TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

Do you ever find yourself

Do you ever find yourself spending money because you're bored? I just bought six DVD's because I'm bored as hell. I've done this a lot before with PC Games too and usually the games blow, but I just buy them out of boredom which is stupid..

I hate that. It's what's keeping me from saving money, which I need to do. But it's like whenever I'm bored, and I have money I get this impulse and I go out and buy dumb shit. The downside to that among other things is "selling" it back won't even get me half price. I buy DVDs and I'm never at home to watch them. Shit just doesn't add up.

Guest Princess Leena

I did this once when I was younger after one of my first paychecks. And it still pisses me off.

My asshole parents taught me well on how to be a Jew. I never spend when I don't have to. And it's actually paid off.

No. You choose to spend money on stuff, boredum doesn't "force" you to.

One time boredum broke into my house and pistol whipped me until I bought Virtua Fighter for PS2. I cried and cried and cried after that.

Guest Oblivious Heel

I use to be a dumbass and buy too many DVD's when I was bored. Then I discovered Hollywood Video so now I have more money for beer and cigarettes.

Guest J0bber

Yes, I have a pretty big spending problem, especially with iTunes. That damn store is so tempting. You purchase one thing then it leads you to another. Maybe if I got a life I wouldn't be sampling then buying music on my computer all day.

Marvin's getting there.

Buyin' a car, he knows what women mean when they want to "talk".

Now he just needs to smoke some weed and he'll be gettin' laid in no time.

I just like to shop.......like a girl. If I'm at the mall and I see a shirt I want I buy it.

That being said I only buy shirts that are on clearance or sale.

So I should say if I see a shirt that's on clearance or on sale that I like then I buy it.

It's usually my policy to not spend above 10 bucks for a t-shirt and above 16 for a collared or button up.

I spend money on shit I don't need all the time. Which is alright, though, because I'm not saving up towards any huge thing. I pay my bills on time, I can always fill up my tank, and I'm usually the only person amongst my friends that has any real money. Which is sad, because I'm actually kinda poor, as far as my OWN money goes.

I have a decently well paying job for someone my age and I always find myself broke. It's a pain in the ass to keep gas in my car, too. Gas prices are crazy and my job requires me to drive around a lot.

God damn car payments, rent, and school. And women. God damn expensive women.

My one problem now is TV on DVD Sets which most of the time sit on My Shelf unwatched after I sit through and watch all of the episodes once. And Im totally anal about it except for the fact that 2 seasons of the X Files are in Slim Cases, but be damned if Im spending $90 on the fat ones when the slim ones are $30.

Just in case you cant tell theres:

All Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy (Plus the Stewie Griffin DVD), American Dad, 24, Seinfeld and Prison Break sets released plus Seasons 1-6 (of 9) X files and Season 1 (of 3) Lois and Clark, although I really have no interest in Lois and Clark as it was a gift (if someone wants it, make me an offer)..plus the Bret Hart and Flair DVD sets only because Im out of room on my other shelf for DVDs (which I very rarely buy now since I rent everything). Plus, not on THE SHELF are the first 3 Seasons of the Shield which I loaned out.

Upcoming TV Sets to purchase include My Name is Earl S1(9/19), 24 S5 (sometime in November) and The Simpsons S8 (next Tuesday!!), and Im guessing the remaining 3 Seasons of Seinfeld..Im gonna need a 2nd shelf.