TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cd213

Another Hour to be Added

I was just reading that Spike is thinking about adding another hour of TNA wrestling. This is going to start either in October or in January. The only question is if this second hour will be for Impact to make it 11pm-1am, or if it will be put somewhere else. Reports say if it does go somewhere else it will be on Monday at the old Impact replay time.

The question I have is, is this a good thing? I think this is a great thing. Now with an extra hour added TNA can showcase some of the other talent. More time to develop X-Division rivavlries. I love the X-Division but I think that is something that is missing. The matches are just thrown together.

I hope this is true. TNA can use that extra hour.

Of course it'll help. The hour they already have goes by so quickly and you only see certain guys every other week. 4 hours to build up for a ppv isn't enough when you're not showcasing each match every week.

Yes a extra hour will be good for TNA and I don't think TNA will run from 11 to 1. The timeslot will most likely be changed to 10 to 12.

This is good news now Sharkboy can be on tv every week! And the X division can be more than just random gauntlet matches every 2 weeks or so. It would be a miracle if they are able to give A1 some character development....poor guy....everybody else in Team Canada are have characters but him. Petey Williams has the Canadian Destroyer, Eric Young is paranoid, Devine is with Papparazzi, and Bobby Roode is going to try to emulate Rick Rude.

Guest netslob

i have a question for you, Destroyer:

could you possibly cram more shit into your sig and make your posts a bit more difficult to read?

Guest netslob

i'm not. i'm just suggesting he should tone down his sig a tad. i have nothing against Entourage.

the Aqua Man movie on the other hand...

I was just reading that Spike is thinking about adding another hour of TNA wrestling. This is going to start either in October or in January. The only question is if this second hour will be for Impact to make it 11pm-1am, or if it will be put somewhere else. Reports say if it does go somewhere else it will be on Monday at the old Impact replay time.

The question I have is, is this a good thing? I think this is a great thing. Now with an extra hour added TNA can showcase some of the other talent. More time to develop X-Division rivavlries. I love the X-Division but I think that is something that is missing. The matches are just thrown together.

I hope this is true. TNA can use that extra hour.

Where'd you read this? I didn't see it on any of the major news sites. Just wondering...

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Johnson also reports that SpikeTV is very close to giving TNA an extra hour of TV. The 2 hour format would most likley start in October. The rumored time slot for the 2 hour show is Thursdays from 10pm - 12am. However there has also been some talk of keeping Impact at 1 hour and replacing the Saturday replay of Impact with Xplosion and making it all new content that would focus mostly on the lower to mid card talent.

TNA must get a 2-hour block if this is going to help. Two 1-hour shows just means you'll get more repeat stuff from top guys, or you end up with a "Heat" like show that no one will watch. A 2-hour block gives you time to showcase a variety of talent, do promos, get decent match times, etc. I think getting 2 hours would help TNA immensely. Hell, I know I'll go out of my way to watch.

My friends that just started watching thought it was 2 hours because they have more matches than Raw nowadays and alot more storylines progressed

what if tna got two one hour shows, one for the x division, and one for everyone else?

it wouldn't have to be a strick "brand expansion" or whatever that was called, just that one would focus on the heavyweight title, and another for x division. that would enable tna to ease one of the biggest complaints, that x division wrestlers have no storylines or personality.

I hope Tna gets a second hour, it will be much needed and enjoyed

I kinda of like the idea of the X-Division in it's own hour, and all the rest in the other hour. You could also create a X-Division Tag Team Titles to feud over

TNA can benifit from an extra hour immensly, if they don't just do what they're already doing and just dtratch it out over the 2 hours.

If they use the second hour wisely to put over more of the roster, and have a longer main event each week, then this is nothing but good news.

2nd hour will give them the chance to push other talent on the roster. This can only be a good thing.