TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest messiahtype

What is that noise that plays when..

Guest messiahtype

when the wrestler has a long way to the entrance curtain? it's been used a ton. the only examples i can think of, are survivor series 97 and summerslam 99..

Yeah, it's not really much more than that, meant to convey that serious shit's about to go down. It's the same thing they do when lowering a cage/HIAC/Elimination Chamber.

IIRC they used it for WM 22 when Lawler / Ross had that little segment trying to keep fans interested in Cena / HHH.

Guest Edgehead

I remember them using different music for Shamrock-HBK at In Your House 19.

The same music that was used to build up challenges on Record Breakers here in the UK.

Guest J0bber

I think they used this music at WM 22 while showing Cena and HHH getting ready for the main event. It adds importance to the match, and it gets you real pumped up.

I love the 'big match music' as it is known (to me at least!). Adds a certain tension to the upcoming battle.

I'll second that.

Another piece I loved was a violin slow piece they used a lot in the late 90's, in particular to build up the Funk-Foley match on a May 98 Raw.

"Theme from a Lowering Cage" rules.

And while we're at it, I miss the shots of wrestlers walking backstage just before a commercial, on the way to the ring before their match. The Rock is... WALKING~!

I think those have mostly disappeared because they'd rather have commercials in the middle of matches now, figuring they can keep more viewers through the ad break, as they'll want to stick around to see who wins.

And while we're at it, I miss the shots of wrestlers walking backstage just before a commercial, on the way to the ring before their match. The Rock is... WALKING~!

I think those have mostly disappeared because they'd rather have commercials in the middle of matches now, figuring they can keep more viewers through the ad break, as they'll want to stick around to see who wins.

"Its THE RAWK~! He looks like hes on his way to the ring JR"

"I wonder what he has to say"

right, cuz during the attitude era, they hardly ever had commericals during matches (which was a staple of wrestling programs back in the day)

sometimes they show people walking still.

they do it on ecw with big show alot

Backstage walking is good for Fantasy Points. I also remember for a brief period of time either last fall or spring, they replaced "walking backstage" with "doing a long entrance / cut to commercial / back with the match". I only recall this happening with Masters but I'm sure it happened with others a few times too.

sorta off topic...how do you guys feel about the way they've done introductions a few times this year: theme music plays, wrestler A hits the ring, theme music plays, wrestler B hits the ring, THEN Lillian Garcia announces them.

sorta off topic...how do you guys feel about the way they've done introductions a few times this year: theme music plays, wrestler A hits the ring, theme music plays, wrestler B hits the ring, THEN Lillian Garcia announces them.

That's not an arbitrary thing (although everybody seems to think it is).

They do that for world championship matches (i.e. the WWE, World Heavyweight and ECW titles), and it began with Cena-HHH at Wrestlemania. Personally, I love it.

Guest Felonies!

I was so used to them being announced as they walk, so I'd prefer that. I don't watch wrestling, though.

And I found "Theme From A Lowering Cage" to be a little lame.

They do that for world championship matches (i.e. the WWE, World Heavyweight and ECW titles), and it began with Cena-HHH at Wrestlemania. Personally, I love it.

I kinda like it too...gives it more of a big match feel.

I kinda like it too...gives it more of a big match feel.

TNA started using it for the title matches 4 years ago. When there is a title on the line during the main event that's how it should be done. It gives the title more of a meaning. I know it's used in boxing. Both people enter the ring and then they are announced. I think it should only be used for the title matches. Regular undercard matches are fine announcing the names before the match.

Guest messiahtype
I love the 'big match music' as it is known (to me at least!). Adds a certain tension to the upcoming battle.

agreed.. my favorite one they did, was the summerslam 99 one. foley comes out, then they show hhh with chyna and his amazing theme "my time" hits, its a long delay, hhh argues with jesse the body and all of a sudden *Glass shatters*

and austin comes out to one of the most insane pops ever. sh*t gave me chills.

is it just me or should all title matches be announced by fink? he gives everything a big feel and his pronounciation is perfect.

agreed.. my favorite one they did, was the summerslam 99 one. foley comes out, then they show hhh with chyna and his amazing theme "my time" hits, its a long delay, hhh argues with jesse the body and all of a sudden *Glass shatters*

is it just me or should all title matches be announced by fink? he gives everything a big feel and his pronounciation is perfect.

yes I miss fink, lillian sucks when it comes to big time matches and in general

Guest messiahtype

yes I miss fink, lillian sucks when it comes to big time matches and in general

agreed. when was the last time fink did something for the wwe anyway?