJ from winning. That sets up Christian/Joe and also JJ vs. Raven, where Raven can work his way back up and JJ can work his way down. Throw in a PPV tag of Sting/Raven vs. JJ/Steiner and it makes it even better, as I'd have Raven get back his win over Jarrett in a Loser Leaves Town match)

Rhino vs. Steiner (Another match to put over Rhino huge. He works best as a heel or at least as a badass tweener. He would move on to fued with Sting after this)

Killings vs. Monty (Monty needs the win here, and should start working his way back up through guys like Steiner, Jarrett, and maybe Sting if there's time. I could see him challenging Joe in a good fued, but not winning)

Abyss vs. Runt (squash match, but I'd have Team 3D turn on Runt and help Abyss beat him down. Then Runt could join the James Gang as their sidekick. Abyss needs someone new to work a good fued with. Someone to be the Tanaka to his Mike Awesome)

AJ/Daniels vs. LAX (Tag Titles) (The LAX is finally entertaining the way they've got it now. Daniels needs to move back to the X Division because a fued between him and Senshi would own all, and Styles should get back into the ME)

James Gang vs. AMW (AMW needs to take some time off so they can make a big return. They're doing well as heels, so they shouldn't turn face by any means)

Bentley/Kazarian vs. Naturals (Bentley and Kazarian would lose this, but I think if they hooked up with the James Gang. Those two teams could work together as a dominant stable just interested in controlling the tag division, and also have the old attitude of DX but not solely old guys)

Senshi vs. Lynn or Aries (X Title) (Senshi just needs a good opponent, because its way too soon here for him to lose the belt. He needs to be the loner champion who isn't involved in the current X Division storyline, and is just kicking ass left and right)

Lethal/Dutt/Young vs. Shelley/Devine/Petey (Petey would do well joining Nash's stable, and him working against a former teammate would also be cool)

Sabin vs. Nash (Like someone's already said, this rematch could be great, with Sabin getting his revenge on Nash while Nash's cronies get the win in their match due to Young being the weak link)

This is true, but you've got to consider the fact they are actually going to be drawing a house at this Pay Per View since it's in a different market in Detroit, so they have to have a big show to get butts in the seats and make money.

But I agree. TNA's done a lousy job of it. Like, what exactly about the last PPV mattered? I was at Slammiversary and that felt like a big deal, but Victory Road or whatever it's called sounded shitty.

There is no reason Joe should win. He needs to chase the title before he gets it. It will draw out the match, make for more ppvs, and net TNA more money. Blowing your wad in one shot is not a good long term move, especially since you know Jarrett wants the belt back asap. So let him hold it a little while longer, then finally Joe beats teh funk outta him and goes on a 6th month rampage.

While looking at these ideas, I cant get why anyone wants to see Jarrett v. Joe. We all know what would be the expected result (Joe over Jarrett clean), they already scrapped in that tag match on the ppv a few weeks ago, in which Jarrett there also put Joe over clean, so what is there to really NEED to see with those two again? They've done the standard babyface beats Jarrett clean and wins the NWA title from him now twice in the last 18 months with Styles and Christian and neither idea drew real legitimate interest and sparked a strong surge of a credible title reign for either, and all it led to was Jarrett winning the title back in both occasions. Isnt it time Jarrett is COMPLETELY out of the title picture ASAP? They also need to blow off Sting/Jarrett and no way should Sting be putting him over as well. You guys fucking confuse me, one second everyone cant stand Jarrett on top, and now you all WANT him to be the fallguy to Joe when there are plenty others that will mean so much more in that role? Plus building Jarrett up to Joe in a three month stretch? Do you know how fucking annoying and painstaking that is going to be to watch? Jarrett has almost ALWAYS been the fallguy to transition the belt off to "the man" - isn't it time to take a look back, see that didnt work before, and realize that Joe is that important to treat with more respect with him winning the title than to have him work a shitty match with Jarrett to win the belt? Plus if he beats Jarrett again, I can almost guarantee there will be a reciept there.

What needs to happen is Sting over Jarrett, then a Christian heel turn so Christian and Sting can continue to feud for many months. In the interim the big title match w/ Sting v. Joe is built for BFG.

It needs to be Joe vs. Sting at BFG.

Joe beating Sting will mean more than Joe beating Jarrett, whether it’s for the title or not. The fans have twice seen someone beat Jarrett for the title and then Jarrett wind up getting the belt back relatively quickly. Having Joe beat Jarrett for the belt runs a very real risk of people thinking that they’re going to see the same thing again, with Joe getting the belt for a few months before it goes back to Jarrett again.

What the fans have not seen before is Joe beating Sting. Joe vs. Sting makes sense because they have still to resolve the issue of Joe shaking Sting’s hand at Sacrifice only to leave him to get laid out by Jarrett and Steiner. After Joe beats Sting for the title, the next night on Impact they can have Joe shake Sting’s hand, before teasing Joe leaving Sting to get another beatdown from Jarrett and Steiner, only for Joe to finally make the save. Joe can then tell Sting he’s earned his respect at last because he finally faced him in the ring, while Sting can tell Joe, and the fans, that Joe has proven he’s the man and that he is the man to carry TNA. This can bring out Jarrett and Steiner, they can go back and forth to set up Sting/Joe vs. Jarrett/Steiner as the main event that night, and they can run an angle at the end of the match to set up Joe vs. Jarrett as the main event of the next PPV.

Samoa Joe beating Sting for the belt means people will see Joe beating a guy who was seen as one of the top names from wrestling’s boom period, and that alone means Joe’s big World title win will mean far more if it’s against Sting than Jarrett. It will not just be Joe winning the World title, but it will be the rubber-stamping of the new face of wrestling, Joe, beating the old face of wrestling, Sting, and that will do wonders for the perception that TNA is about the new rather than the old.

On second thought, screw Joe. Alex Shelley should win the World Title at BFG.

And Nash can take the X Division title from Sabin.

I don't have to accept Joe. He's fat and does promos while he's high. Forget you guys.

How about Joe vs Sting vs Jarrett? I just don't see Sting vs Joe at BFG. Especially by the booking.

The 3 way dance could be a good idea (could be like Douglas/Sabu/Funk).

But where does that leave christian cage?

Man, that is hard. The possibilities are endless. Anyways, I`ll give it a go:

1. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Sting © vs Samoa Joe

2. Full Methal Mayhem match for the NWA World Tag Team Titles: AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels © vs Team 3D vs America`s Most Wanted vs LAX

3. TNA X Division Title: Senshi © vs Austin "Starr" Aries

4. 10-man Gauntlet for a shot at the NWA World Heavyweight Title: Scott Steiner vs Monty Brown vs Christian Cage vs Ron Killings vs Bobby Roode vs Rhino vs Jeff Hardy vs Lance Hoyt vs Abyss vs Brother Runt

5. Grudge match: Jeff Jarrett vs Raven

6. Whoever gets pinned must leave the X Division FOREVER: Chris Sabin/Jay Lethal/Jerry Lynn vs Kevin Nash/Alex Shelley/Johnny Devine

7. The Naturals vs The James Gang

8. X Division 4-way elimination match for a shot at the X Division Title: Sonjay Dutt vs Petey Williams vs Puma vs Eric Young

9.Pre-Show: Kazarian & Bentley vs The Diamonds in the Rough

Explainations:

9 - Just your filler match for the pre-show;

8 - Pretty much every TNA PPV has one match like that - filler spotfest. So it being a number one contender`s match actually makes it mean *something*. Btw, TNA give Puma a contract already!

7 - Now this match does not look likely to happen. Anyways, in order for this to work one of the teams has to be turned. I`m thinking it could go both ways. I prefer the James Gang as heels and I really think TNA should turn them soon. However, I could also see this Shane Douglas storyline resulting in a Naturals turn - Douglas keeps on being unsatisfied with his boys, they start using dirty tactics in order to achieve what Douglas expects of them, Douglas being the heel that he is at heart approves their actions and there you have it. Either way, The Naturals pick up an important victory over an established team at TNA`s biggest PPV of the year as they progress toward NWA Tag Team gold;

6 - First off, I gotta say that the Nash/Shelley/Devine trio is pure awesomeness, comedic gold. Yet, one of those days Nash has got to stop messing around with the X Division and TNA`s biggest show of the year seems like a good time to do it. Nash gets pinned by Lethal or Sabin, gets banned from wrestling in the X Division which in turn could lead to one of two things - Kevin Nash in a non-wrestling role as "coach Nash" for the Shelley/Devine team or Nash going back to the heavyweight division where he can get choked by Joe or some other up-and-comer, or he can leave TNA. What would I prefer? Coach Nash rules!

5 - After their really fun brawl on Impact I`d really love to seem them going at it again. It was Larry Z. and Jarrett who screwed Raven out of his NWA World Title, and since he already took care of Larry, now it`s time to settle the score with Jarrett. Arguably one of the biggest fued in TNA`s history (Raven vs Jarrett in 2003) sees it`s final chapter closed at TNA`s biggest show to date;

6. One of the bigger problems I encountered when I tried to do the BFG 2006 card was the number of people that were going to be left off the show. So I came up with the idea for the gauntlet. Basically, lots of guys go on the record how they want a NWA Title shot and put the belt over as the most important thing in the world. Jim Cornette makes this match to determine who deserves the shot. I`m all about giving people second chances so I think this would be a good time to give another chance to Lance Hoyt and Jeff Hardy, especially Hardy. I still think he has something to offer to TNA in terms of recognisability and merchandise sales. The last entrant is Brother Runt mainly because I don`t see him fitting very well in the X Division as he`s at his best when he`s getting beat up by bigger dudes. Anyways, he`s not a dead-set pick by any means. You can easily put somebody else in there;

7. Your X Division Title match. Two of the new faces of the X Division square off for the belt. Bring "Hard Gay meets Jesse Ventura & Adrian Adonis" Austin Aries back on tv damn it! That gimmick was all kinds of fun;

8. It`s really beyond me why TNA hasn`t went for this type of a match yet. Everybody knows Full Methal Mayhem is basically a TLC match so I really don`t see why TNA wouldn`t try to do such a match. I honestly think there`s a void for TLC matches since these matches are still one of the most talked about matches whenever I discuss wrestling with some of the more casual viewers. I`m kind of thinking TNA would opt to go with Team 3D vs Styles & Daniels for BFG 2006 but I really prefer my suggestion a lot more. Just think of some way to book AMW into this match since they had their "last shot" at Victory Road (for example: have them attack Styles & Daniels so viciously that Styles & Daniels demand AMW get included in the match just so that they can get their hands on them). AMW & Team 3D have history, Styles/Daniels & AMW have history, LAX & Styles/Daniels would have some history at that point so it`s really one big mix of feuds and storylines. In this match you`d also have guys who can take bumps, you`d have Hernandez looking like a beast throwing people around, you`d have Team 3D being over with the crowd. Basically all the key ingredients for a good TLC match seem to be there;

9. Sting passes the torch to Joe in a clean fashion, it`s as simple as that. Joe officially becomes DA MAN.

The 3 way dance could be a good idea (could be like Douglas/Sabu/Funk).

But where does that leave christian cage?

Playing the role of Stevie Richards.

FYI:

Tickets for the 10/22 Bound for Glory PPV will go on sale on 8/5 via Ticketmaster and the Compuware Sports Arena Box office in Plymouth, Michigan. The local promotion for the PPV will be handled by Dave Martin (who owns local indy Primetime Wrestling) and Scott D'Amore. As noted earlier today on PWInsider.com, there will be a Fanfest the day before as well.

credit: PWI

Guest Chris Xtreme
It needs to be Joe vs. Sting at BFG.

Joe beating Sting will mean more than Joe beating Jarrett, whether it’s for the title or not. The fans have twice seen someone beat Jarrett for the title and then Jarrett wind up getting the belt back relatively quickly. Having Joe beat Jarrett for the belt runs a very real risk of people thinking that they’re going to see the same thing again, with Joe getting the belt for a few months before it goes back to Jarrett again.

What the fans have not seen before is Joe beating Sting. Joe vs. Sting makes sense because they have still to resolve the issue of Joe shaking Sting’s hand at Sacrifice only to leave him to get laid out by Jarrett and Steiner. After Joe beats Sting for the title, the next night on Impact they can have Joe shake Sting’s hand, before teasing Joe leaving Sting to get another beatdown from Jarrett and Steiner, only for Joe to finally make the save. Joe can then tell Sting he’s earned his respect at last because he finally faced him in the ring, while Sting can tell Joe, and the fans, that Joe has proven he’s the man and that he is the man to carry TNA. This can bring out Jarrett and Steiner, they can go back and forth to set up Sting/Joe vs. Jarrett/Steiner as the main event that night, and they can run an angle at the end of the match to set up Joe vs. Jarrett as the main event of the next PPV.

Samoa Joe beating Sting for the belt means people will see Joe beating a guy who was seen as one of the top names from wrestling’s boom period, and that alone means Joe’s big World title win will mean far more if it’s against Sting than Jarrett. It will not just be Joe winning the World title, but it will be the rubber-stamping of the new face of wrestling, Joe, beating the old face of wrestling, Sting, and that will do wonders for the perception that TNA is about the new rather than the old.

Even though my card had Joe vs Jerratt, I'd rather see Joe go over Sting. The thing that scares me though is that TNA isn't going to give the title to Joe at BFG. There was some promotional material released for BFG ( at the Detroit Smackdown taping, or passed out outside it anyway) that showed Sting and Christian together with Rhino and Jerratt together. I know that this doesn't mean anything. But I just hope there not stupid enough to think Rhino and Jerratt should headline the biggest show of the year (and the company's history). To me, Joe should go over if this is the kind of show they are trying to create. I love what their doing with Rhino right now, but I wouldn't push him ahead of Joe like he is the next big thing. Rhino can be a legimate main eventer but Joe is the future and present of the company. If they can't see that then their blind.

According to the Torch Joe doesn't have anyone in the company that he is in with. So no one is specifically trying to look out for his best interests. Guys like Rhino and Christian are favorites Scott Da'moure.

Now obviously they are pushing Joe as something big. But stuff like that just makes me fear their gonna drop the ball with him. And I am usually optimistic when it comes to TNA. I just don't see the logic of pushing Rhino, Jerrate, Sting, and Christain on the biggest show of the year over Joe. Who is clearly the biggest star the company has ever created. Who gives a shit if he was ever a star in WCW/WWE. They can't base their promotion on only the past, if they want to have a good future. Hopefully TNA is smart enough to continue to rally around Joe, and perhaps even turn it up a notch with him.

The only plausible reason I could thing of to not give the title to Joe at BFG is to make a slow burn angle out of it. If they legitmately want to draw it out to get more heat and make a long build. But if they go this route they have to give Joe compelling storylines and make him look really good. It needs to be clear that he is the face of the company, with or without the belt.

This next idea is of course highly unlikely. But, if they could bring Goldberg in to job to Joe at BFG; that would be the only other reason I would have to not have Joe take the belt. We all know that isn't going to happen. But I suppose its not completely impossible.