TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

The Beer Thread.

Parameters? I ask because I'd think that many of us would nominate a local brewpub draft, and it's be difficult for us to judge on that.

Guest Vitamin X

I don't think there are enough internationally known brews for a draft like this to happen, and the ones that are suck. It would have to definitely be a regional contest, as few of us are familiar with brews from abroad (I do know Latin American, English, Belgian, and some Canadian beers pretty damn well, though! But I suspect I don't have many people out there like myself..)

That's definitely what I'd be all for. But then that wouldn't be a draft, it'd be more of a compilation of regional brews (microbrew, commercial local - like Shiner or Fat Tire - et al) to try out.

I don't mind Steelback, but I'll sleep with an ugly girl if it's last call.

Steeler, on the other hand? Yecccccccccccccccccch.

By the way, his name is Frank D'Angelo. How the hell did he rope Espo into those spots? I don't care if they're all geriatrics now, he has no place anywhere near those ex-players.

Guest Vitamin X

They probably don't need an "ice" version since everything here in the states is watered down as it is. Remember how Canadians thought it funny that we consider Smirnoff Ice a girly drink down here? Apparently up there it's made with the real shit.

By the way, his name is Frank D'Angelo. How the hell did he rope Espo into those spots? I don't care if they're all geriatrics now, he has no place anywhere near those ex-players.

I remember how they were giving away free passes to the Toronto Indy at an Argos game the one year they sponsored it. Giving them away were (ahem) "models" that had less on than dancers at the Rail.

They probably don't need an "ice" version since everything here in the states is watered down as it is. Remember how Canadians thought it funny that we consider Smirnoff Ice a girly drink down here? Apparently up there it's made with the real shit.

You are correct - it's Vodka+carbonated lemonade up here. I've actually seen people spit Smirnoff Ice out and say "what is this shit" when they had the US version.

But that aside Molson Ice was a beer made by the mythical ice brewing process, which I seem to recall was more gimmick than anything else.

Not that I drink mixed shit anymore but back in the day Smirnoff Ice quickly became one of my most hated drinks. My own fault though as I chugged six of them back in less then an hour and was sick as a dog.

Not that I drink mixed shit anymore but back in the day Smirnoff Ice quickly became one of my most hated drinks. My own fault though as I chugged six of them back in less then an hour and was sick as a dog.

Damn, thats some dangerous shit!

wbier07_43835734_11.jpg

I heard about this in a Cracked article the other day, and it's become very important that I find it.

Suffikator

That is the most metal beer ever. I would drink that exclusively... if only that were possible.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

That is badass. Whichever one of us finds it first mails the other a bottle. Deal?

It's true, Blue and Canadian taste better on tap, but that's not really saying much, is it?

I developed a taste for this one when I was living in Houston:

3952-1281.jpg

newcastle_brown_ale.jpg

Dependable enough whenever I go to a bar/restaurant with a poor selection. Usually this is available for me to fall back on so I don't have to go with one of the beasts. Plus my good friend bought me a 12 pack for my birthday this past year. I asked her why she chose Newcastle and she replied that it's what she always sees me drink when I go out, so there ya go.

Guest Vitamin X

What? Cherry Beer? What kind of fucking queer shit is that? Especially when you're talking about Belgian beers!

Chmay_Blue_75.jpg

Fuck your guys' blue collar found in every supermarket shit, I'm rollin high class here. This beer is so good you need a snifter/brandy glass to fully appreciate all the subtle flavors, the aroma, and of course, the 9% ABV as well.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/215/2512

hopdevil.jpg

Hop Devil. Most everything Victory puts out is tasty (Golden Monkey kind of sucks hard), but the Hop Devil is the most reliable and versatile IMO.

I didn't think we were rollin' high class here! Good, I got some imported and micro brewed faves to throw at y'all once this thing rolls back around.

Hop Devil was a standard for me in the college years. Asheville was cool because they sold shit like this at Ingle's at a decent price, so if all the good specialty beer stores were closed, I'd be able to hop in the car and drive down the street and get some quality stuff late.

Guest Vitamin X

Dude, I live in Oregon- they call this place Beervana. I'm all about the microbrews.

I gotta try that Hop Devil stuff, though. I love hoppy beers.