TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

This is the NFL Preseason Thread

Guest Agent of Oblivion

IT HAS BEGUN!

Post about your excitement about games that don't count, and what teams look like they're worth a damn.

Well, it will be a good time for the Seahawks to see if Hamdan can be an adequent 2nd QB if they want to use Wallace for some more "slash" activities.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

This should provide a good opportunity for the Bears defense to get stretched out and warmed up for their systematic massacre of the NFC North, and for Grossman to blow out his knee.

My predictions.

AFC:

North: Bengals

South: Colts

East: Dolphins

West: Chiefs

Wildcards: Patriots,Steelers

NFC:

North: Bears

South: Saints (seriously,don't overlook this team)

East: Cowboys (pains me since I'm an eagles fan)

West: Seahawks

Wildcards: Eagles,Redskins

Guest Vitamin X
This should provide a good opportunity for the Bears defense to get stretched out and warmed up for their systematic massacre of the NFC North, and for Grossman to blow out his knee.

Leading Chicago to go with the Kyle Orton disaster again?

How much longer can the Bears go without any offense, seriously. And their running game actually got worse with the release of Thomas and now Benson's injury.

The Bears have Muhsin Muhammad and Olin Kreutz. Why not have some defensive players play offense? Surely can't be much worse.

They have Mark Bradley on offense who was doing damn well for them until he hurt his knee last season....then again someone has to throw him the ball.

Guest Princess Leena

I still wouldn't give up on Grossman. He's played a whole like 5 games in his career so far. And when he's in there, the Bears at least score double digits.

My predictions.

NFC:

South: Saints (seriously,don't overlook this team)

The Saints have talent at the skill positions, with Bush and Deuce at RB, Drew Brees at QB, and Joe Horn, Donte Stallworth, and Devery Henderson at WR, as well as Will Smith and Charles Grant at DE and Mike McKenzie at DB.

Their problem is that they have an O-line being held together by spit and bailing wire, LBs lucky to be backups anywhere else in the league, and questions about their DTs.

If the O-Line pulls it together and keeps Drew Brees off of his back, they'll certainly rack up some points.

Their problem will be stopping the other teams from putting up a lot, as their run defense is still suspect due to the mediocre DTs and severely underwhelming LBs.

They could win the South, but they could just as easily finish 5-11 or worse if the crappy O-Line gets one of their big producers hurt early.

I wait to make my predictions until the end of the preseason, after a few name players go down for the year. I like the Jags chances this year of getting to the playoffs. My main concern is the loss of Jimmy Smith, but there are guys that are good enough to step up to the plate.

I just want to share an interesting story...

Bret Hart's son Blade went to my old high school last year(I was graduated at the time, so I never attended school with him). One of my friends(who was a coke dealer at the time) and his cousin who is a really good friend of mine use to hang out with him. And Blade Hart gave my friend an autograph Bret Favre jersey for a gram of cocaine. Fucking retard.

Bengals guard Eric Steinbach was arrested for boating under the influence according to the ESPN bottom line, how that could happen recently is beyond me since they are at camp currently. Nothing on the Bengals website or other Cincinnati websites.

Guest Vitamin X

Bret Hart's son Blade went to my old high school last year(I was graduated at the time, so I never attended school with him). One of my friends(who was a coke dealer at the time) and his cousin who is a really good friend of mine use to hang out with him. And Blade Hart gave my friend an autograph Bret Favre jersey for a gram of cocaine. Fucking retard.

Holy shit.

Well, you know, some people have different priorities. There's probably plenty of people on this board that might've done the same thing. Despite the fact an autographed Brett Favre jersey might go for $500+ and a gram of coke is like, $20.

Holy shit.

Well, you know, some people have different priorities. There's probably plenty of people on this board that might've done the same thing. Despite the fact an autographed Brett Favre jersey might go for $500+ and a gram of coke is like, $20.

Yeah I know. The guy wants to sell it to me, but I don't have the money. I'd bet I could hustle it off him for a 100.

Houston Texans will go 10-6 and just miss the playoffs.

Yeah, that might be a dream scenario.. so .500 is more like it for this year

Houston Texans will go 10-6 and just miss the playoffs.

Yeah, that might be a dream scenario.. so .500 is more like it for this year

Considering Vince Young is impressing people in training camp. You'll finish last in your divison.

Guest Vitamin X

The Colts will miss the playoffs this year. No particular reason why yet, but for some reason I feel it could happen. Could be just one of those oddball things we wouldn't expect.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Leading Chicago to go with the Kyle Orton disaster again?

How much longer can the Bears go without any offense, seriously. And their running game actually got worse with the release of Thomas and now Benson's injury.

The Bears have Muhsin Muhammad and Olin Kreutz. Why not have some defensive players play offense? Surely can't be much worse.

Disaster my ass. Guy completed over half of his passes with only one receiver worth a shit, and only had two games that were total fucking disasters (against the Bengals and the Steelers.) The Bears won 8 straight games with Orton starting. Show me a better rookie QB last season. Sure, his stats were bad. Alex Smith's were worse.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

PS:

What Thomas Jones release? Guy's not going to get shopped out.

They don't have a particularly tough schedule, either. I think they'll split with Minnesota. Other than that, their division schedule is cake. The Lions find a way to lose every year, and the Packers stink.

Their toughest non-divisional games look like the Pats @ NE, NYG @ NY, and Seattle at home. They play Tampa in Chicago a week before Christmas, and Miami.

They'll at least win their division at 11-5 or better.

I think that if the Bears were smart they would go with Griese as the QB.

Grossman will be hurt by October and they won't have a choice. This is alarming as a Packers fan, but these Bears look alarmingly like the 2000 Ravens or 2002 Bucs with Griese at the helm. At the very least they should destroy their joke of a division.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

My preseason pickage:

AFC West:

1. Denver

2. San Diego

3. KC

4. Oakland

East:

1. New England

2. Miami (That's a CLOSE 2)

3. Buffalo

4. NY Jets (if they win more than 3 games, I'll be amazed)

South:

1. Indy

2. Jacksonville

3. Houston

4. Tennessee

North:

1. Cinncinatti (if Palmer can play. If not, they'll be lucky to finish 2nd in their division)

2. Pittsburgh

3. Baltimore

4. Cleveland

NFC West:

1. Seattle

2. St. Louis

3. Arizona (+ .500)

4. San Francisco

East:

1. NY Giants

2. Dallas

3. Philadelphia

4. Washington (QB situation makes me nervous)

North:

1. Chicago

2. Minnesota

3. Detroit

4. Green Bay

South:

1. Tampa Bay

2. Carolina

3. Atlanta

4. New Orleans

Meaning my playoffs will be

Broncos, Colts, Pats, and Bengals. Wildcards: Pittsburgh, Jacksonville

Seahawks, Giants, Bears, and Bucs. Wildcards: let's say..Carolina and Dallas.

For the superbowl, I'll pick a weird one. Jax over Tampa Bay. Why not.

the bears are going to be dangerous. grossman looked pretty good for the bears when he came back last year. it wasn't him that led to the bears defeat by the panthers. he held his own. if he can stay healthy, he can do some great things. i'm only scared about benson. no one knows what this kid can do yet.

Apparently Freddie Mitchell is trying out for the Cowboys. I guess Owens wanted his gopher/waterboy there with him in training camp.

If they sign him, SUPER BOWL BOUND!

FRED EX is instant Super Bowl. He's like a god, a god with the ability to catch 177 balls in a season for 40 TDs.

But they told him "Thanks but no thanks" so there goes that.

Guest Vitamin X

Green Bay's schedule is cake this year also. I severely doubt they're going to be as bad as everyone says they're going to be. But, then again, I said the same thing last year, but hell I couldn't predict that they'd lose half their games by a touchdown or less or that they'd be playing the scout team most of the year due to injuries, either. I think if they stay healthy and if some of the guys who had the worse injuries (particularly the running game) they can hit .500 or maybe better.

Hell, I just hate the dickwaving the Bears fans have got going on this preseason. Remember 2002, guys? The year after the last time they went on a surprise run to win the division?

Guest Vitamin X

Well, they've got reason to, I suppose, but I'm just viewing it from the other side. Detroit should be much better with the coaching staff they have (I was praying for Donnie Henderson to land on the GB coaching staff, sucked it didn't happen), and there's a lot of unrealized talent there. They still need a QB, but Josh McCown could be a hell of a sleeper, I think. Not to mention he'll be playing in a pass-happy Mike Martz offense.

Minnesota, I don't buy being good at all. They've got an injury waiting to happen at QB, no real standout offensive skill position players, and an aging defense.

Green Bay has the youth factor working against them, plus the rookie head coach with questionable credentials. The offense will depend on how well the two new guards will play, as that was the offense's biggest hinderance last year outside of the injuries. The defense looks strong, a hell of a lot better than previous years, especially if the gamble on Woodson pays off.

I'm not completely sold on the Dolphins just yet. Culpepper should get plenty of protection (the o-line was 29th in the league in sacks allowed with just 26), which is good because you don't want a guy coming off a knee injury scrambling around too much, but I don't see much depth in the WR corps outside of Chambers and (to a lesser extent) Booker. They should make the playoffs, but fall just a game short of the division or lose by tiebreaker. They have nearly the exact same schedule as NE; they'll both beat up on the Bills and Jets, Houston and the NFC North teams.

And I think this year Ben Watson breaks out. NE's going to have a lot of double TE setups and the guy's got the speed of a wideout while Daniel Graham is the better blocker, so Watson will be Brady's target on a lot of play-action plays and other routes out of that formation.