TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Favorite Ham 'N Eggers

I always liked Larry Santo, owner of the world's ugliest wrestling trunks.

Lord Steven Regal made this guy look like a superstar in a four-minute match on WCW Saturday Night in 1994.

I always liked Barry Horrowitz. Espically while he was in WCW and would pat himself on the back after executing a move.

The first wrestling shows I ever watched were WCW Saturday Nights, so I have a soft spot for some jobbers. "Hole in one" Barry Darsow and High Voltage were my favorites. Another great jobber team was Disorderly Conduct because they had such jobber names (Tough Tom and Mean Mike). Roadblock was good for comedy value too.

I remember a match I saw live for a WCW Saturday Night taping that had Disorderly Conduct taking on Malenko and Benoit while they were members of the 4 Horsemen. Conduct was actually not that bad of a team either.

I was always a sucker for Jerry Lynn's J.L. character.

Judo Joe Blackbelt.

As far as I know, he only had one match back in 1985 on WWF Championship Wrestling vs Ken Patera.

This may have been the greatest squash match ever. After Patera, it was time for everyones hero Judo Joe to be introduced....."And his opponent......JUDO JOE BLACKBELT!!!!!! "Two spinkicks in the air later, Judo Joe was layed out with a clothesline and finished off with a full nelson.

This was GOLD.

Scott D'Amore, way back in 95, complete with full head of mullet and ugly singlet. He got in Amhed Johnson's face and even slapped him. I laughed at his ensuing destruction.

My favorite was a guy named "The Gambler" he had the jacket and Gambler logo on the back of his trunks.

you forgot his deck of card sthat he would throw at his opponent or the ref. that was awesome. I always thought it would be funny if he used them to give a paper cut to a guy.

Horowitz is probbably the most famous due to his shocking win over Skip on SUperstars/challenge in 95, though I didnt consider him full jobber cuz I remember his successful GWF run when he named himself The Winner after cheaply winning a match, then used that momentum to win the lightheavyweight title IIRC

Then again I always liked Brooklyn Brawler since he is a NYer and wore a Yankees shirt (untill his lame heel turn on Heidenreich last year lol) hell he beat HHH. Hes got to be the best right

I remember a guy called Pat Rose from early 90's WCW, just a big fat lad with a tache. I always wanted him to get in some offence, never happened tho.

I always liked the masked jobbers WWF and WCW would sometimes have in the early '90s. One of the funniest was a guy in WCW called "The Medic" who wrestled in a medical mask and green scrubs.

Wasn't it WCW who hosted a pay-per-view on or near a U.S. military base and had Sting face a wrestler named "The Terrorist"? I remember reading that somewhere and it made me laugh since in the real world I doubt the U.S. military would willingly allow a terrorist to come onto its territory even for a wrestling match.

I think I now have a new favorite squash match. I just checked out a Headshrinkers vs. Virgil/Red Tyler match from Challenge the weekend of the I-C Battle Royal as that was being hyped.

- Virgil gets ambushed at the onset yet gets his token offense in. Virgil handles both Headshrinkers until he tries the double noggin-knocker spot that never works on those guys. Virgil gets laid out but makes the tag to Tyler.

- Both Headshrinkers are still in the ring yet Tyler ducks a double clothesline and actually decks Samu/Fatu w/ one of his own. He then goes to the top for a high-cross body but gets caught. However, at the other corner, Virgil comes off the top w/ a dropkick to Tyler's back to put him on top of both Shrinkers for 2.5 count.

- Now, they're pissed as they KO Virgil w/ a double thrust kick. Referee Bill Alphonso tries to revive Virgil, but can't. However, he doesn't call for the bell since Tyler is the legal man. Alphonso rolls an unconscious Virgil into his corner as the Headshrinkers bloody up and decimate Tyler. The fans start a "Virgil" chant in the hopes that he can recover and help his partner. He doesn't move a muscle as Tyler is finished off w/ the Shinkers' double-team faceplant.

Sorry for the lengthy recap of a jobber match, but damn, it was quite the unexpected spectacle.

Did Barry Darsow ever do any jobs w/ the Hole-in-One gimmick? I just remember him beating the crap out of people when he had them putt instead of wrestle.

And yeah, ham-n-egger was Bobby Heenan's lingo for a jobber back in the 1980s-90s.

I know Darsow did lots of jobs on Saturday Night, but they may all have been pre-hole in one gimmick.

The best moment was when he was scheduled to face Tokyo Magnum and offered to do the putting challenge instead. Magnum accepted and lined up to putt, but Darsow told him he was doing it wrong. He showed him the "proper" way to putt (laying down and poking the ball like the club was a pool cue). Magnum looked confused but laid down and tried to line up his shot. Except as soon as he laid down, Darsow hit him with an elbow drop.

I'm not sure if that turned into a match or not, but it was funny as hell.

I was a Mulkeymaniac back in the day...the Mulkey Brothers were gold!

I also had a soft spot in my heart for the best NWA jobber ever...Shaska (Pistol Pez) Whatley.

Does anyone remember in the WWF circa 1990, a jobber known as "the White Knight?" I swear I remember seeing this guy on more than one occasion.

Does anyone remember in the WWF circa 1990, a jobber known as "the White Knight?" I swear I remember seeing this guy on more than one occasion.

I remember a Black Knight, but a White one escapes me.

A couple of jobbers I liked in WCW were Hard at Work Bobby Walker and also the current real life pimp Hardbody Harrison.