TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Fantasy Football

Loving my team...although I should probably have taken the -2 for sacks into account when I grabbed Carr :ph34r: My RB and WR depth is insane and getting Jon Kitna in the 13th in a Martz offense...*shakes head at you all*

My only weak spot is at the QB position but if Kitna can carry me for most of the season, I'm not that concerned. Kubiak should help Carr out in terms of lowering the sack numbers too...I hope. I like the Rams D to improve, esp. in regards to sacks.

QB: Jon Kitna (200)

RB: Brian Westbrook (8)

RB: Warrick Dunn (40)

WR: Chris Chambers (25)

WR: Joe Horn (89)

W/R: Isaac Bruce (136)

TE: Kellen Winslow (185)

K: Joe Nedney (217)

DEF: St. Louis Rams (232)

Bench

QB: David Carr (168)

RB: DeShaun Foster (57)

RB: Mike Bell (121)

WR: Ernest Wilford (104)

WR: Laveraneus Coles (72)

TE: Alex Smith (153)

The good news today was that the 49ers traded Barlow essentially making Frank GORE! GORE! GORE! the starter which gives me 2 starting RBs. Other than that and getting Peyton, my team sucks though...I can't believe how much better I did on the first draft.

QB P. Manning

WR D. Jackson

WR Ma. Jones

RB C. Taylor

RB F. Gore

TE R. McMichael

W/R B. Lloyd

BN

M. Anderson

A. Brooks

B. Engram

S. Parker

D. Graham

K M. Stover

BN O. Mare

DEF Washington

Guest Princess Leena

I didn't see the Sacks (-2) thing there. Eek. That's really gonna lower QB value. Glad I didn't bother getting any until round 6.

I would have scooped up Kitna much earlier if McCown wasn't there in Detroit.

Liking my team a tad more with Barlow definitely getting more playing time in NY.

QB Culpepper(Please be healthy)

QB Rivers(Please dont suck)

RB Rudi Johnson

RB J. Jones

RB K. Barlow

RB M. Turner

RB. M. Moore

RB L. White

(too many RB's here and I need some reciever help so feel free to make some offers.

WR Owens

WR Galloway

WR Jennings

TE Cooley(Love this guy)

K Kasay

Def Pittsburgh

Def Buffalo

Looking for some opinions here:

Who would you keep in this scenario? Frank Gore or Chris Chambers. Rules of the draft are whoever I keep becomes my 8th round pick, so both are a value there. I have the number 4 pick in a 10 team draft.

Option A:

Keep Gore (now a no.1 RB, on a bad team)

Draft Tiki Barber

Use rounds 2 and 3 on stud WRs (with the way RBs fly I should get two out of Smith/Johnson/Fitz/Holt)

B:

Keep Chambers

Draft Barber

Take lower tier RB in round 2 (Dominick Davis/Westbrook/maybe Reggie Bush)

Stud WR in 3

Basically, do you think there is a bigger difference between Gore/2nd tier RBs or Chambers/Stud WRs?

Guest Princess Leena

I'd go with B. I'm higher on Chambers than most, though... I have him as a Top 10 receiver. Plus, I'm always for getting the best RB's you can get. Gore is still a major injury concern, the 9ers still blow, and Hicks is going to get some playing time. If it's PPR, you get Westbrook/Bush immediately.

Okay, the ESPN League didn't work out, so we have a third Yahoo league instead. Draft is 24 hours from now. Two spots left.

ID#: 530756

Password: TSMPIT

7am for a draft? Wow, I like that draft time. I can actually make it. ^_^ Keep it, keep it, keep it.

Otherwise I'm probably no showing the draft. Oh well, auto setting the picks so I at least have a chance.

7am ET = 11pm here. That's the price you pay when you have an Australian commish :)

Guest Princess Leena

6am for me. I doubt I'm going to make it. :P I'll pre-rank, though.

Had our draft last night, we have a 10 team league where everybody has to keep one player and then you get a supplemental pick if you only kept one before the draft.

QB - Drew Bledsoe

QB - Brett Favre

RB - Julius Jones

RB - Ronnie Brown

RB - Deuce McAllister

RB - Frank Gore

RB - DeAngelo Williams

RB - Marion Barber III

WR - Marvin Harrison

WR - Plaxico Burress

WR - Donald Driver

WR - Drew Bennett

WR - Cheech Henry

TE - Heath Miller

TE - Dallas Clark

D - Baltimore

No kicker yet, figured I would just wait until opening night in case any injuries happened before the regular season.

7am ET = 11pm here. That's the price you pay when you have an Australian commish :)

Well it's 9 A.M. for me during history class. I might be able to make it if I can use my laptop during class. but i pre-ranked to make sure. Hopefully it doesn't fuck me over.

In the 2nd league..Frank GORE GORE GORE! is all kinds of awesome 2 TDs and about 150 yards of total offense..Im losing but I've got Peyton Manning, Taylor, Lloyd and the Skins Defense to make up a current 75-56 defecit.

In the first league..I should have started Eric Moulds of all people.. Chester Taylor and Oakland need to have a big night tomorrow.

Guest Princess Leena

Getting spanked in the 1st league. LJ didn't play up to his usual standards. McMichael, Kennison horrible days vs. a good team.

2nd team looks like an easy win.

Leena, I'm facing you in the ESPN league but I fucked up by leaving Davis in the lineup. I couldn't log into ESPN for the longest so I just ignored it. My Yahoo teams are looking good though...

There are some pretty pathetic teams in league 1. Chosen Ones may not break 10 points for the entire week.

That would be my oppnent LOL. And it's only gonna get worse. I don't know if the ESPN league still counts but I logged in and it's up there.

Well, I'm actually down 90-81 in the TSM B league (my only fantasy league), but I've got three players going Monday night, so unless they all bomb, it should be a victory. Tony Gonzalez came up huge for me today with 24 points.

I should've stuck with Gonzo in the Ben Graham Yahoo league. I instead went with the matchup strategy and started Watson against Buffalo. Now I'm going to have a tough time winning my matchup.