TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - August/14th/2006.

The thing with Hogan/Orton is, win or lose, where does Orton go from there? Hogan will be off TV for another couple of months. With Cena/Edge - TLC and Triple H/Umaga for Unforgiven who does Orton feud with? Michaels, maybe? Or a short feud between Orton/Carlito might be fun.

I just remembered Harry Smith is suppose to debut after/at SummerSlam. It'll probably be Orton/Smith at Unforgiven.

I'm not surprised Raw sucked....again. With Summerslam being Raw heavy, I figured they were going to promote the show with angles/storylines and have very little wrestling. I'm actually surprised that Nitro,Spirt Squad,and The Highlanders even got on Raw. I'm also wondering why the Randy Orton/Hulk Hogan thing didn't happen at the 10 o'clock hour and have the Carlito/Edge match as the main event or just switch the two around. Have the Orton/Hogan segement before the Carlito/Edge match. The whole Hogan ending the show helped suck the rest of the little life that Raw had right out of the show.

If Summerslam remains a Raw heavy ppv, I won't get it.

Answered your own question. Why exactly would Hulk Hogan grace the wrestling world with his presence if he didn't get to end the show?

I think you guys are reading a bit much into the dead crowd for Hogan. First off, Orton totally killed the crowd with his yawn inducing promo (note the sign: Orton is boring). Second, they already played the music for the fake Hogan. I'd say the crowd assumed it was another joke Hogan, like a midget or something and thus didn't react.

Is this the only guy here that knows why this feud isn't working?

Yeah, blame Hogan. The guy that did 600,000 buys last year for Summerslam. Yep, no one wants to see Hogan anymore. The crowd tonight was hot when his music played for the first time, went crazy when he did come out, and cheered his comeback. Everything else with the impersonator, they were dead for. Now, which part is the old wrestling formula, and which one is the new WWE quasi-retarded formula?

Simple wrestling formulas are hard enough for the writers to understand. These ridicuous extracurricular stuff that's stapled on are even worse.

The entire idea of Hogan/Orton was fucking retarded in the first place.

Umm, no. This was a terribly-booked angle that began with an interesting plot. What could've been "creepy slimy bastard" Orton was inexplicably transformed into "I hate old people" Orton. Why no mention of Brooke in the last month or so? Does name recognition scare this company?

This week's Raw was worse than last week. Every segment sucked(especially the Orton/Hogan one, Hogan was awful!) and there were no good matches.

Even I must admit Randall's promo was boring as shit tonight, and this feud has been nothing but terrible.

But, most of the time, Orton is still over enough to keep his job, so quit your bellyachin'.

Can I buy some weed from you? Orton is the main reason this feud is bombing, it takes an experienced wrestler like a Shawn Michaels, a Ted Dibiase, a Randy Savage, or a Ric Flair to make Hogan look like a top babyface. Instead of wasting this feud with Orton WWE should've used Edge as the guy disrespecting his former idol Hogan.

Edge doesn't need anymore rub...Orton is the guy that really needs something badly, the problem is, he's proving that once he's given the ball, he can't run with it...it's a shame because he has shown promise in 2004 and 2005.

Hogan is not the kind of guy Orton should be feuding with. At least at this stage in his career, Orton needs to be in the ring either with guys who can up his workrate and carry him to decent matches, or someone that won't use their creative control to neuter his slimy persona and not put him over. Orton shows promise and still has heat but he needs credibility from a solid feud badly or it will really harm his career prospects.

I've said it a few times on here before, but Orton is the definition of a guy who would have been released 10 years ago. The way he was buried and jobbed in major feuds is like the way Nash was jobbed out before he left in 1996.

After they've done this and jobbed him out for various reasons....what can you really do with him? Regardless of whether he wins the Hogan match or not there are simply guys they won't sacrifice to get Orton over. HHH is going to want the belt back at some point, so he's going to go over Orton en route to an Edge feud. I also doubt they will want to job Cena out to Orton, since Cena would be coming off of a loss to Edge in that feud.

I also heard they might go with Orton/Smith at Unforgiven. I dunno what to think of that match, mainly because I have yet to see young Harry in action.

Just wondering but why are they going back to Orton/HHH anyway? Like that feud produced such great results in 2004/05. :rolleyes:

That said, I figure Harry will get some kind of win in the feud to establish him, but Orton eventually gets the last laugh if he's moving on to HHH.

Would it have been THAT hard for someone to take 5 minutes earlier on to show faux Hogan how to run the ropes? I don't think so. If they're gonna put someone in the ring to get beaten up by Hogan, you'd think they'd get someone with an OUNCE of wrestling knowledge to not get tangled up in the ropes and ruin an otherwise perfectly devestating big-boot.

Am i wrong?

Man, I'm not one of those whiners who says "This was the worst RAW ever" week after week, but this week's show was simply BORING. I fell asleep before 10 PM last night watching RAW. The only thing I found remotely exciting was the promo for Jeff Hardy's return.

I find it absolutely hillarious that 10 years ago, WWE was running skits mocking Hogan's age and ability, and now Jim Ross has to shill him as one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, a whole decade later. I don't mind him wrestling once in a while, but stop pretending this match against Orton is going to be some epic encounter, when it will probably suck ass, and everyone knows it.

I find it absolutely hillarious that 10 years ago, WWE was running skits mocking Hogan's age and ability, and now Jim Ross has to shill him as one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, a whole decade later. I don't mind him wrestling once in a while, but stop pretending this match against Orton is going to be some epic encounter, when it will probably suck ass, and everyone knows it.

This is why I can't watch wrestling anymore. I haven't watched it since when Hogan came in the first time and was the champion for some reason in 2002.

Everyone with an ounce of sense knows that Hogan is no good in the ring, it just takes two pair of eyes to tell that much.

I don't know who in the WWE is such a Hogan mark but its senseless.

no matches on the hype show before a PPV....first time that's ever happened...

Anyone remember the days when the hard-sell for ppvs would be the 2 hour specials on USA ('Summerslam Spectacular', 'Road to Wrestlemania', etc) and would actually include good matches and actually did a good job of hyping the upcoming events?

Would it have been THAT hard for someone to take 5 minutes earlier on to show faux Hogan how to run the ropes? I don't think so. If they're gonna put someone in the ring to get beaten up by Hogan, you'd think they'd get someone with an OUNCE of wrestling knowledge to not get tangled up in the ropes and ruin an otherwise perfectly devestating big-boot.

Am i wrong?

no

anyhow the show was kinda meh for me. Here's my patented quick thoughts?

as for why they didnt have great build matches, its probably cuz of the deal in present-day in wwe when all the opponents at summerslam have faced each other once or numerous times before on tv (save for hogan and orton)

so I guess Kane is not getting his IC title shot at slam?

man this ppv might as well be a raw only ppv

notice how in the diva search this year, they suddenly stopped having the winner of the challenges be immune to elimination? (after the first week actually) maybe its cuz t hey realized that after they had an immune perosn, they still wanted people to vote for them (to get money from the text messages? then again who is going to pay all that when you can vote online for free?) unless, they are trying to rig it even more obviosuly this year?

I dont see any good coming out of this one actually. and must they watse our time by having a results show on usa instead of just announcing the winner next week as per the usual?

forget it I'm going to pretend this is not happening.

Mickie jobs to Lita? what purposes does this serve other than having another hometown person job in their own backyard?

Wait, does Cena still live with his dad?

and how did they get in the house anyhow? and why did the camera man stand there and not run out with edge?

Can someone explain to me the point of Mickie James jobbing in her hometown? Was she set up to be the hometown face so WWE can fuck the fans and give Edge heat? Is she still a heel? Why is Lita champion when she's "leaving?"

I'm starting to find J.R. perversely entertaining. His fuckups are the highlight of the week for me. Last week was listening to him trying to say that ridiculous "fruity, fruity, fruity Skittles" ad. This week - "Six letters - I QUIT!". Oh... and "I love Godsmack".

The whole problem with this feud is nobody believes for a second Orton has a chance against Hogan. Showing that he has "killed" such legends as David Crosby, Old woman in tights, GI JOE, and Captain Perv doesn't convince people he is anything.

The legends who can still move kicked him all over the place. The guy is dead in the water and even the fans know it now.

I've always wondered about this. Orton is a legend killer who hasn't killed any legends.

Legend Killer is a good gimmick. They really ought to let someone use it sometime.

Can someone explain to me the point of Mickie James jobbing in her hometown? Was she set up to be the hometown face so WWE can fuck the fans and give Edge heat? Is she still a heel? Why is Lita champion when she's "leaving?"

Lita isn't leaving for another 3 months. Plently of time to either give Trish a transistion title reign to put over Melina in Trish's hometown on her way out or to set up a Loser Leaves Town type stipulation with Lita at Unforgiven (with Lita losing the title before she leaves as well)

Mickie is a complete tweener but she's a fan favorite now but she is still characterized as a loon by Ross and King, so she isn't a full face yet.

I still think they have a interesting set up here with Nitro/Melina, Trish/Carlito and Edge/Lita. I wouldn't put it past them to pair up Cena and Maria again and have some wacky angle developing over that. A 4 corner inter-gender match would at least be different from another SS/DX or Edge/Cena main event.

I still think they have a interesting set up here with Nitro/Melina, Trish/Carlito and Edge/Lita. I wouldn't put it past them to pair up Cena and Maria again and have some wacky angle developing over that. A 4 corner inter-gender match would at least be different from another SS/DX or Edge/Cena main event.

Hey, I really like that idea. But instead of Maria... make it Mickie James.

Hey, I really like that idea. But instead of Maria... make it Mickie James.

I would perfer Mickie but she doesn't really fit with Cena unless they wanted to do a "Mickie drives Cena insane" angle which could be potential gold but Maria is the easy way out and she already has established history with Cena. They could even make this a Survivor Series style match with Nitro/Edge/Melina/Lita/Foley Vs Carlito/Cena/Trish/Maria/Flair.

You got a pair of great bumpers, two decent woman wrestlers and two guys with heat and it merges a multitude of programs into one and the heel team all are connected anyways.