TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest silentmichael

Ninja Turtles Official Teaser

Eh.

Is this movie necessary? I mean kids of today probably aren't familiar with TMNT, and those of us who grew up with this 'toon have already endured one pretty decent flick, two awful flicks, and a crappy return to the toon world.

Is this movie necessary? I mean kids of today probably aren't familiar with TMNT, and those of us who grew up with this 'toon have already endured one pretty decent flick, two awful flicks, and a crappy return to the toon world.

As much as I loved the original 90s toon, the recent TMNT cartoon from the last few years is a MUCH better show. Both in terms of production values, storylines, and overall quality. Plus it was a lot more faithful to the comic book.

3/30 is a horrible date to release a movie.

As opposed to releasing it in the summer so it can get lost in a crowded field of other summer big budget comedy and action films?

all kids will want to see this...even if they don't know who the TMNT are...it's CGI, they will go see it.

Guest The Great Muta

CGI turtles...eh. For some reason this movie has "box office bomb" written all over it. Wait, what am I saying? All CGI movies seem to do amazing at the box office...nevermind.

nothing will top the original cartoon IMO, but thats just bias cuz I wa s a kid then. plus the first two movies were great ( I went to see it on opening weekend in 90)

the third basically sucked.

I saw some of the newer show and it wasnt that great to me, but then again I am 23 years old now so....

cgi movie though? hmmmmm

They're probably a bit too thin, but it's not far off from how they often appeared originally.

And yes, the new series is better than the old. As beloved as it was, it was more or less a bastardization.

This movie seems to want to depect the Turtles in a slightly darker and more serious manner, the original theme music would just be out of place. My nephews watch the new TNMT cartoon so I have seen a couple of episodes, and it's actually pretty good. Much better than the original cartoon that came out years ago.

Chalk me up on the side of "new TMNT toon > original TMNT toon." I actually found a few copies of the original comic, the Fugitoid series, and the show was scene-for-panel the comics. The only thing edited was the dialogue, pretty much.

Guest cardsfan31

Original TMNT theme song> New TMNT theme song

but the new series is better

my humble opinion