TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Top 10 Hip Hop Groups...

Your wrong. It's been known since forever that Sauce Money wrote it.

Here's proof backing my statement... From Sauce Money's wikipedia page.

As reported by Jaz-O, he and Sauce Money were never very comfortable with signing to Roc-A-Fella Records or being managed by Dame Dash, as Jay-Z was. So it was with little surprise when Sauce left the label with little fanfare and was scarcely heard from again until 1997, when he won a Grammy for ghostwriting Puff Daddy's tribute to The Notorious B.I.G., "I'll Be Missing U".

and from another source...

http://www.21lyric.com/S/Sauce-Money-lyrics/biography.html

But he caught the entire music industry's attention for good in 1998 when he penned the lyrics for Puff Daddy's Grammy Award winning mega hit tribute to Biggie Smalls "I'll Be Missing You." "I knew the song was going to be big, because BIG was so loved," Sauce explains in his familiar, husky voice.

Guest DRH 502

Ahh so this is the Sauce Money Cam talks about in the "U Gotta love It" track??

Yup. He was from the same projects as Jay Z(Marcy Projects) and came up in the rap game with him.

But he didn't really get along with Damon Dash so he never released an album under Def Jam, but him and Jigga are still cool. Infact Sauce Money appeared at the "I Declare War" concert.

Guest DRH 502

Ah. So whats all this shit Cam's talkin' on the song? Is he sayin' Jay has forgetton the cats he came up with?

He killed him with that line about stabbing Un over Charli Baltimore. Has Jay responded yet or is he not going to? Jay would murder Cam lyrically...I don't see how Jay would sit back and not say anything after he did that Swagger Jacker song...

Ah. So whats all this shit Cam's talkin' on the song? Is he sayin' Jay has forgetton the cats he came up with?

He killed him with that line about stabbing Un over Charli Baltimore. Has Jay responded yet or is he not going to? Jay would murder Cam lyrically...I don't see how Jay would sit back and not say anything after he did that Swagger Jacker song...

Problay. Which is bullshit, because even after Sauce Money left Rocafella, Jay Z appeared on his CD that he released under an indie label. Sauce Money made enough cash off ghostwritting.

Who knows if Jigga is gonna responed to Cam. I personally thought the diss was trash, and Cam made himself look like a dumbass, because he stole lines from other rappers aswell.

Guest DRH 502

Oh I agree man Cam is a loud mouthed moron, but dude he is making some heavy allegations on that song...I want to hear Jay rip him apart. Cam just wants the spotlight and what better way to get it then go after Hovito? Also on that CD with "Oh Boy" and "Hey Ma" there were numerous lines he bit from Big L. It was really sad because he rearranged afew words and I guarantee he believes they are original because of that...

Jay won't respond. Cam isn't on his level, at all.

Plus, other then some guest verses Jay isn't doing any records right now.

He did mention in an interview in XXL that he might release a new album, but he doesn't give a fuck about Cam.

He's not the Best Rapper Alive now, he's President Carter.

kottonmouth kings are even worse than onyx & bone thugs. seriously. all of you just leave. you're all so awful.

You are ignorant and have awful taste in music. "Eazy E fell off after Dre and Cube left him" his albums only went gold and double platinum. Maybe he didn't have the success Dre or Cube did overall because he DIED. But to say he fell off is fucking retarded.

Also, I am saddened by the lack of Three 6 Mafia, Dayton Family, NATAS and UGK being mentioned in this thread. Props to whoever mentioned the Kottonmouth Kings, they are great. They cater to stoners and the ICP/Twiztid crowd so they won't get love in this thread but they have some amazing songs.

kottonmouth kings are even worse than onyx & bone thugs. seriously. all of you just leave. you're all so awful.

You are ignorant and have awful taste in music. "Eazy E fell off after Dre and Cube left him" his albums only went gold and double platinum. Maybe he didn't have the success Dre or Cube did overall because he DIED. But to say he fell off is fucking retarded.

Also, I am saddened by the lack of Three 6 Mafia, Dayton Family, NATAS and UGK being mentioned in this thread. Props to whoever mentioned the Kottonmouth Kings, they are great. They cater to stoners and the ICP/Twiztid crowd so they won't get love in this thread but they have some amazing songs.

I'm a huge UGK and 3 6 Mafia fan, but they didn't caught my top 10 list. Ridin Dirty is among my favorite CD's of all time though.

ya, OK

I'm a huge UGK and 3 6 Mafia fan, but they didn't caught my top 10 list. Ridin Dirty is among my favorite CD's of all time though.

The only group mentioned in dude's post that could even crack a top 20 or top 25 is UGK.

Don't even get me started.

No doubt.

There's like maybe 4 tracks between the whole ICP camp that I can listen to often.

One of my boys was heavy into them when he was like 14.

Also, I am saddened by the lack of Three 6 Mafia, Dayton Family, NATAS and UGK being mentioned in this thread.

YES. "N of tha World" is the best CD I've heard this year.

I hated when my stoner friends would make me listen to Kottonmouth Kings.

What about your internet friends sending you ICP over AIM. Then you claiming to listen to it, but not really doing so. :(

Guest Felonies!
Also, I am saddened by the lack of Three 6 Mafia, Dayton Family, NATAS and UGK being mentioned in this thread.

YES. "N of tha World" is the best CD I've heard this year.

I hated when my stoner friends would make me listen to Kottonmouth Kings.

What about your internet friends sending you ICP over AIM. Then you claiming to listen to it, but not really doing so. :(

I did listen to it, geez. I tried at least. Now shut up or I'll make you listen to "Peking O"

I'm foaming at the mouth just thinking about it.

Guest DRH 502

I get high off your memories high off your memories high off your memoriessss...I get high, High, high, high, hiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhh.

Somebody I forgot to mention earlier as one of the biggest Ghost Writers is 50 Cent.

Dude's been writing for platinum rappers and r&B singers since he was signed to Columbia.