TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

SWF AftershoXXXXxxXxxXxXxXx Card!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation presents...
canadiantour.jpg
SWF AftershoxxXXXxXxXXxxx!
Live, Friday, August 4th, from the General Motors Place in Vancouver, BC!
(6pm PST, 10pm EST; check local listings)
(Send all promos/marked matches to Ace309)

front.jpg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

THE MAIN EVENT - TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
"The Superior One" Tom Flesher and Charlie "Grappler" Matthews vs. The New Doomtopians

--> Aw yeah! Mandatory rematch time! The New Doomtopians have had ample time to study the tapes and formulate a strategy - can they avenge their loss against MatFlesh, and take back the tag team gold?
Rules: Standard tag. USE TAG ROPES OR SUFFER A MANSONALITY.
Word Limit: 5500
Send to: Evolution

SINGLES MATCH
JJ Johnson vs. "The Divine Wind" Akira Kaibatsu

--> JJ Johnson, SOMEWHAT ANGERFUL~! at how his match at Ground Zero played out, takes solace in the fact that the man he faces tonight has fallen before him thrice before. But (I think) Akira won at Ground Zero, a hard-earned victory over Spike Jenkins - will this recent victory light a fire under his ass, and propel him to victory? Or will JJ extend the undefeated streak to 4-0?
Rules: Standard singles match.
Word Limit: 5500
Send to: Ace309

SWF CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - LADDER MATCH
Michael Cross © vs. Zyon

--> Zyon doesn't like Cross, because some would say Cross screwed him out of his Cruiserweight Title at 13th Hour by taking Akira's place after some serious ass-kicking. Cross doesn't like Zyon because Zyon's bitching is technically unfounded, and also, because Cross doesn't like anybody. Will Zyon get revenge on Cross? Will Cross cheer up, emo kid? Whose cuisine will reign supreme? CROSS. ZYON. BIG BATTEL AT GROUND ZERO.

AND WHAT A BATTEL IT WAS. IT MADE THE TV CAMERAS EXPLODE.

The exclusive re-airing of this match will be tonight, on Aftershoxxx!

SINGLES MATCH
Nemesis vs. Insane Luchador

-> Two men who came up short at Ground Zero, both looking to turn their luck around!
Word Limit: 4500

OPENING BOUT
"The Beast" Gabriel Drake vs. Scott Rageheart

-> At Ground Zero, "The Beast" emerged, and after his match with Ced Ordonez, we know those "Fear the beast" promos were not to be taken lightly. Scott Rageheart, not known for taking people lightly, lines up as Gabriel's second opponent - let's see if he fares any better than the first.
Word Limit: 4500
Send to: Muzz

PLUS: We may see some more of Ground Zero's matches, depending on how whether or not they're late or just DNS's! And, as always, AftershoxxxxXXxx is match-light, which means PROMO HEAVY~!

As usual, though, feel free to request matches here. :)

NOTES:

Yes, you read that right - send everything to TOM. From August 4th to August 11th, I am flying down to Loooooziana to visit some friends. Janus just recently stepped down, and Z is... uh... hell if I know... so Taamo will be taking over booking and show posting until my return. I have given him full authority to book himself in as many titles matches as he pleases. Act accordingly. :P Edited by Ace309

Still on the fictional tour I see - I mean what is this Can-uh-duh of which you speak?

Bruce will appear although with what I've planned out promo wise it doesn't work as an opening promo so that's still up for grabs.

Note to Taamo: If you're planning on booking Bruce/Akira for the Intl. title maybe throw in some sort of Old School stip for it because

A) We've got a lot of history between us (nah it's just so that I can murderdeathkillerize him ;) )

B) I want to try and promote the International title as more of an "Old school" title over the Garbage wars of the Hardcore division and the spot fests of the Cruiserweight division.

B) I want to try and promote the International title as more of an "Old school" title over the Garbage wars of the Hardcore division and the spot fests of the Cruiserweight division.

You wouldn't happen to be up for a pure rules match, wouldja?

CanadianTour.gif

You wouldn't happen to be up for a pure rules match, wouldja?

Because nothing says old school like a match created in 2003.

Exactly Pure Rules is NOT old School and have I been writing matches that'd make you think I'm "pure rules"?

A concession stand brawl is old school, a 2 out of 3 falls is old school, Street fight, "something on a pole" is old school and so on, basically if it's been created before say 1992 it'll fit into the "Old School" ways I think (to me the day Bret became the world champ for the first time the school went from old to new)

And I realize that some of these could fall in the Hardcore division - but it's the mentality of it all, it's not about hitting each other with a bunch of weapons, it's more about the emotion of it, the impact, the story of it.

At least to me.

What and totally abandon the character I've built? That's like asking you to start cheating. *tisk*tisk* what a suggestion

Well, if you'd like he can create a stable with two guys who don't have time/motivation (delete as appropriate) for the fed, run a couple of no-contests and then not get their possibly-blowoff match on the PPV.

We all have ideas. Some of them work, some of them don't. If Blank wants to try and give his title run a definitive theme, best to start early. It worked with the Ultraviolent. If it works for the International, it'll be a successful and memorable run. If it doesn't he'll lose it quick and no-one will remember what he was trying to do, so it won't matter.

Let's let him try it and see how it works. If it gets annoying, I'll just beat him with Amy :P

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Burn.

Also, Blank, I think I kinda misintepreted what you meant until you said that some of the hardcore stuff falls under old school. I thought you meant more like, wrestling focused stips ala old school.

(Ok, I was just looking for an advantage over you, I admit it :P)

But I'm cool with a stip as long as you tell me what it is first.

Except that idea was out of my hands, as it relied on other people.

Apples and Oranges, there, Mike.

And Akira, you've got no place delivering the 'OH BURN', as that is just as much an insult to you.

You all do realize we are writing imaginary wrestling matches, right? So nobody can say "Oh Burn" with a straight face...unless your Manson.

*MANSONALITY!!!*

*OH BURN!!*

I want to see it happen.

Manson vs. Spike. Book it.

So Blank wants to turn the International Title into the Internationally Violent Title?

Ain't that nice.

Newsflash!! Spike Jenkins doesn't get it

News at 11. . . no wait, that's actually the extend of it ;)

And hey if I'm going to establish my reign as anything isn't it better to start off right away? Which I felt I did against Charlie Matthews, which to me was an old school power brawl between two guys who may not have a lot of finesse but know how to make power and drama work for them, I tried to draw a lot of inspiration from my late eighties tapes. It's not about violence, it's about taking the style back to the older times where tables were a rarity, where thumbtacts or lighttubes never saw the light of day and barbwire usually only came into play during a sneak attack angle but it was more about the emotion of the match, the impact - not 5 shots with a cookie sheet or 3 flippity moves that are instantly no-sold. Oh and any title Blank holds will be a "violent" title to some extent, cause he's a violent man and to write him any other way would be to change his character.

I'm not saying that all the matches have to have Streetfights or the likes. Outside of the best of 3 falls those stipulations were just the ones that popped into my head in the 4 seconds I thought about it. I'm just saying that my approach to matches will be more Jerry Lawler in Memphis or the Road Warriors pre-1990 to try and mix that flavor into it.

I just said that I'd like the Bruce/Akira title match to have some sort of old school stip to it - since we've faced off like 11 times since Akira made his debut, Since we've already got an established heated past with each other, since I did a major dirty on him during the 4 way for the International title - because of the history then THAT match should have a stipulation

Not all the matches

So Spike Jenkins doesn't get it at all.

Except that idea was out of my hands, as it relied on other people.

Apples and Oranges, there, Mike.

What I meant was that everyone has ideas that can seem great, but only time will tell if they will be or not. Maybe give them a chance to see how they work before criticising them. Your angle could have been good, but no-one else involved in it seemingly gave a shit about it, and the people you brought in for it turned out to be hideously unreliable. Blank's angle could improve the prestige of the International belt and provide a little nostalgia, or it could fail horribly and turn into another Hardcore Title, only slightly more old-school, or he could lose the belt straight away and no-one will know how it could have turned out.

Then there's ideas like the Lethal Lottery, which most people suspected would turn out to suck, but hey. Zed had some good moments on CC (such as booking me into World Title matches), we've got to allow him a few mistakes.

"turn into another hardcore title"?? - I'll be kind and presume that you're referring to when I didn't hold it and promoted it as actually being a big deal in the federation B-)

It'll go one of three ways: the angle is ignored by everyone but me ;) I drop the belt quickly and then it'll be just a bleep in the long run :( or I make it work :D

and like I said - I'm not interested in turning the title into a hardcore stipulation type of belt, but for Bruce / Akira part 12 it makes sense. Otherwise I'd only really expect the title matches to have some sort of stipulation if it's properly built, in the same vein as the world title.

Everybody needs to remember that my idea for the title was to give it an old school theme as well, and I think I did a pretty damn good job of that over nine months.

If Blank can pull this off, more power to him.

Ah Jay you are the wind beneath my wings :) and yes my decission to give it a more old school vibe is from Hawke's reign and from a rather long discussion on the boards about getting rid of a title and what defined each title etc. where the idea that this title was more of an old school type of title. And well Blank has from day 1 been more old school than not so really it's a natural progression.

Then there's ideas like the Lethal Lottery, which most people suspected would turn out to suck, but hey. Zed had some good moments on CC (such as booking me into World Title matches), we've got to allow him a few mistakes.

To be honest, despite it being my own idea, I was the most pessimistic about how poorly the Lethal Lottery would be received and the least gloomy when it inevitably happened.

I'm pleased to see there are still people who feel the need to write essays defending each of their actions when they get ribbed.

-Z