TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

The OAO Smackdown Thread for whatever today is.

Guest J0bber
Layla, my God, she's so fucking hot.

::Does the annoying laugh that Shawn Michaels did a couple weeks ago on Raw when it was announced he was fighting Coach that night::

Ha, Luke Perry knows how to get cheap heat, that's great.

They all sucked, but at least Leyla did something.

What the hell was Milena thinking? Her talent lasted all of 5 seconds (although that was the guy's fault I think) and even then, it didn't look like she even did it right.

Not a Leyla fan. But the random crotch shots, was pretty hot.

Jen better be gone. After that, she seems like one of those chicks thats always talking shit that you just wanna punch in the face. And I was annoyed with her before she even started getting the chance to talkk.

And JT...lol.

To bad they didn't get into a legit fight, that would have been cool.

It's always funny to hear announcers call people names.

Cole: "HE'S A LOWLIFE BASTARD!"

edit- It's funny, the idea of JBL constantly being disgusted at seeing under Vito's dress, considering Sylvans right there, in his underwear technically. Even Cole said so. And mentioned JBL in the locker room haha (Although I think Vito might be in a thong..so it's a little different, but still)

I'm really digging Terkay and Burke. Spinning backhands are always good things.

I have never seen MVP wrestle before. I think he used to be known as Antonio Banks. Anyone seen his work before?

This match is **1/2, but the commentary is *****.

"King BooKKKKAAAAAAAAAAHHHH"

And :lol: "SPEAR! SPEAR! SPINEBUSTA! SPINEBUSTA! SPINEBUSTA! You could count to a hundred!"

Book is awesome.

At first I was really hesitant to JBL being on the announce team but now I enjoy his commentary. He is really into it, he gets involved and he has the facial reactions to sell what he is doing.

King Booker was quite entertaining tonight, and I was happy that the little bastard wasn't as involved as usual. The action wasn't that great but you have Bobby Lashley and Batista on the same team so that was expected

Certainly a lesser SD this week. Only 2 decent matches (Mysterio vs. Kennedy, L/K vs. Teacher's Pets) and bad finishes for all but one (Terkay's KO backhand was cool). Still better than Raw, but not by a ridiculous margin this week.

I'm getting a little tired of the King Bookah gimmick. Booker T was a lot better.

I'm really digging Terkay and Burke. Spinning backhands are always good things.

I have never seen MVP wrestle before. I think he used to be known as Antonio Banks. Anyone seen his work before?

Check the DSW thread in Other Promotions. I've uploaded a couple of tag matches he's been in. Placebo Effect put some of the up on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=conley48

Only 19 posts before this.

Hilarious.

despite the fact that SmackDown topics had never reached a large number posts for the last few years, I find it funny that people STILL finds it hillarious/Shocking/Sad/pathetic or whatever and think its worth commenting on every fucking week.

anyways, another great SmackDown as usual. a few comments..

- I didn't think Helms/Tantaka was that bad of a match as I kinda enjoyed it, even though it is a pretty odd paring.

- Was it just me or did Booker sound alot like Randy Savage during commentary, which he was GOLD by the way. Love the way he said "KING BOOKAAAAA!"

-Diva Search segment was yet another eye sore to watch this week. Where did they get the idea that sending a has-been actor no one cares for anymore out there would make the Diva Search watchable?. And I really wish The Undertaker would throw The Miz in a bodybag never the be heard from again. I can't STAND him.

-I'am a fan of Rey and Chavo, but this storyline involving Vicki Guerrero is fucking lame, Rey barely hitting Vickie Guerrero and acting like she got hit by a brick was just stupid

-Batista/Lashley Vs Finlay/Regal was a fun energetic match, I was thinking while watching this match that these four would make a great feud over the Tag Team Titles. Now thats something I'd love to see.

I'm just wondering, but can someone tell me, what's so special about Sylvester Terkay? There was a post a little while ago by UTSU saying the guy was a reason to watch SD, and one in this thread saying he's one of the future guys of the company.

I don't think anyone has openly said he's "great" but no one has bashed the guy either. (Which is a surprise to me >_>) He's something different, but not something special IMO. Most people don't like your usual hoss-types, and other then a spinning back hand, MMA gloves, and that belly to belly which will probaly get old pretty soon, that's what I think he is.

Personally, I'm more interested in Elijah Burke (Partly because the guy looks exactly like me, and since I want to be a wrestler, that means I have hope haha) He seems like he could go further then Terkay.

Just watch both of the fuckers. Wrestling is fun - don't overanalyze. They're crazy ass, solid movers, do submissions and counters/blocks effectively, are a fresh of breath air, have awesome German Olympic-type jackets, and aren't named "Hardcore Holly" or "Billy Gunn". Watch them, and even if unimpressed (which I doubt you'll be), just imagine the crap that Raw produces.

I enjoy Elijah Burke more than Terkay at the moment, but just wait until they get a chance to really showcase their talents in longer matches. Burke looks a bit like Ron Killings by the way.

Guest DRH 502

Burke and CM Punk were THE reason to go to OVW house shows this year. Burke's personality and his energy is off the charts.

A good Smackdown, not as good as last week's show. Booker was great on commentry.

Smackdown is still ALOT better than Raw or ECW.

Smackdown rules!!

Having seen Elijah Burke on OVW I can safely tell you he is horrible. He's actually better served being a manager, since his mic work is vaguely irritating so it lends itself to being a heel. Terkay is more interesting. I remember him in OVW in roughly 2000 as part of Bolin Services when he was called The Collector. I don't remember a particularly good match he had (mostly just these squashes like on SD) but I did remember his incredible credentials. They even had Angle come down for a special OVW Louisville Gardens show, since Angle was the only man to ever beat him in college. Of course Angle beat him again and soon after Terkay was history.

I don't know what to think of this whole Rey/Chavo angle. I'm not as offended by it as some people, mainly because I figure if Chavo is going to be in a major angle it's almost got to involve Eddie in some way. I just don't get why Chavo is in any way the heel in this. Over the past year Rey has used his son in an angle to get himself over, and then used the death of his best friend to get himself into the main event. Do they even realize how bad Rey looks in some ways? Further, there's a rumor of Vicki "turning heel" and siding with Chavo. Thing is, Vicki Guerrero CAN'T TURN HEEL. She frames the issue between them. It is Vicki who ultimately decides who is right and who is wrong here: If she sides with Rey, then Rey isn't offending the Guerreros, and Chavo is a bitter heel loner. If she sides with Chavo, then Rey is a sneaky opportunist using Eddie's name to get himself over.

I recall a few months ago mentioning the whole Chavo heel turn scenario to my dad. His response: "You know, I can see why Chavo would be rightfully upset with Rey. He shouldn't be out there constantly talking about Eddie. He isn't a relative." In the end, they are asking fans to cheer for a guy who has been using his dead best friend, and to boo the dead man's nephew who is legitimately grieving.

Besides that, SD is a nice breath of fresh air compared to Raw. Raw has a show built around a bunch of old guys (Vince, Hogan, Flair, Foley, even HBK and HHH), whereas SD has a new talent initiative and brings in newcomers as well as having a solid mix of veteran guys.

And yes, I watched the Diva Search segment last night mainly for Luke Perry.