TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urban Warfare

Madden NFL 07

Seeing how this is a Madden thread, I'm hoping my fellow brethern might help me out on this question:

I have the Madden '05 collector's edition. Would I be able to import a NCAA '05 draft class? I don't know if this feature works for this collector's edtion and I can't find information on this anywhere.

Just picked up the game for 360 and it is amazing.

Just a few thoughts:

- The announcer is annoying as hell. I loved Madden and Al Michaels in the booth so not having them this year is very different.

- Played an exhibition with the Cardinals and the new stadium is stunning. Amazing detail there.

- Go into the Hall of Fame, and you can view clips of a handful of the players. I thought that was a nice touch.

- Pre-game introductions are awesome, and all I can say is it's about fucking time these made their way into the game.

- There are alot of sweet animations in between plays, showing off the detail of the game.

- Ed Hochuli being the ref is pretty cool, looks like they even got those new ref uniforms in the game.

- Gameplay wise, running was nicely balanced. Some plays you would get 5-6 yard gains, other plays you would lose yardage.

I haven't bought or played a football game since NFL 2k5 (which I still play my Giants franchise on) but since I work at Circuit City now, Im sure Ill see some demos maybe. maybe Ill rent it first for ps2

First play with the G-Men, Torbor causes a fumble on the Colts 20 yard line.

And I couldn't get the 40 yard dash down at all, how do you do it?

I'm so trading Vick immediately in my dynasty.

What's the reason for that? Makes it too easy, or you just hate him for whatever reason?

Anyway, despite the somewhat lackluster reviews, I'll probably end up buying this. I need my madden fix. And I love the idea of Hall of Fame mode.

I think he's a hell of a player, don't get me wrong. But I don't like Vick personally. I think he's the whole reason why my Falcons (because I'm Canadian, I "adopted" a team to root for) aren't as good. I honestly believe he's a RB or WR who just happens to play QB and do it pretty badly. Yes, we win games with him as QB, yet at the same time we don't win Championships.

But then again, I might play a team that desperately needs to be saved, like the Lions or the worst team in the NFL (which ever one that is), simply because then I can set my own stamp on the organization. Likely might go this route as well.

The Hall of Fame mode sounds better than last year. I'll hafta give it a go.

I'm so trading Vick immediately in my dynasty.

What's the reason for that? Makes it too easy, or you just hate him for whatever reason?

Anyway, despite the somewhat lackluster reviews, I'll probably end up buying this. I need my madden fix. And I love the idea of Hall of Fame mode.

It's all in first-person mode, which takes some getting used to.

More accurately, first person over the shoulder, but I'm used to quite a bit back.

Picked up the PS2 version at the family owned video stored around here. Pretty good, few minor glitches but who cares. Sucks that is only a one day rental, I'm taking it back after school.

I think he's a hell of a player, don't get me wrong. But I don't like Vick personally. I think he's the whole reason why my Falcons (because I'm Canadian, I "adopted" a team to root for) aren't as good. I honestly believe he's a RB or WR who just happens to play QB and do it pretty badly. Yes, we win games with him as QB, yet at the same time we don't win Championships.

But then again, I might play a team that desperately needs to be saved, like the Lions or the worst team in the NFL (which ever one that is), simply because then I can set my own stamp on the organization. Likely might go this route as well.

The Hall of Fame mode sounds better than last year. I'll hafta give it a go.

Because the Falcons have played so amazingly well when Vick isn't in.

Fuck Madden. I guess I can kind of see wanting to watch your dynasty players get drafted to an NFL team, but I can't imagine playing it regularly when I already have NCAA. I mean, college football's hella fun, and the NFL sucks dick. If I buy it, it will only be because I play poker for a living, win and lose thousands of dollars in a day, and don't give a flying fuck about money. Why a person working a 9 to 5 job would buy both is beyond me.

You know...I've been posting here for years and I can honestly say that ^ is one of the worst posts I've ever read.

Sorry, I'm a terrible poster when I'm trashed. I actually did win $10,000 this night in a poker tourney, although that's really unusual for me (second biggest cash I've ever had), and the fact that I won it was the reason I got so drunk in the first place. I wouldn't have even bothered responding again, but I saw about 5 people commented on my shitty post, so I thought I'd explain myself a little.

Matt Schaub is a better pure QB than Michael Vick. Its just that Michael Vick is an amazing athlete and can run his way out of jams and into positive yardage like nobody's bussiness.

So what I'm really saying is that if Vick had a severe injury that turned him into a pocket QB then he would be a step below Shaub.

To any one who has played a year in franchise mode(maybe too early to ask, I know), do the running backs still get rediculous amounts of yards every year still? I swear, every year in the last game either Clinton Portis, Jamal Lewis, Ladanian Tomlinson, or all three would get 2500+ yards on 450+ carries. I don't know why, it just bothered me to see the rushing record being destroyed every year.

Guest Princess Leena

Vick gets too much shit thrown on him for his throwing ability. Most games, he's adequately accurate. And there's no doubt he has a powerful arm. His main problem is he's too confident with his arm (ala Favre). He tries threading in passes, and Vick's never going to be able to do that.

If I were Atlanta, I'd just let Vick run as much as his heart desires now. He's 26, and had numerous injuries already. And once his running ability goes down a bit, he's not starting QB caliber. So, use him while you can.

Good point Leena. I forgotten about his age catching up to him finally. I guess if I do use Atlanta, I'll do that.

I still don't know what team I want to use. If I wanna go fix up the Jets, try to make the Texans a respectable team (say wha...?), boot out the Lions ownership group and save that franchise, or play as Atlanta.

I'm also thinking of whatever team I play as I might relocate to another city. Just cause I could and cause I'd like a team in Canada. ...stupid game not allowing for expansion teams.

Has Matt Shaub won a game? I seriously don't think that he has. Not one.

Bottom line, Vick is a average to good "regular" QB. When you add his playmaking ability with his legs he is a great PLAYER. They got away from that last year and started trying to make him pocket man, which, well...basically makes him the same qb as the rest of the league. Its like Reggie Miller deciding he didn't want to be known as just a jump shooter so he refused to take a shot outside of 8 feet.

In this game though, the falcons offense is unstoppable. Defense...well...thats another story. But goddamn that offense is incredible.

I think with Vick it's mostly what he wants to be known for. He reminds me of Daunte Culpepper early on in his career. Daunte was incredibly talented, but also very raw. He made bad choices and tried to do too much on every play.

I think that's part of Vick's problem, he plays totally with his heart and not as much with his head. If he would just realise that sometimes there is nothing available and throw it away, he would be a much better quarterback.

Vick can be deadly accurate when he's dialed in and has a very good arm. He's just too hung up on making something happen on every play. When Daunte started realising that you can't win on every play, he put up some sick numbers and the team was better off.

Okay, I bought the game, and playing as a Wide Reciever in Hall of Fame mode is pretty damn fun. Especailly since I planned on being a dickish egomaniac type guy, and ironically I got drafted by the Eagles. I'm going to acquire the Drew Rosenhaus-esque agent as soon as possible, and start rasing hell in Philly.

Guest Princess Leena

Heh, that's a good idea Pujols guy. I think I'll try that as well. Might as well do something with Madden.

Slightly off-topic.

How much does John Madden earn from these games? I don't know the history of Madden. Did EA come to Madden and ask to use his name for their NFL game?

I was thinking that. Could Madden just be like "Umm, I don't want to be with EA anymore."?

But I traded Tiki and Strahan to the Saints for Bush and some RE, which I cut, then signed Brady Smith since he was a free agent and stuck him at LE. I am just about to play a game, so hopefully Bush works out, which I am sure he will.

I have a random question: I'm sorta taking my time with the game and I'm doing season and I'm only on the pre-season right now. Does the annoucing change or is it "the radio annoucer" the entire season?