TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urban Warfare

Madden NFL 07

wow...thats really weird. Figure they would get a annouce team or something.

Honestly, I don't mind not having Madden to announce.

I think him not being on the game is due to the whole shake up in TV rights that the NFL did just before the season and that EA didn't have the time to try and set up things for whatever channel and announcer John would be with this year.

The whole radio thing actually gets me more pumped to play it. Don't know what it is exactly, but I just get more in-tune with the game and not have to worry about John bemoaning about my play-calling...

Man, I don't know about being on the Eagles. It seems like Donovan takes off running like every other passing play, which is bringing my receptions down. I'm starting to see where TO was coming from. Throw me the damn ball!

Heh, that's a good idea Pujols guy.

After realizing that my name is pretty lame, I am content to be known as "the Pujols guy".

You should change your name to "The Pujols Guy". Seriously.

I'm thinking of testing out the Madden HoF, but if I'm doing that, I wanna create a player that goes through NCAA. I'm thinking of going QB, just for the entertainment value of dodging sacks.

BTW, when playing QB, do you have a cone when throwing during HoF, or not?

That's horrible Mole, unless you were a fatass lineman. My best time on Madden was 4.31.

So I decided to start a Superstar, a WR, and got drafted to the Saints. If nothing else, the Saints are gonna have an explosive offense with Brees, McAllister, Bush, Horn, Stallworth and now me.

Alright, I've had it with the fucking fumbling in this game. It is starting to ruin my game experience.

I've had several games in my Saints franchise where I've either been leading or trying to comeback and it would always end with a bullshit fumble and me losing.

For the most part, Reggie Bush is the guy who fumbles the most (he had 11 last season). Just wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions to limit this problem.

I enjoyed the 'Agile backs will dodge the defender. Power backs will simply run over the defender. Shaun Alexander will pick the defender up and break them over his knee before using his shattered corpse to fend off other defenders on the way to the end zone.' part of the running tutorial.

You can, but you have to turn it on to begin with. The default option is set to off.

Also I learned the hard way importing a Campus Legend into HoF is kinda... well, not realistic.

Oh thank God, cause I'd rather just throw than not.

How so? Getting drafted #1 overall, or what? Explain please. Cause getting drafted #1 overall wouldn't be bad. *thinks about who I'd be playing with* ...ok, I so take that back, I don't wanna be #1 overall.

Just beat Tennessee in my first preseason game, 40-20. My WR had 2 catches for 18 yards and a TD, but his big achievement was running back a 97 yard kickoff return for a TD.

Cool, congrats on that. ^_^

No, if you imported a legend, you go in the 2nd round. The 1st round is completely set. As for the unrealistic aspect, I walked into NFL with Peyton Manning's football intelligence, Tom Brady's winning drive, Brett Favre's gunslinging ability, Peyton again's accuracy, and Michael Vick... no, better than Vick's legs. As a rookie, I was rated 99. That's not realistic at all. They should have taken away some attributes to reflect the transition from college to pros.

p.s. thanks on the congrats.

You serious? It takes you exactly as is? And why the hell bother with it if you basically become God? I mean, I was just figuring if I built up my stats in NCAA I'll be able to have a great player. Not a superfreak.

That sucks.

Well I just finished my playing time in preseason game #2 vs the Cowboys. The sad thing is in the 1st half, I had more yards and TDs as a 3rd WR (behind Horn and Stallworth) than TO has had as the #1 option.

Final stats:

2 catches for 84 yards and 1 TD

4 kickoff returns for 229 yards and 2 TDs (for a 57.2 yards per return average).

Not bad.

So, I started my journey to Canton in Madden. I decided to go WR and Randy Moss is what I've been compared to. So I here I am, salvating at who brought me to their workouts: Colts (OMG), Browns (Edwards FTW!), and TB (hey, not bad). Looks like I'll be getting some good players to play with.

I did pretty good on the catching. Silvers in all my tryouts, and established myself pretty decently at the combine I figured.

Well, apparently I established myself too well. I end up not on any of those 3 teams. I get drafted by the

Baltimore Ravens!

I felt like reseting it, but figured I'd run with it. Did pretty good during the pre-season, establishing myself as the #2 (not that that was hard).

And during the season I've seemed to develop some nice chemistry with the lead QB as I've had 2 100 games receiving (300+ total), and gotten a ton of TDs so far. Although, I hate calling for the ball, cause my QB keeps chucking it too quickly sometimes for me to make a play.

You did better than my Saints WR. As the #3 option I was stuck coming in for like 5% of the plays, and only 25% of that 5% were passing plays. My main duty was returning kicks. I had to just give up on it and start over as QB.

It helps when I'm rated an 89 to start with (90 when I was finished), and my nearest competition is an 82.

I don't get many tosses honestly. I had a total of 5 and 8 passes my way for both games. My first game I only caught 3. The past game I caught 5.

^_^ I also got player of the week for Week 2 by getting like 300 yards returning +2TDs and nearly 200 yards receiving. That was fun.

Its actually not bad being apart of the Ravens offense. We've managed to beat TB in OT (thanks to me getting us in FG range) and just whooped the Raiders. Just gotta keep it up.

Also is there any announcing in the game? I tried starting up my franchise season in Madden and while I was playing the game there was no announcing. I found this odd, and had to double check if I was in my SuperStar mode, but yeah no announcing. What happened to it?

Guest Vitamin X

Fuck Madden. I guess I can kind of see wanting to watch your dynasty players get drafted to an NFL team, but I can't imagine playing it regularly when I already have NCAA. I mean, college football's hella fun, and the NFL sucks dick. If I buy it, it will only be because I play poker for a living, win and lose thousands of dollars in a day, and don't give a flying fuck about money. Why a person working a 9 to 5 job would buy both is beyond me.

You know...I've been posting here for years and I can honestly say that ^ is one of the worst posts I've ever read.

Agreed. And it isn't even the point that he makes about buying both NCAA and Madden, it's the argument he uses. HI I'M A PROFESSIONAL GAMBLER AND I MAKE AND LOSE LOTS OF MONEY. YOU SIMPLETONS CARE ABOUT MONEY, PSSHT!

Fucking douchebag.

It helps when I'm rated an 89 to start with (90 when I was finished), and my nearest competition is an 82.

I don't get many tosses honestly. I had a total of 5 and 8 passes my way for both games. My first game I only caught 3. The past game I caught 5.

^_^ I also got player of the week for Week 2 by getting like 300 yards returning +2TDs and nearly 200 yards receiving. That was fun.

Its actually not bad being apart of the Ravens offense. We've managed to beat TB in OT (thanks to me getting us in FG range) and just whooped the Raiders. Just gotta keep it up.

Also is there any announcing in the game? I tried starting up my franchise season in Madden and while I was playing the game there was no announcing. I found this odd, and had to double check if I was in my SuperStar mode, but yeah no announcing. What happened to it?

Pfft. Rookies shouldn't be rated 90, no matter how you slice it. I was rated 84 (85 as the preseason ended). If the game was true to real life, Stallworth would have been traded and I'd have been #2. Ah well. I'm having loads of fun as the Chargers' starting rookie QB anyways.

I am playing the Texans right now, which are 1-6, and I can't get anything going with the run game. Bush (whom I traded Tiki and Strahan for) isn't doing jack shit and he is usually the focal point of my offense. I am forced to pass the ball a lot and I've thrown two picks.

Pfft. Rookies shouldn't be rated 90, no matter how you slice it. I was rated 84 (85 as the preseason ended). If the game was true to real life, Stallworth would have been traded and I'd have been #2. Ah well. I'm having loads of fun as the Chargers' starting rookie QB anyways.

Actually, I started out as an 84, just like you. But I worked hard during the pre-season and managed to build up a 6pt improvement. When you are a receiver and you start off with 84 overall, and the weakest part about you is your awareness and hands, you quickly rise up.

Its also kinda funny because Lewis broke his ankle to end the pre-season and its Mike Anderson running wild on defenses. I'm currently playing the deep receiver role it seems as I get a lot of deep routes. I also liek it that McNair trusts me enough to toss it my way now. He didn't toss it at all to me during the pre-season, but now I get it nearly anytime he notices I'm open and waving my arms.

Trust me. Pre-season means JACK. As soon as you establish any semblence of doing well, you'll be killed in the regular season. Plus being on the Chargers will help anyone out.

Should've been on someone like the Browns. ...hey wait. You are starting on the Chargers? I thought Rivers was higher than 84?

When you play first teams all the time for 4 quarters, you are gonna have problems. However, if your line is good during a regular season game and you still overwhelm them, THEN increase the level.

...I keep getting clipping calls cause the stupid people I'm trying to pancake during the run keep turning around. ^_^ Its funny, cause I do actually pancake the CB covering me quite often.

Yeah, and also taking sacks from the looks of it. I toyed with it for a bit.

Also, I never did get an answer. I'm doing a dynasty and I have a game, but no actual commentary for it. What's up with that?