TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Boxing Thread

Because we have threads for fights and they last a few posts, why shouldn't there just be a place where anyone can talk about boxing at any time? Sometimes there's good fight announcements, but there's nowhere to put them because there isn't a thread. If this isn't a good idea, let this roll down the page.

For fight announcements, it was just announced that Jermain Taylor is going to be fighting Kassim Ouma in December on HBO, at 160 pounds.

Holyfield won his comeback fight in convincing fashion last night. TKO round 2....of course I don't know much about his competition.

Also, it looks like the guy who just beat Rahman, Tasketav(sp?) is trying to line up a fight with Wlad for a title vs. title fight.

Ouma has no chin and will get KO'd in 3. It's not totally confirmed, but it would be the night of Hatton-Urango.

Ouma has no chin and will get KO'd in 3. It's not totally confirmed, but it would be the night of Hatton-Urango.

While his chin isn't the greatest, he knows how to stay in there and has a big heart.

Taylor doesn't have 1 punch KO power, so I really doubt he KO's Ouma.

Ouma doesn't tire out and keeps throwing, while Taylor isn't a busy fighter. Ouma will out punch Taylor to a UD.

Ouma's fighting 13 pounds over where he should be, that's why I think he'll lose. I don't like his pitty-pat punching style, even though his story is great and he deserves any titles and fights he gets.

Guest StylesMark

As stated in the Holyfield thread...I wish Lennox wouldn't have retired when he did.

Lewis & Vitali should just consider how much fucking cash they'd make and fight a rematch...it could redeem heavyweight boxing.

Guest StylesMark

Sure, if they seriously got in shape for a comeback.

Heavyweight boxing has been dead since those two left it.

Time to lose another prediction, missingear.

You stay following me around. Why you so obsessed with me? It's starting to become very homosexual like

Paul Williams is going to beat Shambra Mitchell tonight.

Williams demolished Mitchell. Mitchell was taking shot after shot for the whole 3rd and 4th rounds.

Margarito's mandatory is Williams, but it's for the WBO belt.

Today is Nikolai Valuev's 33rd birthday...he defends his belt Oct7 against Monte Barrett in Chicago. Monte is far from deserving of another shot at a belt, but has a definite chance of winning this. Either way, this fight is not what the heavyweight division needs.

Who else is excited about the Sept 16th ppv?

Today is Nikolai Valuev's 33rd birthday...he defends his belt Oct7 against Monte Barrett in Chicago. Monte is far from deserving of another shot at a belt, but has a definite chance of winning this. Either way, this fight is not what the heavyweight division needs.

Who else is excited about the Sept 16th ppv?

Any fight that will get rid of that fraud Valuev as a champion will certainly help out the heavyweight divison. It is certainly better then the proposed Valuev/Ruiz 2 fight.

I'm not going to be paying for the Sept 16th PPV. Although Rocky/Barrera 1 was a good fight, nothing I would want to pay money for because it doesn't really pump me up. Barrera is one of my favorites of all time, and I think Rocky will win this one, so I don't want to see Barrera lose.

But the fight I'm interested in is the Guzman fight. The guy is a beast. But I don't think he will carry the power into the Super Featherweight divison, so he will win by UD IMO.

Guzman hasnt been in the ring with anyone near Barrios' level. Barrios is one of the hardest punchers on the planet at that weight class...maybe THE hardest...and one of the toughest guys in boxing. Its a very intriguing matchup.

Guzman hasnt been in the ring with anyone near Barrios' level. Barrios is one of the hardest punchers on the planet at that weight class...maybe THE hardest...and one of the toughest guys in boxing. Its a very intriguing matchup.

While I haven't heard much about Barrios, I doubt he is a harder hitter then Pacquiao. But he holds a gread advantage over Guzman because Guzman is fighting out of his weight class. It sucks that the Harrison/Guzman fight didn't happen, because I thought Guzman could've beat him.

PacMan is the only puncher comparable to Barrios in the 130s.

Barrios really lifted his stock with his insane fight with Freitas a few years back (Barrios will smash him if they rematch) and has since massacred Mike Anchando and kod Nady in about 10 seconds. Barrios is an absolute beast.

Ok I have to Edit my last post for a 2nd time...it actually is FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS that is coming here tomorrow night, it is just that one of the fights is featuring the guy from the Contender.

Whatever scrub ESPN decides they like (as in Sergio Mora) will win. I don't really care enough about reality tv of any kind to have a desired choice.

Whatever scrub ESPN decides they like (as in Sergio Mora) will win. I don't really care enough about reality tv of any kind to have a desired choice.

Ishe Smith got robbed hard in the fight last season against Sergio Mora... I hate how they edit fights.

And Steve Forbes is far from a "scrub".. He was a former World Champion.

Castillo fined/suspended...

The Nevada State Athletic Commission, today threw the book at Jose Luis Castillo for not making the weight in his rubber match with Diego Corrales in June.Castillo was fined the maximum, $250,000 and had his boxing licensed suspended for the rest of the year. He will be eligible to reapply next year with the stipulation that he can't fight at less than 140 lbs.

-fightnews.com

My boy Ishe Smith dominated against a tomato can. I want to see him get his rematch with Sergio Mora so he can whoop that ass.

Calvin Brock Vs. Wladimir Klitschko is reportly going to take place in November. Way too soon for Brock, I want him to win, but will most likely get KO'd.

Manny Steward is more confidant in Wlad beating Calvin Brock (among many others) than he is in him beating Shannon Briggs. Manny knows his shit, but I think hes wrong on this one.

9/16 hype..from fightnews...

"I'm not coming to Las Vegas for a vacation," states WBO 130lb champion Jorge Barrios (46-2-1, 33 KOs), who is facing unbeaten former WBO 122lb champion Joan Guzman (25-0, 17 KOs) on September 16 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on September 16. "I'm coming to knock this guy out. I'm predicting that I'm going to knocking him out in the fourth round.....I'm not going to gamble either." Barrios, who arrives in Vegas this weekend to wrap up his preparations, also commented on his future. "I want to take care of business with Guzman, then see what is available....the fight I really want is a rematch with Acelino Freitas."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guzman, who is moving up to junior lightweight said he understands that as 130-pounder the fights will be tougher, but he believes he will maintain the power he showed at lower weights. "I'm hungrier," said Guzman. "I've been preparing for two months in Las Vegas and I feel very strong.....there's a chance Barrios is burned out because he's been at 130 for so long. I hope that Barrios is in great shape, because I am and I'm coming to bring the best fight ever."