TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ace309

SWF Lockdown Card for August 9, 2006!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation presents...
canadiantour.jpg
SWF Lockdown!
Live, Wednesday, August 9th, from the Pengrowth Saddledome, Calgary, AL!
(6pm PST, 10pm EST; check local listings)
(Send all promos, marked matches, matches without markers, BC Bud, etc., to Ace309)

Pengrowth.jpg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

MAIN EVENT
NON-TITLE 10 MINUTE HARDCORE CHALLENGE

Bruce Blank © vs. "The Dean of Wrestling" Jay Hawke

-> Jay Hawke threw down the gauntlet to Bruce Blank at Aftershoxxx when Blank ran his mouth a little too far. These two square off with a ten-minute time limit, but tonight, only pride is on the line!
Rules: A strict ten-minute time limit will be the only rule enforced. In order to win, Blank must defeat Hawke by pin or submission; Hawke can win the match merely by lasting the whole ten minutes. The International Title is not on the line.
Word Limit: 5500
Send to: Evolution

RETURNING CONTESTANT DECISION MATCH
Akira Kaibatsu (#1 Contender) vs. "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins

-> After the somewhat controversial decision in which Akira Kaibatsu defeated Spike Jenkins after being granted extra time, Jenkins protested to Joseph Peters. Peters told him he could be placed in line for a shot at the title if he defeated Kaibatsu. Spike attacked and pinned Kaibatsu after his match with JJ Johnson, but Peters refuses to recognize it. Instead, he offered Spike the chance to invoke the little-used Returning Contestant Decision clause (which hasn't been applied since 2002, when Vanguard used it to eliminate a loss from his record by defeating Frost).
Rules: Standard. As the referee responsible for the contested decision, Byron Dragonson will officiate this appeal match. If Spike wins, he becomes the #2 Contender to the International Championship. Regardless of the result, Akira Kaibatsu will remain #1 Contender.
Word Limit: 5000
Send to: Ace309

SWF CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Michael Cross © vs. "The Superior One" Tom Flesher ©

--> Michael Cross retained at Ground Zero, despite the apparent lack of evidence. Zyon, the Unique Youth, has been knocked out of contention for the time being, leaving #1 Contender Tom Flesher to challenge for the Cruiserweight Championship! But don't get too excited - the winner of this match will still have #2 Contender Landon Maddix knocking at his door down the road.
Rules: Standard with Cruiserweight addenda.
Word Limit: 4500
Send to: hhh6294

TAG TEAM MATCH
Two Skinny White Guys (Michael Stephens © and Landon Maddix) vs. Grendel and Insane Luchador

-> Despite Joe Peters' best efforts, the up-and-coming team of Landon Maddix and World Champion Michael Stephens refuse to use the name "The Best Damn Tag Team, Period." As it stands, however, some of the fans are already describing them as such. Grendel and Andrew Rickmen have each been on a bit of a slide lately, so Joe Peters hopes that between the two of them they can chalk up one win. The winner of this match will receive serious consideration with regard to the Tag Team Champions.
Rules: Standard. Mind the tag ropes.
Word Limit: 4500

SINGLES MATCH
Scott Rageheart vs. Charlie "Grappler" Matthews ©

-> Charlie Matthews holds a victory over Scott Rageheart, but that win came in a Tag Team Championship defense. Can Rageheart get the duke when Matthews doesn't have his tag team partner covering for him?
Rules: Standard.
Word Limit: 4000
Send to: Evolution

SINGLES MATCH
"The Beast" Gabriel Drake vs. Mike Van Siclen

-> Gabriel Drake and Mike Van Siclen are two guys who hate Michael Stephens. Between the two of them, you'd think they'd find some common ground, but Joe Peters wants to test out the new talent, so here we go!
Rules: Standard
Word Limit: 4000
Send to: hhh6294

GRUDGE MATCH
Nemesis vs. Manson

-> The Professor has been stewing over Nemesis' pay-per-view loss to Manson, and tonight, the big man gets the chance to avenge that loss! Watch out, though - you might get nailed with MANSONOSITY~!
Word Limit: 3500

OPENING BOUT
??? vs. Martin "Big Country" Hunt

-> Question Mark Man wants a match! We're happy to oblige!
Word Limit: 3500

SPECIAL ATTRACTION DARK MATCH
"The Ace" Pierre Donette vs. Ced Ordonez

-> Watch the SWF's newest development talent work with the SWF's oldest enhancement talent!
Word Limit: 3000

NOTES: As usual, if you want a match, ask for it in the card thread. Edited by Ace309

Opening promo.

Also, expect a very slight change in my stats soon.

By the way, that Ground Zero match will be posted Monday morning on the forums.

My brother came home from a year long absence last night and we went and hung out. I place family before Zyon any day of the week!

Just so you know, Nemesis, I'm never happy with my stats. Thus, I update a lot. So grab the latest.
I'm just waiting for you to add face paint, bicep tassles and frilly boots and then the mark out is complete :lol:

Guest El XL
Just so you know, Nemesis, I'm never happy with my stats. Thus, I update a lot. So grab the latest.
that's good to know and I just want you to know that I have tweaked my stats as well, Nemesis found the blow away diet and he's now tipping the scale of 229 pounds.

Had you going for a second didn't I?

what, no love for finding an obscure rule referenced once in a promo in 2002 and applying it to an analogous situation?

Well, if YOU don't appreciate it, I'm emailing my law profs. ;)

I loved Dean Douglas! He was undermined! The clique! Boo! Hiss!

Although, Shane is one of my favorite characters and he may have a point considering HHH basically took his gimmick, ramped it up a bit and became a 10 time WWE champ with it.

I not denying that Douglas was undermined in the WWF. But he wasn't successful, on the basis that no-one likes a smartass.

Guest El XL
Hey, stranger things have happened around here. Hell, that very thing has happened around here; you should read up about a cat named Rane sometime...

And also Madrac, the wrestling giraffe.

I want to laugh but I'm not sure if you're actually kidding or not

I've learned never to take Drea seriously. You can take me at my word, though: I have it on good authority that I have no sense of humor, and couldn't make up something like that, anyway.

"Cat" was a figure of speech, though.

I'm no history buff, but I've been here 3 years and I certainly wouldn't be surprised to learn that Madrac the wrestling giraffe had been done before.

Certainly sounds like something we'd do.

Come on, we've had An Octopus and A Velociraptor - what's so weird about a giraffe?