TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Epic Reine

The Marine trailor

Chuck Norris would have done a better job.

The trailer looks like it was directed by Michael Bay...

's...hyperactive kid.

I'm pissed he doesn't have a Native American sidekick and isn't riding a motorcycle.

Another Typical Action movie with alot of fancy explosions, overused Matrix Style bulletime, average joe magiclly turns superhero mid movie, weak ass plot, actors no one cares for anymore, made by WWE and staring John Cena.

oh yeah, I'll definlly see this movie :rolleyes:

Whats really funny: Vince supposidly liked "See No Evil" more than this one.

Rob Van Dam?

I am begging for the stoner buddy comedy with Sabu and RVD.

The Marine looks like a movie that would have been a fun cheese actioner 20 years ago, sorta like See No Evil would have been a fun crap horror movie about 20 years ago. I was distressed that The Marine is PG-13, since this sort of ultra violent actioner needs to be rated R to work at all. Commando should be their Bible here. Follow it and profits will come to WWE productions.

Guest Kobe24KGold

I have a bad feeling it's going to be #1 the week it comes out.

Now whether or not John Cena leaves wrestling for Hollywood like The Rock did is anyone's guess...

I think it looks pretty good--Robert Patrick is a good pick here, because you have an unknown commodity in Cena as a protagonist, you have a guy who you look at, know he is a bad guy, and want him to die. This will help you to want to root for the protagonist regardless of his talent as an actor. Cena seems to have a presence on screen, but...I cringed at "he has a hostage, She's my wife".

Jesus Christ even the voiceover was terrible.

PS - Robert Patrick needs to fire his agent.

If you think this is the movie that should cause Patrick to fire his agent, you're obviously not familiar with his filmography.

Guest Princess Leena

Meh, it doesn't look that bad. It is what it is with these types of brainless action/pretty graphic things.

I'm interested to see how good of an actor Cena will be, that's about all.

Jesus Christ even the voiceover was terrible.

PS - Robert Patrick needs to fire his agent.

Oh come on, he got him that role on the first episode of "Stargate Atlantis" and he's currently starring in "The Unit". Plus lets face it, he's the liquid terminator til the day he dies.

This comes out October 13th, so I guess Cena will start pimping the movie on Raw sometime this month or next. hat means expect Cena to win the title back around that time.

Plus, with a much screentime Kane was getting over his flick, I can only imagine how much of the show will bw devoted to selling Cena's.

I will be seeing this, though. Looks like a good, chesy action flick from the 80's-early 90's and you can never have too many of those.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

It's also going up against Robin Williams' Man of the Year. No way it'll be No.1.