TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Any weed smokers here???

So do you think that alcohol should be illegalized? It can unbalance mental states just as, if not easier, then weed.

Plus, something like 70% if all violent crime can be linked to alcohol.

If alcohol was already illegal (and like dope was established as an illegal drug), I wouldn't want it legalized. Why would you? It causes violence, liver disease, addiction, makes fat chicks attractive. Fuck that noise.

Guest DRH 502

Just out of curiousity, how much of what you are saying is based on first hand knowledge and experience??

You didn't answer my question, Chave. You just raised a bunch of other ones.

Do you think alcohol should be made illegal? I mean, you seem to think it's pretty bad; why wouldn't you want it made illegal?

Personally, I wouldn't care if booze was legal or not, cuz I don't drink very often.

And besides, weed doesn't cause liver damage or violence, doesn't have googles nearly as bad as booze ones, and from what I know, doesn't cause physical addictions, only mental ones.

You didn't answer my question, Chave. You just raised a bunch of other ones.

Do you think alcohol should be made illegal? I mean, you seem to think it's pretty bad; why wouldn't you want it made illegal?

Personally, I wouldn't care if booze was legal or not, cuz I don't drink very often.

And besides, weed doesn't cause liver damage or violence, doesn't have googles nearly as bad as booze ones, and from what I know, doesn't cause physical addictions, only mental ones.

Alcohol shouldn't be made illegal now because too many people are addicted or at least drink regularly. It didn't work in the prohibition era, it wouldn't work now. Theoretically though, if we were starting from scratch, I wouldn't want alcohol legalised. As you say, it's probably worse than weed.

Just out of curiousity, how much of what you are saying is based on first hand knowledge and experience??

I know a lot of people who have had long term mental effects caused by pot.

You can tell a lot of people who have been smoking it throughout teens.

Of those people though, how many of them are usually stoned when you see them?

Cuz it's easy to look at someone who you know smokes a lot of pot, and is currently high, and think they're a mess, but if they stopped smoking for a week, I bet it'd be harder to tell.

Cuz it's easy to look at someone who you know smokes a lot of pot, and is currently high, and think they're a mess, but if they stopped smoking for a week, I bet it'd be harder to tell.

Nah, people who have done it for ages have a spaced out quality to them. Their speach is a bit slurred, they've got a bit of a glazed look and they're a bit slower to react mentally, even when they're off it.

<_<)-->

QUOTE(<_< @ Jul 26 2006, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah, people who have done it for ages have a spaced out quality to them. Their speach is a bit slurred, they've got a bit of a glazed look and they're a bit slower to react mentally, even when they're off it.

That is a huge generalization. Out of the five or six people that I know who've been smoking since their teens, not one of them is like that. Are you basing this off of old hippie stereotypes...? Cuz, y'know, those hippies did a lot more than smoke weed.

Guest DRH 502

Yeah look at that Jon Stewart dude. Pot-head who is a complete moron. Please, I know lots of people who's mental compacity has dimished and haven't even touched a drug or alcohol in there whole life...its more genetics and/or people just being ignorant and going through life dismissing new ideas and refusing to further their life education.

End rant.

Guest Oblivious Heel
Weed reduces violence.

Until those hippies gather at a peace rally and the police beat them down.

Guest Felonies!
Yeah look at that Jon Stewart dude. Pot-head who is a complete moron.

Well, he has been going downhill.

Obviously it's not gonna affect everyone, but there's a slight look to a lot of people who have been doing weed constantly for years. It's not obvious (a la the hippie stereotype) but it's definiteley there.

I don't see why people don't get the fact that if you pump a psychoactive drug into your system on a constant basis over a long period of time it is going to affect you..

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I smoked weed every single day for about 8 years. I quit cold turkey, and still want to smoke it every single day almost a year later. I don't do it, but I want to. I still remember my 6th grade gym locker combination.

One of best friends used to live in apartment 420. It was the only way I ever remembered his apartment number.

I smoked weed every single day for about 8 years. I quit cold turkey, and still want to smoke it every single day almost a year later. I don't do it, but I want to. I still remember my 6th grade gym locker combination.

Is this an actual physical dependancy that you have to fight, or just like a hobby that you would prefer doing but since you can't for whatever reason (job or whatever) then it's easy to just stop?

Guest The Prez

I haven't smoked since the night of Wrestlemania, and I've never even really felt like I wanted to either.

There must be others here who find that smoking improves your enjoyment of wrestling a lot. I've never found it so easy to get into a match as when I'm high, and everything means something. It takes me back to watching it as a kid. Haha.

Guest Princess Leena
I've smoked weed nine times in my life. All while in junior high and high school. Each time was pretty unremarkable and the people I did it with annoyed the shit out of me.

Indeed... that was a big reason I hated doing it.

I kinda wish weed was legalized, so people would shut the fuck up about doing it. Is there anyone who doesn't eventually brag about doing weed.

Is this an actual physical dependancy that you have to fight, or just like a hobby that you would prefer doing but since you can't for whatever reason (job or whatever) then it's easy to just stop?

My guess is the latter, since that's how it is with me. When I can swing it, great. If not, oh well. Sure is nice when I can though. I'd say I don't smoke more than your average 18-25 year old loves drinking.

What's there to brag about smoking weed? It's not like it's cool.

I smoke weed, for many reasons, not to fit in with the cool crowd. It helps calm me down, because when I don't smoke weed for a long period of time, shit starts to build up.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I don't have to stay sober for any particular reason. It's the latter, as Spoon said.

Anyone who says there's no physical withdrawl is cooky, though. Going from a chronic smoker to completely sober has about two days of "What fucking planet am I on, again?" Feels a lot like going without sleep. Not a physical withdrawl like coming off a coke binge or heroin or anything, but it's there.

There's both harder and easier drugs to quit. I'll probably smoke cigarettes my entire life, for example, but will never do any research chemicals or coke ever again.

I don't have to stay sober for any particular reason. It's the latter, as Spoon said.

Anyone who says there's no physical withdrawl is cooky, though. Going from a chronic smoker to completely sober has about two days of "What fucking planet am I on, again?" Feels a lot like going without sleep. Not a physical withdrawl like coming off a coke binge or heroin or anything, but it's there.

There's both harder and easier drugs to quit. I'll probably smoke cigarettes my entire life, for example, but will never do any research chemicals or coke ever again.

It's true, I recently went from seriously smoking weed EVERYDAY. Since I was 15 I'd gone maybe 16 hours max without being high, so now at 22, I decided to see how long I could go without "buying" weed. So I didn't quit, because that's just lunatic, but i was an extreme user, like I got high by myself everyday 6 times a day, in addition to getting high with other people. Its been 2 months now, and that first week... well I got drunk everyday just to deal with the loss, and you just feel so out of sorts, there was definately a physical addiction. The only good thing about it so far, when someone gets me high, I AM FUCKED UP. Besides that its been really weird not having that first joint in the morning, or that last joint to go to bed. Basically its changed my life, and I'm still not sure if its for the better or not.

Guest DRH 502
Is there anyone who doesn't eventually brag about doing weed.

Is that a question or a statement?

For everyone who felt the need to post in this thread just so you could voice your opinion on how much you don't like weed or the people who smoke it, eat shit and bark at the moon on a cloudy night.

The ignore function is the best invention EVAR~! (hyperbole intentional)