TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

Plans for Edge vs. Cena, Trish and Lita; news on HBK and MNM

I agree with Iggy here. Cena/Edge is one of two RAW feuds (the other being HBK/McMahons) that is beyond stale at this point. We've simply seen it too much to care about it anymore, and pushing it beyond Summerslam would be a major mistake.

Smackdown in the same timeframe has gone from Batista/Henry to Angle/Henry to Angle/Undertaker to Angle/Orton/Rey to Rey/JBL to Rey/Booker to Booker/Batista in the same time with a far more depleted roster. There is simply no excuse for the lack of imagination on the RAW side of things. Umaga sucks, but at least he's different. Or do an Edge/DX feud and kill two birds with one stone.

For those of you who think Cena's run as a top star is working, go watch any one of Austin's entrances from 98-01. THAT'S a reaction, Jim.

Reactions aside, Cena's segments on Raw spike the ratings and even pull in over a million new viewers from time to time. I'd say that means his run at the top is working.

Well, to be fair Frogg, Trish did train for a bit with the same dude that trained Edge and Christian before she made her WWF debut.

These other chicks are training with Al Snow and Dean Malenko, though, right?

Yeah, after they're hired. I just meant Trish was a bit trained and not shoved in the ring within a month of being minimally trained. In some respects, I feel bad for the Diva Search girls who are forced to wrestle despite not having a damn clue of what they are doing. Hi Ashley, I'm looking your way!

You really gotta give Trish credit. She killed the puppies chants by actually earning her respect in the ring. Her spot for a long while seemed groomed for Lita but she surpassed her by leaps and bounds. So good for her and I hope she comes back sometime. She isn't at Joshi levels of course, but she survived the "Attitude Era" and all its excesses with several memorable matches. Take that Wendi Richter.

Yeah, after they're hired. I just meant Trish was a bit trained and not shoved in the ring within a month of being minimally trained. In some respects, I feel bad for the Diva Search girls who are forced to wrestle despite not having a damn clue of what they are doing. Hi Ashley, I'm looking your way!

Ah, alright.

And that does have to suck to be thrown out there under all that pressure, plus the constant fear of being injured cause you don't know how to work.

Speaking of Ashley, she's fuckin herself up on a pretty consistant basis.

For those of you who think Cena's run as a top star is working, go watch any one of Austin's entrances from 98-01. THAT'S a reaction, Jim.

Reactions aside, Cena's segments on Raw spike the ratings and even pull in over a million new viewers from time to time. I'd say that means his run at the top is working.

Part of the problem is that with regards to wrestling fans tend to put wrestlers in one of two categories with regards to drawing power: Hulk Hogan and Failures. That isn't an accurate way of categorizing it at all. Just because somebody isn't The Rock, doesn't mean he can't draw.

You really gotta give Trish credit. She killed the puppies chants by actually earning her respect in the ring. Her spot for a long while seemed groomed for Lita but she surpassed her by leaps and bounds. So good for her and I hope she comes back sometime. She isn't at Joshi levels of course, but she survived the "Attitude Era" and all its excesses with several memorable matches. Take that Wendi Richter.

While I totally agree with this assessment, Lita going out with a neck injury sure helped Trish become the number one female. Sure, Lita was never good in the ring and was best when she did her two spots when interfering in a Hardys match, but fuck was she ever popular.

Um, burn on Wendi?

Part of the problem is that with regards to wrestling fans tend to put wrestlers in one of two categories with regards to drawing power: Hulk Hogan and Failures. That isn't an accurate way of categorizing it at all. Just because somebody isn't The Rock, doesn't mean he can't draw.

You would think that people would have the common sense to realize that you don't have to draw Austin/Rock level numbers to be a success. Those two, and Hogan, drew numbers on a level that very few will ever do, and to label Cena a failiure because he can't draw what they did is absurd.

How many matches in a feud does it take for you to get sick and tired of it?

I'm calling it now. Trish is jobbing in her last match in her hometown just so WWE can piss everyone off.

I think Trish would prefer to go out on her back. Most wrestlers do. It's a time homoured tradition of the business jobbing on the way out.

If anything, I'd have Trish job to Victoria at Unforgiven since it would fulfill Victoria's purpose in her career by being allowed to end Trish's.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Edge and Cena's match at SummerSlam will be their 16th match on TV/PPV this year. I...think that's enough.

Edge and Cena's match at SummerSlam will be their 16th match on TV/PPV this year. I...think that's enough.

Considering they have also wrestled in the post-RAW dark match (before the DX reunion), as well as the house show circuit, I'm surprised THEY aren't sick of wrestling each other by now.

If there were some way to keep it interesting, I could watch those two go at it until Unforgiven, but no further. Right now it's hard to remember why they dislike each other with the vanilla build they're receiving. I think it'd also seem more fresh if they were rightfully pushed as the #1 program on Raw, but entertainment that doesn't require a ring takes precedence.

I think it'd also seem more fresh if they were rightfully pushed as the #1 program on Raw

I actually liked the 3 way stuff with Edge, Cena and HHH where each guy got the best of the others by basically outsmarting them.

Then that just got dropped for random DX crap and it was back to Edge vs. Cena.

I actually liked the 3 way stuff with Edge, Cena and HHH where each guy got the best of the others by basically outsmarting them.

Then that just got dropped for random DX crap and it was back to Edge vs. Cena.

The Edge/Cena feud still has a few breaths of life, but they need to switch up the booking some. If Edge doesn't come out with the title after the blowoff match or it will hurt both him and Cena.