TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

This Weekend in Baseball

Since the original TWiB thread is being swamped by the five game series, here's a thread for everyone else that's sick of 20 hour games between the two teams with the highest payrolls and somewhat annoying fanbases.

Have at it. Any posts regarding the You Know Who series in this thread will be deleted.

Soriano's hit the 30/30 mark again, and should finally be able to get to 40/40 as I predicted earlier this year. The Phillies have all but wasted the momentum of the 3 straight over the Mets, and that's OK by me.

Guest Brian
Somewhat annoying?

The "somewhat" is arbitrary. Well, this is a better solution than banning y'all for the weekend.

This just in...Brad Lidge still blows ass.

I'm excited to see Dave Borkowski start tomorrow. He's been shockingly great this season, despite having a 6.00 ERA in the AL...but, this isn't the AL, so he's better than good. Luke Scott's still hitting over .420 after 100 ABs. Adam Everett hasn't made an error in almost 70 games. There's bright spots for the Astros, especially since the damn Pirates have been kicking the Cards' and Reds' asses the past week or so.

If the Twins could put up this kind of consistency against Chicago and Detroit at their parks we would have a fighting chance of winning the Wild Card, which would be incredibly awesome.

Also, It's a strong possibility that Francisco Liriano could be back before the end of the season, which would just add to the awesomeness if he could regain his season long dominance that he had. If everything keeps up like this, the Twins could be very dangerous come Playoff time.

86 celebration tonight at Shea. Who brings the coke?

Keith Hernandez using Doc's guy naturally.

There's a post on the Braves ESPN board that says Tom Glavine has a blood clot in his arm and is done for the season and may need to retire. I pray to God this is not true. Anyone see anything?

Is anybody else watching the Mets/Rockies game on MLB.TV? My feed doesn't have any graphics and I'm curious as to whether it's a problem with SNY or with MLB.TV.

I really hope Guardado just has a case of tendonitis and it's nothing worse, Reds needed that closer spot filled by a guy who can protect 1-2 run leads and Eddie was doing it for the most part.

2006 Reds- still alive, we need to seriously need to win 3/4 for the remaining homstead before the West coast trip.

Hey now, overzealous snuffer. This is a 4-game set. I know it seems like a while ago, but my Astros won the first game of the series, and if we woulda started ANYBODY but Wandy Rodriguez today, we probably coulda taken this one, too. Rocket tomorrow. After that...who the Hell knows?

I dunno...they've been known to get as high as three runs for Clemens when they're feelin' froggy. With Garner using the entire bullpen (mostly) tonite, I hope Rocket can go about 12 strong innings of 3-hit shutout ball.

Mariners deal 43-year-old lefty Moyer to PhilliesAssociated Press

Jamie Moyer

Starting Pitcher

Seattle Mariners

2006 SEASON STATISTICS

GM W L BB K ERA

25 6 12 44 82 4.39

PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia Phillies bolstered their rotation, acquiring 43-year-old left-hander Jamie Moyer from the Seattle Mariners for two minor leaguers Saturday night.

Moyer was 6-12 with a 4.39 ERA for the Mariners. He's expected to start for the Phillies on Tuesday against the Chicago Cubs. Philadelphia has played well since overhauling its roster before last month's trade deadline, and is 2½ games behind NL wild-card leading Cincinnati.

The Phillies sent right-handed pitchers Andrew Baldwin and Andrew Barb to the Mariners for Moyer, who is making $5.5 million this season. Philadelphia also gets cash in the deal.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2555187

Jaime Moyer is a Phillie. Sent for two prospects.

I like the deal just for the fact they will likely get Mathieson out of the rotation now. He is clearly not ready and he doesn't need to get Gavined.

They are still in the race, plus they really didn't give up anything. He is a FA after the season, so no commitment to money for next year. Plus, I think they wanted to get Mathieson out of the rotation and didn't like any of the available options.

Guest Princess Leena

So, they basically traded Abreu and Lidle for Jamie Moyer. Good going.