TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Boxing Thread

I say Manny KO's Marco in the 8th. If it makes it that long, I'd be shocked to see the fight go past the 8th.

Holyfield lost. I didn't order it, but I watched it. He should have put more pressure on Ibragimov in the 12th, he had him hurt for a bit.

There is a pretty good fight between McCline(sp) and Peter making the rounds on Showtime.

Anyone else miss 'Prince' Naseem Hamed? Although when it came to beating the best, he couldn't handle it, but the guy was a fantastic showman. I miss his entrances that were often longer than his fights. i miss his punches that came out of nowhere. I miss his arms down by his side effortlessly evading attacks. I miss him coming to the ring on a magic carpet.

January 26, 2008 - Kelly Pavlik vs. John Duddy.

That should be a hell of a fight.

Entertaining while it lasts, but very unlikely to be competitive in the least.

Anyone else miss 'Prince' Naseem Hamed? Although when it came to beating the best, he couldn't handle it, but the guy was a fantastic showman. I miss his entrances that were often longer than his fights. i miss his punches that came out of nowhere. I miss his arms down by his side effortlessly evading attacks. I miss him coming to the ring on a magic carpet.

I remember HBO gave him something like a six fight contract. They fed him five guys to make him look good, and then in turn put him up against this guy who wiped the floor with him. I can't remember the name of him, but I know that he was somebody prominent back then.

I would have loved to see Hamed versus Gatti, when Gatti could still make that weight.

Marco Antonio Barerra was the one that took Prince to the woodshed, as it were. One of the funnest fights I've ever watched.

Where does that conclusion come from?

Seriously? I've yet to see even Duddy's most ardent supporters suggest that he has any way to avoid Kelly battering him around. Duddy's decent, but he hasn't shown anything that makes me believe he has much chance against most top tier MW's, much the less the division's best.

Gomez v Johannson last night was a real scrap, great entertainment. Gomez started strong, but i suppose he punched himself out. By the 6th he looked out on his feet and after a knockdown, the ref stopped it with Gomez looking shaky. may not have been technically the best fight, but it was a bloody, brutal brawl and the crowd lapped it up. Gomez wasn't happy after the stoppage and started to push referee Mickey Vann around. After the fight Gomez had, i think Vann could take him.

Contender finals will be next Tuesday, on Espn.

Sakio Bika (24-3-2, 14 KO’s) vs. Jaidon Codrington (18-1, 14 KO’s).

Jose “The Pit Bull” Diaz, younger brother to lightweight world champion Juan Diaz, suffered a broken jaw and dislocated tooth in the first round of his ten-round bout this past Friday night on Telefutura against rugged Miguel Mengui. Diaz, who fought through tremendous pain and adversity, did not notify his corner of any complications throughout the fight, except that he asked his corner for his tooth to be pulled at the end of round one. Diaz will have surgery tomorrow in his hometown of Houston, Texas, which will require two pins inserted into the jaw along with a couple of screws. The doctor has stated that Jose will be able to eat solid food in two months and will be able to resume his boxing career after a full recovery.

-fightnews.com

Really excellent fight with both guys going all out for 12 rounds while still fighting smart and technical. Calzaghe fought great as the aggressor with a surprising amount of body work. His infamous fragile hands were looking good as he connected with some of the hardest shots he's thrown in a while; he even rocked Kessler with a combo in the 8th. Kessler also came out looking great as he fought a tough smart fight, apparently hurting Joe with some uppercuts and body shots a few times before being overwhelmed. I hope Kessler can rebound becaue he could probably take anybody else at Supermiddle.

It's going to be Pavlik-Taylor 2 after all. I think Pavlik will retain.

How long will Vargas stay retired. I'm going with 16 months.

PBF-Hatton coming up.