TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

No Holds Barred (Feedback & Voting)

82 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the NHB (No Holds Barred) Folder?

• Yes
    • No

But the jokes are not funny anymore. It is pointless for a bunch of white people saying it all over just becuse its an internet message board. I doubt every black person on the board likes the word being used all the freaking time, I know one that gets annoyed by it.

I couldn't careless about my life being everyone's joke in NHB, fuck it, but right now its nothing more than spam of dipshit threads, racial bullshit, and dumbasses running around like a bunch of Dee Deedees©.

Congrats, I was agreeing with you, but you lose for quoting Carlos fucking Mencia.

No doubt. "Got a problem with another poster? Take It Here!"

Wasn't something like that the original tag-line for the folder?

EDIT: How is using the N-Word racist if you're, you know, black or black people are using it with you? This is how my friends are in real life, I figured it would be alright on a message board too.

Also, I haven't seen any actual racism. Some jokes that were made in bad taste, sure. But we're at a PRO WRESTLING message board. Pro Wrestling and Bad Taste go together great.

Are you really asking how a racist term is racist if you're using it in a racist manner simply because you're the race it targets. I'm Puerto Rican, and if I go out in the street and call another Latino a "spic", I don't think he'll chuckle and say "well he's Latino, so it's OK, but if he was White/Black/Asian etc I'd fuck him up".

No, but if you were saying something in a joking manner to someone you know, then it's completly different. Granted, I don't know anyone here in real life, but I'm using the word know as in , I post on a message board with them. The point is still the same. If you're black and call people "teddy bear" then I don't see how that's racist. If you're not black and use the term in a joking manner, then it's not racist. Racism comes into play when the word is used with hatred behind it.

Also, I wasn't even refering to to the use of "nigger", I was refering to "teddy bear". These are two completely different words, with different meanings.

This is all stupid anyway, 'cause like I've said multiple times, I haven't seen anyone being racist. Just jokes and shit, as far as I know. If there was blatant racism going on, I damn sure wouldn't be defending it.

There, I'm done.

Now, let's try to figure out who the hell called Admin to report a death threat made on a message board, that wasn't even a real death threat in the first place.

The whole point of NHB was to call out other posters.

You can call out posters without threatening them.

Back in the day we used to do it all the time. Kids today don't understand board psychology.

Guest Oblivious Heel

No Holds Barred means No Rules, Everything Goes, so close all these threads and tell the limp dicks to take some testosterone and stay off that page if they can't handle it.

The whole point of NHB was to call out other posters.

Um, no it wasn't. The original purpose of the NHB folder was to rid the WWE of an endless parade of anti-HHH, anti-WWE posts and cliquish behavior (HHHaters anyone?). The WWE folder was allowed to return to normal non-HHHate conversation and flaming HHH, WWE, and eventually other posters became the main purpose of NHB. Most early flame wars were between the lame HHHaters (I mean really, an internet clique of grown men devoted to hating HHH for his machinations in a pre determined sport replete with matching banners) and the small but extremely vocal minority of HHH supporters and those tired of overbearing posters like Anglesault who was at one time a demigod around here.

But it was calling out those posters and flaming them in an area of the board so that it wouldn't interfere with normal posting.

So, I was right.

Also, Czech needs to stop posting in hip hop threads.The threads already suck, and he just makes them worse.

We get get it dude, you don't like hip hop. It's not like i go on music threads you like and rip on Zappa.

If only there were Zappa threads in which to rip in the first place

Unfortunately there's only three notable fans here on the board.

Guest Felonies!

Considering my past rap tirades, the one you're flying off the handle about, ostensibly my St. Elsewhere joke, is comparatively innocuous. It wasn't even that I hate rap, I just can't pass up a Tommy Westphal reference.

An innocent one liner here and there is so much of an improvement over EHME arguing with Banky and serious discussion about artificial beef/s and whoever runs the rap game.

That whole "rap game" thread is possibly the worst thing posted in the Music folders. Christ that thread sucked. I don't give two shits about 50 Cent or Game.

I wish I could see Admin's original post. As it is, I'll make my comments public, and you all can flame away if you wish.

1. Others on the staff have suggested eliminating the Graphics and Testing Folder. This should be done, merging the posts into NHB if necessary.

2. Racism in any form is unacceptable. This includes use of the "n" word, which has gotten entirely out of control the last few months. This is something the mods should take steps on, warning (and banning) posters as situations dictate. Use of such terms outside of NHB should be entirely out of bounds.

3. Obviously posters want to keep NHB. It has its purposes. However, it can not continue entirely without rules. Certain activities, such as threats, scat pictures or what not are unacceptable. I know it's a place for internet feuds but threatening posters, even in fun, should not occur.

We're not looking to clamp down on everyone, just trying to manage some small problems on an otherwise good messageboard.

Unless it's illegal and the invison people start calling admin again, everything should be allowed in No Holds Barred.

Let me address this for the forums as a whole. Banishing the "n" word probably would not do any good, and clearly would already result in posters substituting new words and having a field day with it. So be it, as posters do not really want NHB heavily controlled anyway. That's fine. The board is supposed to be fun for the members.

Outside of NHB however, some of the language needs to be stopped. If you were to have a conversation with a stranger about, let's say sports, would you carelessly drop the "n" word, or similar foul language? Of course not. That's what I would like to see kept under control, and I don't think that is asking much.

As far as threats go, the admin did not tell us which poster had an issue and that's really none of our concern anyway. I'm not sure of the circumstances. Regardless, one topic was started with the phrase, "kill wp." That's clearly out of bounds. Calling someone out on an internet board are one thing. Physical threats, based in reality or not, are over the line.

Like I said, these are relatively minor instances on an otherwise good messageboard.

If you were to have a conversation with a stranger about, let's say sports, would you carelessly drop the "n" word, or similar foul language?

1. It's a word for all occasions!

or

2. *insert NBA remark here*

Guest Felonies!

I'd like to propose a rule that smileys and other such emoticons cannot be used without irony. We don't abuse them as badly as some boards, though, where it looks like everyone is a 32-year-old who just found out how to communicate on the World Wide Web!, but still, that :asshole2: makes me cringe. I'm routinely banned from other message boards because my facetious intent is not sledgehammered into people's heads with a yellow circle sticking its tongue out.

I'd like to propose a rule that smileys and other such emoticons cannot be used without irony. We don't abuse them as badly as some boards, though, where it looks like everyone is a 32-year-old who just found out how to communicate on the World Wide Web!, but still, that :asshole2: makes me cringe. I'm routinely banned from other message boards because my facetious intent is not sledgehammered into people's heads with a yellow circle sticking its tongue out.

I seriously wish that :asshole2: never existed. Christ I hate that.

Regardless, one topic was started with the phrase, "kill wp." That's clearly out of bounds. Calling someone out on an internet board are one thing. Physical threats, based in reality or not, are over the line.

It was me! Come on, it's not like it's a real person.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

WP is perfectly fine on other message boards, such as Smarkschoice. He's just playing you all for shits and giggles here.

Guest netslob
No Holds Barred means No Rules, Everything Goes, so close all these threads and tell the limp dicks to take some testosterone and stay off that page if they can't handle it.

Unless it's illegal and the invison people start calling admin again, everything should be allowed in No Holds Barred.

*round of applause*

thank you gentlemen, you've summed up this situation up succinctly. my hat's off to you.